niche's diary!

That's good to know about the extra light philly, I've just been keeping the 35g mini-tubs in the fridge for "emergencies".

Just keep a check on the grams of fat per 100g, gives the percentage. I see that you don't have a vast amount to lose. I think for those who have, anything that slows it down is a real bind, as it means you are on the diet Cruise phase for so long.

Today was pp!

B- coffee with splenda. dukan bread Butty with turkey & ww slice cheese! (mistake).

L- tin of sardines & diet coke

D- turkey Rashers & dry fried egg & diet coke.

Warm milk with splenda before bed.

PV today!

B- coffee with splenda.

L- chicken salad, muller lite & diet coke

D- ham salad with dukan bread. Muller lite.

Glad we've got that cheese thing out of the way. Everyone clear now?

WW cheese NOT ok. (They're sneaky in putting the fat content of 20g portion on the front.)

Philly Xtra lite 30g per day as tolerated - only use if desperate. I do at weekends to help at difficult moments (with some sweetener, and Mouse's victoria sandwich cake, YUM!!).

Niche - Glad to see a menu from you with some chewing required! A couple of your days were total mush - no teeth required food! haaaa! Made me smile ;) Don't skip breakfast though eh?

Hi, I've had a look and decided 5% ff cheese does not exsist!

I could do with your advice maintainer, I'm struggling! I did attack for 5 days and I lost 7lbs. 1st week in cruise I stayed the same.

My official weigh in day is Friday. I do weigh myself every morning (I know I shouldn't), but 1lb keeps jumping back on. (making my loss 6lb) and then coming back off! So my worry is that on Friday I'll still be just 7lb down! Help!!

I have been having the tolerated items, 2 per day which were allowed (I think). I also had the wrong bloody cheese on 3 occasions, so thy hasn't helped. But I trying really hard and not getting anywhere .

Hiya,

Maybe if you find you are stalling you should avoid the tolerated items and definately the cheese. A few people on here suggest cutting them out if you are stalling and only having them if you are desperate to as opposed to a daily occurance.

Also are you drinking enough water? As that really helps. Is it coming to TOTM? As I put loads of weight on the week before mine so it could be that? Also are you doing the recommended walking per day or do you do other exercise? Just thinking it could be muscle gain maybe if you are gyming it everyday. Just a possibility.

Maintainer has been doing this alot longer than me so she can probably give you better advice. Fortunately ive not stalled yet *touch wood* so do not have first hand experience.

Hope that helps anyway :)
x

Your advice is spot on Emms.

With regard to the tolerated items, we always here try to dissuade new people from even starting them (cos once you get used to having them, it'll be harder to stop...). Also it's good to know there's something you can have when you're desperate and about to chew on your own arm!

It's quite normal to have stalled in cruise after some errors and lots of tolerated; so let's draw a line there, and go back to simple fodder with no tolerated items. Forget cheese too. If there was anything acceptable, our lot would have found it by now.

Cook from scratch - so much easier than trying to decipher the food labels which are sent to try us.

And perhaps post your menu one day for the next so that we can pick any error up...

:D

Last edited:
With regard to the tolerated items, we always here try to dissuade new people from even starting them (cos once you get used to having them, it'll be harder to stop...). Also it's good to know there's something you can have when you're desperate and about to chew on your own arm!
:D

Totally agree - tolerated items are the things you put behind the little glass box with the label "Break in Emergency".

Because if you don't hold some treats back at the beginning, on those days when you need a little extra there are no safe treats between you and the chocolate biscuits! And that's how even the best intentions get derailed.

(Later, when you are more confident in cruise, you will be able to experiment and find which tolerated items stall you, and which don't.)

Thanks for all the advice. It's nice to know that you all know what your doin & I can ask when I'm stuck.

I was feeling ill yesterday so I only had a dukan bread chicken Butty. Feel better 2day.

B- coffee with splenda.

L- chicken salad & diet coke.

D- steak, mushrooms & salad. Muller with oatbran/wheatbran.

Try not to skip breakfast niche... we need the fuel. How tall are you? Your weight is rather low...

Niche - you should try to start your day with a good dose of protein (eggs, chicken, yogurt at the very least, to make sure that your body knows that it should burn fat rather than hang onto it.

At the moment you are fasting - starving - for 15 to 16 hours, and probably convincing your more body that as it only gets one good meal a day it better hang onto the fat to see it through - particularly as you are already at a normal-to-low body weight.

There is a reason why we call it Break-Fast - we are supposed to stop fasting when we wake up, ready for the day ahead.

Hi I'm 5ft1 so not very tall haha! I went out for lunch today so I had another pv day but will have 2 pp days to make up. I do normally have a yogurt for breakfast as I don't have time for anything else. I skipped breakfast yesterday as I was feeling ill.

B- coffee with splenda & muller lite

L- turkey, carrots & runner beans. Diet coke

D- turkey rashers, 2 dry fried eggs & dukan bread toasted. Mmmm

I always have a warm milk with splenda before bed.

PP today.

B- espresso with splena

L- 2 boiled eggs & 2 chicken legs. Sf jelly & diet coke.

D- dukan bread chicken Butty with mustard. Mulller & diet coke.

Another pp today!

B- coffee with splenda & muller

L- Ham with diet coke

D- dukan Bread toasted with turkey rashers & 2 dry fried eggs. Sf jelly.

PV today!

B- coffee with splenda & muller

L- ham salad & diet coke

D- cod with veg, muller & diet coke

I'm going to newquay for a week on Sunday in a b&b. I'm Gona try my hardest to stick to the diet! I don't wana fail now, but I am worried.

Hello. Are u eating enough protein, just a ham salad sounds very low in protein. Are you eating loads of ham with it. Try not to worry bout the b and b. You could make sure u hve scrambled eggs for breaky. It's soooo nt worth the toast or anything else for that matter. Maybe black puddin is ok? I don't know tho lol x

Hi, yeah I had nearly a full pack of ham & 2 pieces of cod! I'm Gona try & stick to scrambled eggs & maybe steak for tea so hopefully shall be ok.

Back