No longer the FAT friend..Blowing off the cobwebs! Contains Food Talk.

Day 16

Day 16.

The first week of exante seemed endless, waiting for that all important first weigh day but weirdly since then my "official" weigh day comes around really fast!

I have been reading some other threads and been doing some thinking! Scary I know! But I am going to stop having a glass of coke zero for a while to see if that helps cure my hunger. When I have hungry days, I am REALLY hungry. Its not a pang or a touch of nostalgia instead it is FULL ON hunger almost painful! Its strange! I am also having MORE hungry days then I am not, so I am wondering if the coke zero fools my body into thinking more sugar is on its way (even though it uses fake sugar!) so my body starts hankering after more and more, hence the hunger!

I could cope if it was just pangs of hunger but its not. So I am going to give this a try.

Other then that I am still 100% focused on Exante! I do miss eating and this is one of the hardest things I have done but in 2 weeks I already feel so much better about myself. I read something that Starlight wrote "This will be my last diet" and I agree, this to will be my last ever diet. Because I am going to make sure I get to my target! I have discovered that I do not have to eat all day to pass the time! 3 simple meals a day and maybe a snack or supper will be what I will be heading for when I am at goal. Of course I will still have the "naughties" and I will enjoy them to but I don't need to finish the whole family bag of crisps, I don't need 3 pork pies because they look "smallish..." I don't have to take upstairs a mountain of chocolate to munch on when I am reading my book as a treat!

This diet really is the best thing I have ever done, with each lb that drops the light bulb in my head gets brighter regarding who I use to be.

I love light bulb moments! ;)

I too am going to do "Pure Exante" and see if it helps my hunger, as mine is like yours, and very very real and lasts all day until I eat! A protien meal, but still I have to eat! Not good! Ok, so Coke zero might make you feel better for a while, but if it leads you to feelings of hunger, is it really worth it? Already had sweeteners in my tea today, but will not be adding sweeteners to my shakes later today.

Maybe every day I have been setting myself up for hunger just with my innocent cups of tea.

Lets see how we go

SummerRain & Divster, I have not had any "Zero" drinks for the past three days and my weight loss is definitely better. In fact I've had no drinks other than water. I haven't felt quite as hungry the past few days. The other thing I do is really pad out the soups with loads of extra boiling water, 1 teaspoon of Marigold vegetarian bouillon (instead of having it as a hot drink) and a really good dash of Encona Hot Pepper Sauce (58p a 142ml bottle at Tesco). It contains no citric acid, unlike the many of the other hot sauces and chili pepper is good for your heart and is said to aid weight loss. Instead of one cup of soup it makes it more like three cups and really fulls me up. It's the evenings when I feel most hungry and it really helps.

I never touched any drinks other than water or the very occasional green tea when I was on Exante. I know from Atkins that aspartame stalls me so definitely not worth it IMO.

Still going strong...

Still 100% TS but its hard :wave_cry:

I think I am one of the unlucky ones in that ketosis does NOT get rid of hunger. I read so much about head hunger or habit hunger, let me tell you, what I feel almost every day is full on stomach hunger lol! My stomach is constantly rumbling, its pure hunger :(

I am in week 3, who knows..maybe it will get better, I live in hope.

I have been trying to have my packs as late in the day as possible BUT the only time I don't feel hungry is the evening...so from today I am trying a different method!

Its 10.am here and I have just had my first shake of the day. At 2.pm I will have my 2nd pack, either a soup or bar. Then at 6pm I will have my final pack. So 4 hours between each pack to see if that helps.

I am drinking 3L of plain water a day plus what goes into my soups and shakes. I am not drinking coke zero at the moment as I wanted to see if that was causing my hunger....:eek:

The scales are not "whooshing down" (daily weigher lol) and thats hard to take especially as I am so hungry all the time BUT I am now comfortably in a size 16 pair of jeans! I was 3 weeks ago a tight 18 and into the 20's. I have also found that I can wrap a towel around me after a shower and "tuck" it in! That is new to me! LOL and our towels are pretty big! I carry all my weight around my front mainly so little things like the towel going around is a HUGE bonus ;)

Thank YOU all for your tips and comments on my diary, it really, really helps, I read every single one and take them all onboard, thank you x

Aww wow I love the light bulb moment too!

Such a great upbeat post, I would try not having the coke though as it could be triggering the pains.

Keep smiling xx

Aww wow I love the light bulb moment too!

Such a great upbeat post, I would try not having the coke though as it could be triggering the pains.

Keep smiling xx

Thank you xx

I have deff dropped the coke to see if it helps, fingers crossed xx

SummerRain, I found it very hard the first three weeks and still get days of gnawing hunger. Some days I had to have another soup at night because I felt so terrible. However my stomach has shrunk now and, I really pad out the soups and shakes with a lot more water and it seems to help a lot. The weight doesn't whoosh of me either. I look at some weight losses of 8lb+ a week and wish I could be the same, but I'm not whatever I try. I weigh myself every day on my wii fit balance board, and some days such as this morning, I am up a tiny bit. It is disheartening, but overall I am losing weight each week. I just want to lose it every day!

I know exactly what you mean about the towel. I am also finding tights staying up without rolling down when I bend over which was pretty embarrassing, as I would have to waddle like a duck to the nearest loo or changing room and hike them up again! I am only a shorty but I was having to buy extra large tights to get them to stay up over my stomach. Talk about Nora Batty ankles!

