Nikki (ngreen1974) Starts A Diary

hey nikki i cook my steak under the grill and it seems ok if u catch it right , and ur weight is going in the right direction so good luck hunny !!!!

I've got one of those non stick pans with a red dot in the middle and the trick is to really heat the pan well, until the dot goes black, then you show your steak the pan! Yum! <Vicky and I like ours rarer than rare...>

As for all this alcohol talk, I shall simply close my pious eyes and move on... (talk about the "born again" attitude!!)... <Dukan does not allow any alcohol... but, if you must, vodka and diet coke is best option - wine has too many carbs>

As for putting in some extra PPs because you're feeling bloated, nah! That's not a great idea! Find your rhythm and stick to it so if you're alternating PPs and PVs, keep at it... any "gain" on a PV day is purely water, and it's real life, and you'll find you've less problem in the old constipation department!

Otherwise, ref. hen night - sounds VERY possible if you can stick to the straight and narrow. 1K a week is the average loss on Cruise I believe with no slip ups... extra exercise might see you get the 3lbs...

I see your little one isn't very old... can I presume your doctor is OK with your doing this sort of a diet? Sorry to be a killjoy there but only thinking of your health... :)

PS - love your sense of humour!

i do my steak in a pan with no oil

absolutely - no oil required if good pan

I've got one of those non stick pans with a red dot in the middle and the trick is to really heat the pan well, until the dot goes black, then you show your steak the pan! Yum! <Vicky and I like ours rarer than rare...>

As for all this alcohol talk, I shall simply close my pious eyes and move on... (talk about the "born again" attitude!!)... <Dukan does not allow any alcohol... but, if you must, vodka and diet coke is best option - wine has too many carbs>

As for putting in some extra PPs because you're feeling bloated, nah! That's not a great idea! Find your rhythm and stick to it so if you're alternating PPs and PVs, keep at it... any "gain" on a PV day is purely water, and it's real life, and you'll find you've less problem in the old constipation department!

Otherwise, ref. hen night - sounds VERY possible if you can stick to the straight and narrow. 1K a week is the average loss on Cruise I believe with no slip ups... extra exercise might see you get the 3lbs...

I see your little one isn't very old... can I presume your doctor is OK with your doing this sort of a diet? Sorry to be a killjoy there but only thinking of your health... :)

PS - love your sense of humour!

I do have one of those pans with the red dot Jo, but unfortunately th OH thought he would clean it with a scouring pad one day! Grrrr:mad: I darent say anything incase he never offers to wash up again! ;)

I can promise hand on heart, that no alcohol has pass these lips since starting Dukan, and trust me, that is a HUGE deal. 3 glasses of wine a night is normally the norm! I am now a reformed drinker and shall only have my vodka and diet coke on the hen do.

I'm flipping astounded that you all think that kind of weight loss is do-able by the end of Nov. I cant tell you how motivated I am now. I MIGHT even do some exercise! Dont get too excited, I said "MIGHT"!! ;)

Baby Daisy is now 5 1/2 months old so no worries there. My TOTM just took forever to comeback (which is fine by me :)). Bugger, I should have used that as my excuse not to exercise. Note to self - Think before you speak Nic! :)

Jo, do you have a diary?

x

well done Nikki and get some exercise done!!! ill get the whip out.

Err Nikki I did start one, but really just bumbled on about my compulsive eating disorder... and haven't really got the diary off the ground as I seem to be repeating the same old pattern over and again.

I basically lost my weight on a normal diet - self invented - so why I can't do it now, when there's far less to lose, is anyone's guess! But I actually discovered Dukan weighing less than I do now... but it's not the diet's fault, because I did get to a very low (for me) target with it about three years ago...

I'll get back in the zone... so, meanwhile, to keep me concentrated, I'll keep flicking my whip at you lot!

Ooooh and I never ever ever exercised with joy - despite joining gyms AND having a pool very close to where I live... then I discovered walking... and now I walk to work each day (provided it's not raining! I don't do rain... cold is fine, rain is not!!)... My walk varies from a straight walk here - 5km, to various detours I take when I'm feeling good, up to 7.5km... and I'm the least sporty person I know!

Try it! You might surprise yourself!

I'll get back in the zone... so, meanwhile, to keep me concentrated, I'll keep flicking my whip at you lot!
my sentiments exactly.

That's a shame Jo, I'd like to read your diary.

The walking thing is do-able but it would be with a pram in tow, therefore meaning a very slow walk. I guess any walk is better than nothing tho.
x

I've seen women in the park, with them running tights on and skin tight lycra and trainers

actually running with them three wheeler buggies !

:eek: made me feel very inadequate lol

I prefer the lived in look when pushing the pram. You know, the jumper with the milk drool on one shoulder!

I went out the other day and on returning home noticed a bra had conveniently attached itself to the back of my cardigan! :eek: Not one woman stopped to tell me! There's solidarity for you.

nikki that is sooo funny :D poor you!!! (but still funny!)

omg - mind you, not sure I would've had the guts to tell you....could've been some homage to lady gaga or summat (i'm so rubbish with fashion) lol

I can feel the sympathy pouring out of you Vicky! :p

sorry babe. it is funny though.!!! i would have told you though.

So in other words you STOLE a bra? You shoplifted a bra?!!

I saw a sight last month... two joggers in the Tuileries Gardens (name dropping) as I walked to work seemingly holding hands... with a dog running in front of them. As they crossed my path, I saw that they had their wrists attached and realised that the dog was a guide dog for the blind (I'm presuming only one of them was blind though because the dog was loose).

Alottolose - pmsl I completely understand. Lady Gaga is lost on me. Although my 3 year daughter loves her song 'Poker Face'! The lyrics refer to 'love glue guns' and 'muffins' :eek: Not what you want a 3 year old singing. When she asked me why the lady was singing about those thing I told a 'mummy lie' and said she was singing about soldiers and cakes!!!!!!!!!! You certainly learn to think on your feet as a Mum!

Jo - I wish the bra was a new one from a shop, but no, it was one of my old faithfuls. :eek: That'll teach me to throw all my clothes in a heap at the end of the day. I cant believe you're trying to blackmail into exercising now by telling me stories of blind people running pmsl :D

sorry babe. it is funny though.!!! i would have told you though.
You may have tried to tell me, but I suspect you would have been laughing too much to say anything LOL :D

Back