Vampyra

Hi. This is my first post so just saying hello. I had been hoping to start lighter life last year but had 'problems' with my g.p.
I have since found a similar diet.....golower....which I am thinking of starting in February.....still doing some research into low carb, low fat high protein diets. Anyone here doing the golower? How does it compare say to dietchef or jenny craig which are vlcd's. ?

Diet chef and Jenny Craig aren't VLCDs. VLCDs are less than 800 cals a day

VLCDs would be LighterLife, Cambridge, Lipotrim, Exante or Slim and Save. Have a look at their websites and the sections on here.

Irene xx

Welcome aboard! I must confess, I don’t know anything about the diets you have described, but I’ve always been wary about diets that cut carbs or proteins instead of advocating balance. Low fat diets work best, but it’s the kinds of fats that you should focus on as well as curbing volume of intake. Balance is always best and will see the best long term results.

Anyway, there is a wealth of information on these boards about all sorts of different plans, so doubtless regardless of which one you choose, you’ll have plenty of support around these parts. Good luck! ^^

Many thanks for your replies and help. I'm just trying to find my way around the forums at the moment and hope to get started proper in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to getting started and feel relieved that I have found a place of support with like minded people.

Back