Nicola's Diary

Hiya, well done on getting through the first week, and good luck with your weigh in tomorrow! I'm sure it will go great!

I think I'm the same as you with the packs - the curry and chilli really don't do it for me and I was surprised by the bananna and vanilla ones with coffee in them, really lovely! The porridge is just far too sweet for my liking though (I always have my porridge salty not sweet, so this stuff is a shock to the system in the mornings)!

Best of luck with the essay too, and hope the headaches improve!

Hiya yeah the porridge is too sweet for me and i have a really sweet tooth! Struggling today, not feeling too bright and thinking of food all the time-its constant! Arggghhhhh. Managed 500 words of essay so getting there! Hoping tomorrow is another day!

Tomorrow is always another day. Keep on trucking. The last laps of college work are always a total nightmare and often the hardest part. I remember wanting to throw the towel in towards the end on many occasions. Particularly remember standing on a bus stop with my mum in the pouring rain, so fed up, holes in my boots and no money! I hated being a student and wanted to work. Thankfully she encouraged me and bucked me up enougth to keep trudging on. That was 14 years ago, and wihtout the qualification I wouldn't be where I am now. Students of my own and in a job that I love. Keep at it.

Respect to you for doing lighter life at this stage, takes a fair bit of comitment. You have an awful lot to gain by being successful so you will keep on till you get there I am sure.

Onwards and downwards lovely xx

Thanks Clara,
Just what i needed-can i bottle u please!??
Today is another day and i'm feeling good again-was so strange yesterday!

This whole Lighter Life for me is part of developing into a more positive me, for the last three years i have felt like a total failure! I lost my job as a teacher - which i loved and ended up in an employment tribunal with unfair dismissal. Was the hardest time of my life and i remained strong for the two and a half year legal process but unfortunately has left me with a few 'emotional scars'! I took on this degree with a 'I have to do it i have no choice' attitude but now i'm nearly at the end i'm proud of my achievements. My assessor on placement described me as a strong lady who was 'misunderstood!' i think she was right and she also said i was 'full of self doubt' hence the reason for doubting my every issue! Anyhow, here i am day 7 and feeling ok! Another part of the struggle was the fact i was told 4 years ago i would probably never conceive naturally due to blocked fallopian tubes and here i am trying to get my BMI below 30 to have IVF-Yes its a great incentive but its tough dealing with all the emotional stuff that leads to my eating.

I believe i can do this and want to do it for me, not just because of the IVF but for ME!!! I love to read all of your diaries it keeps me going and motivated! I haven't had food/water yet this morning saying that-naughty i know so i'd best sign on and get myself something before i pass out!

I have also had wonderful news today-my best friend has given birth to a baby girl-so chuffed for her as she also has been waiting a long time for this much awaited bundle xx

Heres to a good day all :)

You make it rock for you, and the world will be your mollusc :)

If you can bottle me, finding a bottle big enough to accommodate my a** then you can have me lol

What a day! Not felt like eating much and didn't have first food pack until midday. Anyhow had another at 2.30 then another at 5pm so all good! I know i haven't drunk enough water today as have had a real niggle-i had coffee this morning and have always suffered with like IBS and think this has set it off-been in pain most of day hence not wanting to drink!

Just got back from LL session and first weigh in- yey lost 7 1bs!!!! I was a little disheartened that it wasn't more-don't want to sound greedy but this is the problem i put so much pressure on myself i need to get out of this mind set. I am super chuffed that i have lost half a stone mind and aim to be focused tomorrow! I think i will find it a bit easier this week as i have chosen my own food packs so have all that i like :)

Sitting here eating final food for the day- a raspberry and cranberry bar, choc is my downfall so thought i would treat myself to one bar a week-is that wrong to see it as a treat??? However, not the 'treat' i perceived as its like sawdust!! Could be worse but it is nice to have something to chew on!!!!!!!!!!

Good loss of 7 lb, you probably will have another tidy one next week.

Keep trucking x

Well done half a stone gone! The bars are ok, not my favourite. I would suggest maybe not viewing any food as a treat replace it for something else. Worked for me xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done half a stone gone! The bars are ok, not my favourite. I would suggest maybe not viewing any food as a treat replace it for something else. Worked for me xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks LadyT, Yeah only one bar a week for me -or maybe none after tasting that!

