Newbie - Xenical & Slimfast?

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
Hi guys,
I've recently been prescribed xenical and was planning to start taking it with meals this week. However, after trying ams failing many diets I recently purchased some slim fast too, and was hoping to combine low fat/calorie counting with one shake a day (I seem to miss either breakfast or lunch these days and grab unhealthy snacks - which need to stop!) and thought a shake (with skimmed milk) will be ideal.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Will it be okay to take a xenical with my morning/lunchtime shake (5g fat) or would it be best to skip that tab?

Recently gained quite a bit of weight and can't wait to be back on plan properly and feeling healthier :)

Look forward to chatting to you guys :) x

I have a herbalife protein shake for breakfast . They are lower fat than slimfast and sometimes I take my tablet sometimes I don't. But you'll be fine whatever you decide 5g of fat is still lower than the allowance anyway

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
I have a herbalife protein shake for breakfast . They are lower fat than slimfast and sometimes I take my tablet sometimes I don't. But you'll be fine whatever you decide 5g of fat is still lower than the allowance anyway

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks lovely! x

Most slimfast products are fine with Xenical, but some aren't, so read the label. From memory the bars aren't and some of the pre-mixed shakes, although I think the ones you make up yourself are fine. Good luck!

KB

Hey,

I regularly take a slim fast, pre-made shake for breakfast on Xenical when I'm on the go - and haven't had a problem with it.

From January 1st I'm going to be doing two shakes a day and dinner- all with Xenical!

monkeypants said:
Hey,

I regularly take a slim fast, pre-made shake for breakfast on Xenical when I'm on the go - and haven't had a problem with it.

From January 1st I'm going to be doing two shakes a day and dinner- all with Xenical!

Sounds like a plan, mind if I join? x

ooo please do join- would be great to get extra support!

I've got a lot to lose and want to be a size 12 by October 2012....so thought why not kick start 2012 weight loss with slim fast!

Also I've spent far too much over December - so eating 2 out of my 3 meals with slimfast is much cheaper on my weekly food budget!

monkeypants said:
ooo please do join- would be great to get extra support!

I've got a lot to lose and want to be a size 12 by October 2012....so thought why not kick start 2012 weight loss with slim fast!

Also I've spent far too much over December - so eating 2 out of my 3 meals with slimfast is much cheaper on my weekly food budget!

Me too! On all accounts:

Size 12 and saving money :p

Are you going to have sf for breakfast and lunch? I have yet to they the bars/soup just have the shakes (which I'm still getting used to as not a huge milkshake fan) at the moment or sometimes
Swap with a soup for same
Cals
xx

Definitely going to have it for Breakfast, but for lunch I'm going to alternate with soups / shakes - depending on my mood, and the monotony of 14 shakes a week will not let me stay on track!

So my plan is:

Breakfast - Slim Fast Shake

Lunch - Shake / Soup of the same calorie intake

Dinner- Chicken or Fish with Salad.

Snack - Fruit

I'm planning to do this for all of January, except for 2 days that I'm at a conference with work, I'm going to be climbing the walls.

Same :D
'cept I may be alternating breakfast (porridge/sf) and lunch (soup/sf)
Good luck lovely! I started today x

Back