Ninja's diary - fasting and running to lose 50lbs

DN... Might be asking some chemistry questions! Daughter doing A level chemistry revision with view to doing biochemistry at Uni in Sept. She's doing my head in! X

Yup that's what happens with teachers.

You might be thinking of tryptophan which is an amino acids that helps you sleep. There's no solid evidence that cheese brings on more lucid dreams, but I find the combo of fat and protein works to convince my stomach it's eaten more than it has and requires v little effort to get - making a proper meal would definitely wake me up! Full fat yoghurt works for me too. As does cooked meat, but I didn't have any in the fridge.

Anyway, it worked beautifully, thank you.

Fabulous results this week :)

I've read in the past that cheese interferes with sleep btw so if it doesn't work to get you back to sleep maybe try another snack next time?! It's just one thing I actually remembered from when I studied insomnia in psychology!!! But it was probably a theory!

I'm up pretty early too.... Nowhere near as early as you though!

Your plan sounds so-able 2.5 pounds a week on average is pretty reasonable.

5:2 is probably better for you than straight vlcd'ing as it helps you learn food choices a but better, gives you more energy for all your exercise, and I am sure it acts as a metabolism boost. I'm partly not as worried about having a day off today because it will probably act as a metabolism boost too. Just can't use it as excuse. But I would honestly try and follow a similar plan to what you're doing if I had more time... I have 25 days to go!!!

Really glad we "met" on here by the way (cheesy!) but it's great that we have similar goals / methods / mindset etc

Hope you managed to get back to sleep anyway

Awww me too!

tryptophan - that was the one!! Yes I remembered something from my degree haha!!

DN... Might be asking some chemistry questions! Daughter doing A level chemistry revision with view to doing biochemistry at Uni in Sept. She's doing my head in! X

feel free. The A2 stuff is a b*gger so happy to help. Marking practical exams this weekend...pooey!

Lol! Just got on the scales and another lb down! It's a decent time of morning so am counting it as my official...

Redone weekly stats...yay! I think my body likes 5:2 with a cheat day....

This weeks start weight: 12.9
End weight: 12.4.5
weight lost this week: 4.5 lbs!
Total weight lost: 10.5 lbs
Av cals:
Miles run: 16

Lol! Just got on the scales and another lb down! It's a decent time of morning so am counting it as my official... Redone weekly stats...yay! I think my body likes 5:2 with a cheat day.... This weeks start weight: 12.9 End weight: 12.4.5 weight lost this week: 4.5 lbs! Total weight lost: 10.5 lbs Av cals: Miles run: 16

Well done!!!!! And it's never naughty to weigh in else I'd get nothing from Santa ever. so I weight twice every day!!!!! Xx

Such a great loss :)

Plan for next week. Want to eat a little healthier (except on my feast day, of course!)

Am going to do T25 this week so running a little lighter.

Start weight from sun weigh in...12.4.5

M (12.3.5) - T25 speed 1.0 DONE
T - (12.7) - Fast - 3 miles hilly
W - 3 miles
Th - Fast, rest
F - feast day, 3 miles
S - 6 miles
S - Fast day

Planned miles - 16-19 plus T 25 workout daily.

Last edited:
Sun 4 May

Ex: AM T25 cardio
PM 4 miles on treadmill - shredders (3 min @ 5mph, 2 min @ 6mph, 1 min @ 7mph, repeated 6 times)

B - soya latte, porridge
L - roast chicken, roast veg (courgette, onion, peppers
S - after eight munchies
T - seeded wrap with left over roasted veg and hummus

Cals - 1700

Been hungry today. Hard to satisfy - hence the choc after lunch...really helped!

Last edited:
Get off the sofa and do something useful! lol

Urgghh I got off the sofa and did 4 miles of shredders (3 min slow, 2 med, 1 fast - got 6 repeats in) but now I feel sick!
Back to lying on the sofa...think I may have eaten too much at lunch....blurrgghh

Just worked out I ate an average of 1350-1380 cals this week (approx) even with feast day! If I'd set out to stick to that I wouldn't have made it! I struggle to stick to 1700 a day when cal counting!

Just worked out I ate an average of 1350-1380 cals this week (approx) even with feast day! If I'd set out to stick to that I wouldn't have made it! I struggle to stick to 1700 a day when cal counting!

That's why I'm doing this, for me to lose weight now I can't have more than around 1200 a day which I'm just miserable on so this way I average 1200 a day but on non fast days can have 1500 which is so much better

Back