I am now over 2 stone lighter than I was in December, and it really does make a difference in my clothes. I'm just so impatient for the next stone, and the next one, and so forth.

I think most dieters fit into this category. We want results every day, but we need to look at it over a month and see just how far we have come.

Ive never been an evening eater either Summer and spacing the packs out during the day always worked best for me coz it meant I wasnt constantly thinking where my next 'meal' was coming from.

I forget which day I am on ;)

I am not sure of the exact day I am but Week 3 weigh in is tomorrow and because my brain is mush right now, I will work it out another day :D

I am still 100%TS I am amazed at myself! I do sometimes get teary, how stupid is that?! I get teary because I can't have a nice evening meal...a choc bar from the fridge.... But then I think, well yes I CAN have it but I have to have the weight gain that comes with it...that usually sorts me out lol!

The weigh days are flying around now! Yesterday was an easier day hungry wise. I took the lovely Julie's advice and added a little bouillon to my afternoon soup to pad it out and it really did do the trick. Thanks so much for that tip!

When I calorie count, my losses are between 1 to 2lb a week so I have decided within myself that as long as I lose anything above 2lb a week I will be happy. If I get a week where I lose less then 2lb I won't throw in the towel then and there, I will give it a couple of weeks to "right itself" but if it doesn't then I will go to a different plan. The reasons being, this diet is very unforgiving in social situations, its bland and I get hungry a lot! I do NEED to see more then 2lb a week to drop to "put up" with exante!

I am starting to wonder about the bars....I love them but I am wondering if I was to do 3 liquid packs a day if that would make my losses even better....I'm not sure.

I have not touched a drop of Coke zero for a while now! Quite pleased about that because other then the fake sugar thing not being that great for me but I use to drink sooooooo much fizzy throughout the day in my fat life...and I hope I have made a long lasting change there.

One thing I am a little concerned about is that my hair is getting thin. I am not noticing it coming out as such but when I grab it or run my hands through it, it feels "less"..flat and thin. A little concerned about that as my mum suffers from alopecia and I am scared that I may trigger something like that off. I may have a little look around to see about supplements for that. I don't want to get slim but be bald!

Other then that and the rest of my whinges, I am LOVING exante! I feel so in control and I really do feel committed to seeing this through, I have a focus that I have never felt before on any diet plan. I love it.

My hair was falling out at quite an alarming rate to be honest but you will be pleased to hear that after 2 weeks of eating real food its back to normal again. Havent had to unblock the plughole for a week now, lol.

Good luck for wi.

Good morning I love read your posts even if they are really long at times lol.

One thing you said was about the bars, and wondering if u should just have 3 liquid packs instead.

I thought that on cd I'd have no bars/ soups/ porridges. Just shakes I never did have better weighlosses myself.

But how about having a bar every other day maybe ? I have ordered a box of exante just because of the bars. They will come this morning yay.
Keep posting as I like reading haha x

Week 3 Weigh In.

Thanks Jo and Shanny xx
I am pleased to hear your hair went back to normal Jo! I keep asking hubby if my hair looks thin and he says it looks no different but I when I feel my hair there is less there :( I know my hair and its not feeling normal lol!

Shanny, I am going to try that this week, maybe a bar every other day and see how it goes, thanks for sharing your experience, it really, really does help! Oh and I hope you enjoy your exante order! Whoop! :D

Week 3 Weigh In.

I am now 13st 4lbs. I have lost 3.5lbs this week. I am pretty happy with that though yesterday I did see 13st 3lbs! But I said today would be my official recording day, so 13st 4lbs it is lol!

By my maths...I have lost a stone in just 3 weeks! Happy days!

A stone in 3 weeks is amazing, I've just read through your diary and it's inspiring :happy096:

Shanny, I am going to try that this week, maybe a bar every other day and see how it goes, thanks for sharing your experience, it really, really does help!
Your welcome:)

Oh and I hope you enjoy your exante order! Whoop! :D
yep arrived 10 mins ago, well happy to see them chunky bars again lol:p

Week 3 Weigh In.

I am now 13st 4lbs. I have lost 3.5lbs this week. I am pretty happy with that though yesterday I did see 13st 3lbs! But I said today would be my official recording day, so 13st 4lbs it is lol!

By my maths...I have lost a stone in just 3 weeks! Happy days!

very Happy days.. keep rocking xx

My Hair is falling out :(

I did post this on the main board:

---------------------------

Wow!

Hubby just came in from work and as I walked past him he told me to hold on a sec as something caught his eye in my hair. He put his hand up to remove whatever it was, but he couldn't....its a bald patch :(:( :cry: It is about the size of two thumb widths..And it SHOWS!:cry:

I am so in bits :(:(

Yet stupidly I am still reluctant to give up on exante as it IS working but hubby is very wary for me now. So we have come to a compromise, I am going to have my 3 packs a day still, yet in the evening around 5pm I am going to have a small calorie controlled meal, by small I mean, I will use a side plate and it WILL be small portions BUT it will be all of the food groups (I won't shy from small amounts of carbs) but balanced as I have to do something before all my hair falls out :(

I was sooo focused on 100%TS and in my 4th week now but this side effect, the hair loss, is not something I can ignore.

I feel like I have "Given up"

I feel like pants :(

The positives are that I have been wanting to exercise but not dared to due to the low cals so I can now do that. I will try and keep my meal to around 300 cals, a kinda "token" balanced meal.

Arrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Back