Newbie/Started 6/6/11

Thanks Kes, well i've just come back from the meal out and i was not as good as i had hoped. For one thing the menu isn't entirely diet friendly so i chose steak and chips (oops) the portions were not huge and i did not eat it all, managed to resist a pudding but was very tempted!!! i also had my pill so shall see in the morning what happens. I did cut back through the day so hoping it won't have done much damage to my weightloss.
Hope you girls have had a good day.

ps Only had diet coke as i don't drink.

Mandy

Last edited:
steak and chips is a good meal out (i think anyway LOL) and give yourself credit that you resisted the puddings...

well done you i say :)

Well had botty problems this morning after my meal out. I sort of knew that i might and also have craved sweet things today, is this normal?
I'm still really very positive and treating this as a 24 hour hiccup.
Bought a slow cooker the other day and made a chicken casserole for tomorrow, can't wait.

Mandy

I miss my slow cooker, it was so handy!!

Steak and chips is a nice choice lol, its not easy when you go out for a meal as most of it has fat somewhere unfortunately unless you have lettuce leaves with no dressing which gets kinda boring!! We have to enjoy these nights anyway as theres always going to be celebrations and nights out in the future so cant avoid them altogether, just enjoy it and get back on it afterwards, easier said than done, dont i know it lol

Hi guys,

Just back from an afternoon out at a Bar/Grill again! This time it's my daughters mother-in-laws 50th birthday. Had a lovely time :) and chose wisely. Hoping for a 2lb loss this week but will be happy with anything.
Hows everyone doing?

Mandy

Oh well, just a 1lb for me this week. After losing so much last week i can't expect miracles.

Mandy

a pound is good... i would love to just lose a pound a week (sometimes more would be nice) but i would much rather that than sts, or gain!!

Thanks girls,

I'm feeling a bit down at the moment and have started nibbling, i'm so cross with myself. Until i went out for the first meal i was so focused, what the heck is going on?

I'm thinking of joining you ladies and working xenical in with ww or sw. Going to look for a local group in a minute. Having to have that official regular weekly weigh-in will encourage me to stay on track. Also i will get meal ideas as i'm tending to stick to the same old foods.

Mandy

I am the same Mandy, once i have a treat i tend to keep picking. So i am going to try and not have any, i know that might not sound good as we all deserve a treat but i find it so hard to re-focus again :( The sw and ww does seem to be a great help, i have nowhere local to go. Couldnt afford it anyway!! If you go you may give me some meal idea :D

you can always do it via online, if you cant get to a class..
(not sure on the costings)

Thanks Kes, i've found a class 2 minutes away, don't need to take the car. It tomorrow evening at 6.30. Will let you know how i get on.

Mandy

Hope it went ok

you okay Mandy ??

keep at it hun - you'll be your first stone down in no time :D

Hi all, thanks Mrs a for your concern.

Went to ww last night, had a really good meeting and the ladies are very focused and lovely. Been trying to get to grips with the pro-points system.
I know now where i have been going wrong for the last week and a half. Foods have been creeping in gradually which has obviously slowed down my weightloss and made me feel crap. Had loads of trouble in the toilet department over the last few days. Was up twice last night with stomach cramps and an urgency for the loo!!
Feel a lot better today but i've followed the ww plan and not gone over my daily points.
I am so focused now, weigh day is monday so lets hope for at least 2lbs.

Mandy

Hope you feel better soon, drinking plenty of water will help..

good luck for monday :)

Thanks bunny hops, i feel so much better did drink lots of fluids.
Don't know what it was that i had but i'm sure glad its gone now.
Oh well it's weigh day tomorrow and i'm very positive.
We had a family barbecue today, the weather has been gorgeous, i filled up on salad and was very choosy with the meat.
The kids were in the paddling pool with factor 60 suncream on and they still caught the sun!!!! i did keep re-applying it, so they're blathered in aftersun.

Mandy

Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday..I don't spend too much time in the sun, i just squint the whole time lol

It's been baking here this morning, having a few drops of rain/ thunder and the breeze is nice now..makes exercise easier and more bearable in the cooler weather, how these maniacs go jogging when it's 30+ degrees is beyond me!

Last edited:
I don't do jogging, my chest is way too big for that lol!! :giggle:
It's still very hot here (27) and sunny. Got to go to the local hospital for some tests this afternoon and i'm not looking forward to getting in our car, the interior is leather!!! looks nice but not practical in the summer.

Got weighed this morning and i've lost 2lbs, i'm back on track now. :)

Mandy

I know what you mean about the running.. I've just ordered some level shock absorber sports bras, they're meant to be very good, trying to do jumping jacks etc is very uncomfortable..

Good luck at the hospital!

Back