Nixx's path to skinniness

nixx

I AM going to stick to this and lose loads, but I'm worrying (already) about what I do when I come off LT. I go away at the end of August. Do I stop LT 2 weeks before then and do the refeeding (I have this from a pharmacy website), then carry on just eating low carb?

:confused:

Your best bet is to ask next time you go for weigh in ! As I have still got a long way to go I havent even thought what will be the best to eat ! Will you have lost your weight by then or will you be taking a break.????????

Thanks Sonya. I'll hang on a week or two then have a word, once she can see I'm really going to do this. I've surprised myself and my OH by sticking to it, and horrified those I work with (nurses :rolleyes: ) who think I should know better as I'm in training too, and I dread to think what my Mum will say when she finds out I;m doing this!

I don't think I'll be as slim as I want to be by then, but should be only a stone or so to go. I'm going to put a target thing up later so I can see how I'm doing, and I'm going to put one in my work diary too, which I have with me constantly, so I can see what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.

Thanks for your reply too. I'm going to have a read through and find your story.

No worries, Im no expert but have been on lipotrim since mid november.....so know a fair bit......! But you definately want to ask where you get your packs from for there advice.

I think if you need to lose weight and you are doing a vlcd that you get checked up on your progress there is nothing anyone can say as you are taking responsibility for your health....!

Hi Nixx

Hope this re-feeding info helps:

LIPOTRIM REFEEDING STEPS

Follow exactly - do not add extras and, more importantly, do not miss out any steps. You may have milk in your tea and coffee, if required, and you can now have diet drinks again. Avoid fruit juices (simple sugars) until the end of the week. No alcohol. Try to drink plenty of water. Most people do not drink adequate water and now you are in a habit, stick with it. You should drink at least 2 litres per day.

Day 1

Have 2 Lipotrim servings and one meal, as follows (men continue to have 2 servings as before, while women take 1 less serving of Lipotrim).

At lunchtime or evening mealtime you may have some skinless boneless chicken breast or white fish fillet, or some skinless turkey (about 4/6ozs). The fish or chicken may be steamed, microwaved, baked or cooked with a little water in a non-stick pan. Season with salt and pepper. Or you may have tuna fish in water or brine (drained). Vegetarians may use tofu or quorn.

You may also have either a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following: lettuce, onions, peppers, beansprouts, celery dressed with a little lemon or lime juice or wine vinegar (try balsamic vinegar), or if you prefer, a moderate serving (2 heaped table spoons - no more) of some cooked green vegetables. You may not have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until day 4, and fruit should wait until day 4 at the earliest (later if you have carbohydrate problems).

Day 2

You will have only 1 Lipotrim serving and 2 meals as described for Day 1.

Day 3

Same as day 2, but you may also have - at one meal only - an 8 ounce potato, plain boiled, mashed or baked, but with no addition of any fat. You may like to top with some skimmed milk, plain yoghurt or very low fat fromage frais and a sprinkle of herbs.

Days 4-7

Each day have a Lipotrim serving for your breakfast plus..............

• Up to 3 servings of fruit (if you suffer from an insulin resistance problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day).
  • Up to 2 slices of bread or 1 pita or 1 roll or 1 bagel (without fatty spread).
  • Any vegetables you want except avocado, 1 or 2 servings with your meals (2 tablespoons per serving).
  • Any of the skimmed milk products.
  • Fish fillet (any size) or 6 ounces of chicken or turkey, as described before, or one tin of tuna in water or brine, drained. Vegetarians may use tofu, textured vegetable protein (TVP) or quorn.
  • Lean meat with all visible fat trimmed off.
  • Low fat recipes prepared with low fat sources - e.g. lean mince with tomato Bolognese sauce.
  • Medium baking potato or 6 small potatoes or one serving of instant mashed potatoes (the kind with no added fat - read the label). Instead of potato, you may have 4ozs of rice or pasta (cooked weight).

This schedule may be continued for several weeks - especially if you have lost a lot of weight - 5/6 stones or more - as you will need time to adjust to a different eating behaviour and quantities. Check your weight every week at Prestwich Pharmacy; if it is going up, then action must be taken to address the types and quantities of foods eaten. The maintenance food products are advised during this time to add extra control whilst adjusting to your new eating behaviour.

The main point to understand in following the plan is not to have added fat in your food or in it's preparation.

There is more than adequate fat for daily requirements naturally occurring in a diet chosen from a wide range of foods. There is no benefit to adding fat in preparation - only to add weight back on.

Thanks very much Cheryl, that gives me something to look at and get my mind focussed on. Good job I like chicken!

Hope it helps.

Sorry about the bit about checking your weight at Prestwich Pharmacy,:eek: :doh: I haven't a clue where that is, but must be wherever I got the re-feed info from.

But, if you want to check your weight at Prestwich Pharmacy, please feel free to do so :giggle: ! Otherwise, any scales will do.:scale:

:D As it happens, Prestwich Pharmacy is just by my workplace!

Well I'm on my way - weighed in and lost 8lbs today. Bring it on!

Hi sonya... I'm fine, and coping amazingly well, I think. I'm not hungry, am managing to cook for DP and DS and managing to sit with my colleagues at lunchtime while they stuff allsorts down! Not a thing has passed my lipis other than strawberry, chocolate and water - lots of water. I can see and feel my 8lb loss and that's spurred me on. I've a way to go, but keep reminding myself that I'll look ok BEFORE I get down to my target, so it's not TOO long before I look a lot better.

I've been reading your thread and you're coping really well in difficult times - well done, you're a strong person.

PS - What's ssing? :eek:

Back