lizfrank07

Hi I'm Liz from Leeds. I'm starting Zig Zagging tomorrow. I did this diet a few years ago and I was quite successful. Alot of not so good things have happened over past couple of years and the weight has crept back on :sigh: but I'm determined to be 10stone for Christmas and the only way I'm going to do it is keep a log on here and share my ups and downs with you guys :)

My excercise you could say if moderate (I have twin 6 year old boys lol so they keep me active lol)

So fingers crossed I get to target.

Look forward to chatting with you all :D

Hello :) I've looked into zig zagging a few times but never given it an actual go. What sort of zig zag pattern do you do? At the moment I'm just consuming 1200 calories a day and exercising x

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

Hi guys, I'm a newbie to the world of calorie counting, starting today at 17st 4lbs eeeeek! :( Is zig-zagging the same as JUDDD?

lis2811 said:
I'm
New starting today at 213lbs :-(

Hi :) I noticed your other thread saying your journey starts today and you're gonna start at 1200 cals a day. Please start a bit higher, as 1200 is the minimum a woman should have daily and if you go any lower it screws with your metabolism. You can always have 1200 at some point but I'd advise you start higher and gradually decrease your calories - cause if you hit a plateau or weight loss slows then you won't have anywhere to decrease to by starting at 1200!

I'm 174.5lbs and aiming to get back down to the 140lbs I used to be a few months back, and I'm having 1460 cals a day for now, and if I plateau or weight loss slows then I'll decrease the amount. If you look at the stickies section of the calorie counting forum, there's a thread called "how many calories" and it works out exactly what you need to lose weight based on your stats, BMI and BMR. That's what I've used and 1460 is what it's given me :)

Good luck! xx

lis2811 said:
Thanks for this, was going on Mfp. Will check the sticky. :)

That's okay :) its always better to start higher and work your way down. Plus that way you won't feel so deprived right from the off and as your stomach shrinks and adjusts to less food you'll find it easier to gradually decrease calories if need be x

That sounds about right if you're starting weight is 213lbs, and you'll find you won't feel deprived cause when you eat all fresh healthy foods you can get loads for 1500 calories! & in time you can always decrease slowly to speed up your weight loss or if you hit a plateau.. Good luck!

Thanks. So far today has been banana and strawberry smoothie. Lunch home made leek and potato soup and dinner will be boiled ham small portion of mashed pots a boiled ham
Is it ok if I don't use them all to carry them over? For a special meal ?

I think you could carry them over yeah, but only to be used within the same week. Like you could carry calories over for Saturday, but they'd have to be used by the weekend as Monday is a different week.

Back