Newbie - Xenical & Slimfast?

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
S: 18st11lb C: 16st7lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 39.6 Loss: 2st4lb(12.17%)
Hi guys,
I've recently been prescribed xenical and was planning to start taking it with meals this week. However, after trying ams failing many diets I recently purchased some slim fast too, and was hoping to combine low fat/calorie counting with one shake a day (I seem to miss either breakfast or lunch these days and grab unhealthy snacks - which need to stop!) and thought a shake (with skimmed milk) will be ideal.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Will it be okay to take a xenical with my morning/lunchtime shake (5g fat) or would it be best to skip that tab?

Recently gained quite a bit of weight and can't wait to be back on plan properly and feeling healthier :)

Look forward to chatting to you guys :) x
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

toofatkat

Not such a fat kat now :)
S: 19st1.5lb C: 13st5lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 5st10.5lb(30.09%)
I have a herbalife protein shake for breakfast . They are lower fat than slimfast and sometimes I take my tablet sometimes I don't. But you'll be fine whatever you decide 5g of fat is still lower than the allowance anyway

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
S: 18st11lb C: 16st7lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 39.6 Loss: 2st4lb(12.17%)
toofatkat said:
I have a herbalife protein shake for breakfast . They are lower fat than slimfast and sometimes I take my tablet sometimes I don't. But you'll be fine whatever you decide 5g of fat is still lower than the allowance anyway

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks lovely! x
 

KittyBling

Gold Member
S: 16st1lb C: 13st11lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 2st4lb(14.22%)
Most slimfast products are fine with Xenical, but some aren't, so read the label. From memory the bars aren't and some of the pre-mixed shakes, although I think the ones you make up yourself are fine. Good luck!

KB
 

monkeypants

Full Member
S: 18st5lb C: 15st1.1lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 3st3.9lb(17.86%)
Hey,

I regularly take a slim fast, pre-made shake for breakfast on Xenical when I'm on the go - and haven't had a problem with it.

From January 1st I'm going to be doing two shakes a day and dinner- all with Xenical!
 

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
S: 18st11lb C: 16st7lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 39.6 Loss: 2st4lb(12.17%)
monkeypants said:
Hey,

I regularly take a slim fast, pre-made shake for breakfast on Xenical when I'm on the go - and haven't had a problem with it.

From January 1st I'm going to be doing two shakes a day and dinner- all with Xenical!

Sounds like a plan, mind if I join? x
 

monkeypants

Full Member
S: 18st5lb C: 15st1.1lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 3st3.9lb(17.86%)
ooo please do join- would be great to get extra support!

I've got a lot to lose and want to be a size 12 by October 2012....so thought why not kick start 2012 weight loss with slim fast!

Also I've spent far too much over December - so eating 2 out of my 3 meals with slimfast is much cheaper on my weekly food budget!
 

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
S: 18st11lb C: 16st7lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 39.6 Loss: 2st4lb(12.17%)
monkeypants said:
ooo please do join- would be great to get extra support!

I've got a lot to lose and want to be a size 12 by October 2012....so thought why not kick start 2012 weight loss with slim fast!

Also I've spent far too much over December - so eating 2 out of my 3 meals with slimfast is much cheaper on my weekly food budget!

Me too! On all accounts:

Size 12 and saving money :p

Are you going to have sf for breakfast and lunch? I have yet to they the bars/soup just have the shakes (which I'm still getting used to as not a huge milkshake fan) at the moment or sometimes
Swap with a soup for same
Cals
xx
 

monkeypants

Full Member
S: 18st5lb C: 15st1.1lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 3st3.9lb(17.86%)
Definitely going to have it for Breakfast, but for lunch I'm going to alternate with soups / shakes - depending on my mood, and the monotony of 14 shakes a week will not let me stay on track!

So my plan is:

Breakfast - Slim Fast Shake

Lunch - Shake / Soup of the same calorie intake

Dinner- Chicken or Fish with Salad.

Snack - Fruit

I'm planning to do this for all of January, except for 2 days that I'm at a conference with work, I'm going to be climbing the walls.
 

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
S: 18st11lb C: 16st7lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 39.6 Loss: 2st4lb(12.17%)
Same :D
'cept I may be alternating breakfast (porridge/sf) and lunch (soup/sf)
Good luck lovely! I started today x
 




Top