Nikki (AKA Wannabslim)'s Diary- Leaving the WW forum!

I too have been on my own scales today (I know that I shouldn't) and am 2.5 lb heavier than last week and my weigh in is tomorrow!!!!!! I checked and rechecked my tracker and can find nothing wrong. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

I know what your saying about the Carb thing! I think im eating to much bread! ... maybe try cutting down on the carbs a bit! I know its tough cos you crave them somtimes lol! ..........
As for the weighing! i weigh every morning! i know i shouldnt! but i do and i just cant help it!

I think it was the self weighing that kind of knocked me off track as my scales were showing a 1lb gain on friday and then I got my exam results and bingo, lost it big time. A gain on my scales spells self sabotage for me. Also it dictates my mood about how I feel about myself, if I see a loss I feel good, but if I don't then feel fat and bloated. I wish I could have a normal attitude to food and weight (whatever normal is).

Heya, yeah thinking a cut down on carbs is on the cards. I have always been a daily weigher- the movement on the scales doesn't lead to me eating, but it does affect my mood and to that extent perhaps it is not the best thing. But I like to understand how my body works and how different things affect me, and weighing weekly wont show the fluctuations but at the same time it wouldnt allow me to get to grips with the patterns in my weightloss.... i think I may cut down on the weighing in between weeks but I don't plan to cut it out completely!

Just got back from a lovely long walk along the beach, with a stop for lunch (jacket potato and cheese) and some New Forest ice cream. Not sure how many points but I'm saying 10 in total. Then I have 8 left for this evening's dinner (I am banking 4 on top of those I earn doing aquafit) which is plenty as most of it will be 0 point veg!! :D

xxx

Seriously you DO need to cut back the weighing... its ok if youre on CD or something where you actually can see a daily difference, but it just doesnt work on WW and as you say its affecting your mood and your positivity.

Why not even one week with no extra wi's or at most 1 mid week one. see how you get on :)

Last edited:
Lol not at all hun, I appreciate it!!!

So onto how I did today...

WW cake: 1 point
jacket potato and cheese: 4 points
2 large scoops New Forest ice cream: 6 points
Roast chicken, veg and gravy: 3.5 points

Days total: 14.5
Allowing 4 to be banked for overspend earlier this week: 18.5
Activity points earned: 5.5 (aquafit and a long gentle walk :D not going to spend them!!)
Need to use up: 3.5

So all in all a successful day dietwise and exercise-wise- a long walk down the beach AND aquafit AND managing to bank as well :) I am a happy bunny!

xxx

Sounds like youve had a brilliant day! i do love it when a plan comes together!

do you find your hungry tho after only eatin 14? .. I get to this time in the evenings and just hope ive got enough for snacks! .. lol

xxxx

Helloooo there everyone!

Well my first day on placement went very well :D got on with everyone including the kids I'm now working with so that was a relief! Off for a training day tomorrow which should be fun.

Soo foodwise today has been fairly good. I had my cereal for breakfast as normal, and took a packed lunch to work to save my money and keep tabs on my points. And it worked!....

Brekkie: Cereal (3 points)
Mid-morning snack: 2 pink and whites (1 point)
Lunch: 4 pieces of Kingsmill Crustless 50/50 made up as sarnies with WW tuna filling (3 points total)
Babybel light (1 point)
Medium pear (1 point)
Packet of skips (1.5 points)
Mid-afternoon snack: diet coke cherry and maltesers (3.5 points)

Total so far: 14

Ok, so I shouldn't really have had the maltesers (and i probably should only have had 1 out of the babybel/skips instead of both!) but 14 is not bad going really considering I do feel like I have been nibbling all day. I wasn't v. busy today so hopefully on busier days I won't get a chance to snack! I planned to bank 4 today but not sure if its worth it as it would mean I hardly get any dinner. I did bank a fair few yesterday so maybe just 1 or 2 if I can would be better. It would just be nice to see the scales back where they were last tuesday when i WI tomorrow and I'm not sure they will be if I dont bank some points today..... maybe you guys may have some advice for me??

xxx

Last edited:
Sounds like youve done great so far today! ... Ummm only thing i can think of is if you have a low points meal and bulk out on veg! ... 0pnt soup and a jacket or ummm ... stir fry? .. sorry im not much help ........

Also the pink and whites i thought they were .5 each but 1.5 for two? .. think somone at class told me! ... i hope im wrong cos they are yummy for the pointage! ... xxx

Hope you have somthing yummy for tea xx

Ohhh well I know they are 0.5 each (according to my book, which doesnt say anything about them being more in multiples!) so I have just been working them all out at that.. hope thats right!! Yeah think you may be right about dinner, soup sounds good... x

So I had a chicken chasseur ready meal (5.5 points) with looooads of veggies :D yummmy! Added to that my dessert and we're at 7.5 points. Add that to my 14 points from earlier and we're on 21.5. So thats it, days consumption over! Its water from now til the end of the evening! Think I am gonna have an early night tonight tho, cos I have to be up at 7 tomorrow so to get my 8 hours in I need to be in bed, asleep by 11. So will probably settle down about 10ish so only 3 hours to fill without eating!! xxx

Week 2 Weigh In Results....

So, week 2 weigh in....

Before I tell you how I got on, I need to first say that it seems although I may not have lost much lb-wise, the inches are starting to show and I am now in what I call my "halfway to skinny" jeans, as I can only normally wear them once I have dieted a bit! My normal jeans keep falling down and are on the way out (the thighs have huge holes in) so its just as well that I can now fit into the ones the next size down! I am now a 16 jean and not an 18 which is great (I have big hips and thighs but these are slimming down through exercise).

So, onto the weigh-in. Last time I checked I was back up to 13.10 after a rather naughty few days. So I was hoping that I would have lost a little bit of that by today. I am now somewhere between 13.7 and 13.8, so I'm not back down to where I was last week but at least I have lost an average of 1lb a week now, as opposed to staying the same! :D

So this week I promise to be good and stick within my points every day! I am also going to do a workout DVD this evening :) as I am sure that a lot of the reason why I am looking slimmer is down to the exercise side of things, and not weightloss! It may also explain why the lbs are slow to fall off as I am building muscle and fat is noticeably disappearing...

I'm off to a training course for work today- "refreshments" which I expect is just tea and coffee, are available in the morning and afternoon breaks but lunch is not provided so I think I will take a couple of pieces of fruit and a sandwich. I want to try and only use about 8 points before the evening today (so I can save 4 and still have 10 left for the evening). So if you count my cereal at 3 points, that gives me 5 for the day. The fruit will use 1.5 points, so if I have a sarnie with WW filling and a pink'n'white that will use the remainder.

Hope you all have a good day! Nikki x

Thanks girlies!

So I made my lunch etc.... then realised all my bread was mouldy... so I took everything else with me and managed to get a home made sarnie for £2 made to order which was lucky!! Have done LOOOOADS better today- the course meant I couldnt snack so its all gone great guns :D

Brekkie: Cereal (3)
Lunch: Sarnie- wholemeal with salad and a teeny bit of cheese, no butter (total 4.5 points)
Clementine and a small banana (1.5 altogether)
Pack of baked (1.5)
1 pink & white (0.5)

So total so far today is 11 points, so I have 7 to use if I want to save 4, otherwise 12 left to spend!! Not bad really considering I couldnt have my 2 point sarnies as planned :D xxx

Back