Day 8 in the LL house! Am feeling ok today, full of motivation for LL but really worried about this essay-need to try an get it finished! I have never been so behind with an essay at this stage, it is 4000 words and i have 1200 to go by Monday, hoping to get 600 done today and then 600 tomorrow to leave me the weekend to tidy it up!! I didn't get as many porridge last night, only one actually - have replaced them with shakes as i think i will enjoy these more for breakfast!

Have a good day all, i am certainly going to try but things that might stop it are: essay and car having MOT-HOPE IT PASSES AS WE HAVE NO MONEY!!!!!

I always used to write mine the night before and the morning they were due to be in. Very bad habit and nightmare with the stress. How ever did I pass I will never know lol

Wish i could be like that Clara!!! A friend is able to do that but i've never been able to unfortunately.

I have managed 300 words so far this morning - yey! The essay is in a bit of a mess but only 900 words to go now and then i can sort it out! Thanks Clara! Whereabouts in Wales are u???

Swansea girl, working in Carmarthen.

What is the essay on ?

Just got back from Carmarthen, in uni in Swansea! Spend my life on the road! Its on my best practice to date-social work degree! Eeeks! Need to get more done tonight now, at least another 300 words then i only have 600 left for tomorrow!

Just had a barney with hubby and at this point what would i normally do??? Eat of course, anyhow i am not letting him ruin it so water it is! LOL

Did i mention the car, bloody thing heap of British poop! More expense, garage rang and told me there is another coil and also the burning smell was where the damaged coil has been rubbing the tyre-so not sure it will pass MOT. Apparently this coil thing is common in Vauxhalls-so when we get rid of this one-only done 24000 in 5 years then i'm not buying another! A bill of over £500 awaits me now-great!

I'm sorry to hear about your car, they're a nightmare! Yay to not eating after the argument, arguing is one of my huge triggers so can truly sympathise with how difficult that must have been. bet you felt great afterwards though, well done!! x

Luckily bill wasn't as much BUT will be as they then informed me although it had passed MOT it has a nail in one of the other tyres-great more expense! I feel like poop all in all a c**p day for me, lucky i haven't managed to lapse and eat food-i don't feel good or proud but think thats because i just want to cry! I'm sure tomorrow i will look back and be proud that i did not use food as my comfort!

My motto has always been, 'Tomorrow is another day!' thankfully it will be for me. Didn't manage to finish other 300 words for essay so thats means work, work, work tomorrow. I am beginning to wonder is it because i like testing the limit-see how late i can leave it-rebellious child behaviour and never had this before with an essay-its probably because i'm not allowed to do it with food!!! LOL

Doing well stress wise and not eating. It's really hard, but if it is something you can master it will stand you in good stead.

I have just had a Swansea student on placement, and I also did my qualification there. Thankfully at that time it was a 2 year course not the 3 year degree. Got my masters out of it so cant complain :)

Keep going xx

Are u in social work then i take it???? No doubt one of my peer group-level three?? I had a FAB placement was so lucky and really enjoyed. Should have started LL whilst on PLO think it would have been easier but heyho i'm doing it now! What did u do your masters in???? I have always wanted to do a masters but can't do it financially at the moment! Also struggling to find a job which is a stark contrast to when i applied to the course so all a little bit negative at the moment!

Oh and thank you Clara, just realised thats all i've done is rant!!!

The masters was part of the social work qualification you got them when you did your dissertation. Now that was hard work. Advocacy and people with learning disabilities. Interesting though. Yes just had a level three and she is working on the same piece of work at the mo.

Where was your placement ? Being nosey you can pm me if you dont want to share that info publicly lol I really enjoy having students, keeps me fresh and after 14 years qualified I need that lol The reports I absolutely hate writting though, but they have got easier over the years.

Most of our recruitment took place prior to people qualifying when they were still on placement. But it tends to go in waves. Always jobs in child care though, brilliant way to start your career, very demanding though.

You'll get there. It's hard at the mo but it will pass honestly. x

Back