No longer the FAT friend..Blowing off the cobwebs! Contains Food Talk.

Hmmm just had a think and I am going to try, one week with the add a meal and one week 100%TS and do it like that and see what happens...

You will still lose weight doing that, its only 1200 cals on aam, you have to lose!

I am sorry this has happened, could there be another reason though.

My hair is coming out loads, no bald patches though, but then my youngest is nearly 10 months so this is my hair shedding time.

I am not sure Divster, I now think I am going to have a small meal added every other day once a week...then a week 100%TS...lol can you tell I want to stay TS?! lol!

Hmm, I wonder if it could be something else...that would give me hope I can stay 100%... may take a trip to the GP / Hairdresser and ask a few questions before I make up my mind what to do.

lol I can, I would monitor it. Surely its just a temporary side effect (if its from Exante) Maybe go and look or even ask on the CD forum on here xx

From reading around it does seem as if its a temp thing, I have calmed down now...I am going to look into supplements and stick with TS I think..UNLESS it gets much worse! What a pain!

Thank you so much for "talking me down" I was freaked out there hugely!

From reading around it does seem as if its a temp thing, I have calmed down now...I am going to look into supplements and stick with TS I think..UNLESS it gets much worse! What a pain!

Thank you so much for "talking me down" I was freaked out there hugely!
Morning hun ive had this last year on CD.. i went nd brought sea kelp google it and find out.. from holland and barrats..!

Take them and you should see a difference within time.!

Have a good weekend x

lol I can, I would monitor it. Surely its just a temporary side effect (if its from Exante) Maybe go and look or even ask on the CD forum on here xx
it is from the diet i had it last year.. when i went to the hairdressers she noticed at the back of my hair while shampooing.. it did freak me out but brought tablets and no problems since(TOUCHWOOD).!

please just monitor it x

Is it possible its a side effect from your medication Summer? I lost loads of hair but it definitely wasnt noticeable, just thinned it out a bit.

Hmmm Weird...

How strange, I am trying to thank everyone for their very helpful comments on this thread and it will only let me thank one person :(

Day Before Official Weigh In.

I have NO news :eek: I have been 100% all week, a shake in the morning, a bar at lunch or a shake and a soup in the evening. I usually have my packs around 10.am, 2.pm and 6.30 ish in the evening.

I am a daily weigher as a loss spurs me on and a gain makes me work harder, daily weighing works for me.

BUT.

I am frustrated. The scales have not shown anything different from last weigh in day. Every single day it has said the same. 13st 4lbs. It feels like a wasted week. I have a timeline in the back of my head for doing this extreme, hardcore diet and this week, if weigh in reads the same tomorrow will just mean I have to add another week on to my timeline :( That does not sit well with me. This diet is so extreme and the side effects mean I want to be off it as soon as I can. Hair loss, random bruising, hungry ALL the time despite being in ketosis etc.... Bah!

Another thing which is strange, I have pretty good teeth, I have always looked after them yet I am getting a random toothache?! Its so strange when I do not even eat food! Its not after a bar or anything like that. The other night the pain actually woke me up! I spoke to my Dentist on the phone yesterday afternoon and explained about the pain and that I am confused as its so random and on random teeth! None of them "feel" or look damaged from what I can see. I don't have any fillings so its not a problem with a rogue filling or anything...The dentist thinks it may be my diet or lack of diet right now. I am going to see him on Monday for a check up and will see what he says. At the moment pain killers when it strikes does get rid of it but none the less, I am pretty worried...

How much are we expected to put up with just because we got fat?!

:mad:

Week 4 Weigh In.

Week 4 Weigh In.

I have lost..........1lb! :mad::cry:

I am now 13st 3lbs! I think I only lost 1lb because I finally resorted to taking some sennokot and had a little "poop" after not going for a week! :eek:

I know I have achieved a stone in a month and yes I am very happy with that, don't get me wrong, but its still pretty gutting when I have been 100% TS, Exante products and water the only thing crossing my lips to see just 1lb gone! I do think if I had not taken a little help to go to the loo that I would still be 13st 4lbs....(wayyy tmi!) lol

This week I am going to have something small to eat each day for Add A Meal week. I plan to have boiled eggs, cooked chicken, broccoli and tuna throughout the week. Maybe that will chop things up a bit and keep my body guessing.

I am not sure I am going to order another supply from exante, not because of this small loss this week but because the side effects for me have become pretty extreme. I am losing my hair, I have bald patches, my teeth are being affected and I am struggling to go to the loo and living off laxatives is NOT the answer. On top of all that, I am constantly hungry and grumpy.

I also worry about just being a smaller version of a fat me. This diet knocks the weight off fast, that can't be denied....BUT when the scales say what I want them to say all I will be is a smaller version of me as I find exercising on such few calories makes me feel 100x worse then I do already...I will be a skinny fat person. I have noticed that at this weight I am now, I am bigger then I was when being this weight, counting calories YET exercising....The exercise helps tone and change body shapes let alone being heart healthy... These thoughts have been nagging at me in the back of mind for the last couple of weeks if I am honest :(

Hmmm lots to think about. I have about 3/4 weeks left of exante products and reserve the right to change my mind and re-order if I want to...haha...but I think my sensible side is really questioning such a diet and will win....

So on to week 5 I go....officially just "Overweight" and not obese any more! Yay!

I hope everyone else is having a great week xx

Last edited:
I really admire you for doing it this long, you've certainly come a long way and changing the plan with exercise will help you tone up. It's exactly what I'd do, if I ever get to overweight lol. Well done Summer. :)

Oh to be overweight. Although we are the same weight. :) At least the scales are going down Summer but definitely might be worth reevaluating things when youre finished your packs.

The exercise thing is why Im not coming back to Exante for another 3 weeks as well and then only for 3 weeks. My stomach isnt going anywhere so I am absolutely determined to finish this 30 days of shred before I even consider it and it really is far too tough on TS.

I really admire you for doing it this long, you've certainly come a long way and changing the plan with exercise will help you tone up. It's exactly what I'd do, if I ever get to overweight lol. Well done Summer. :)

Thank you for your lovely words Crystal, I am going to crack on with the packs I have then have a look at my options x

Oh to be overweight. Although we are the same weight. :) At least the scales are going down Summer but definitely might be worth reevaluating things when youre finished your packs.

Bmi is a funny thing huh Jo? You are WAY healthier then I am...I do no exercise right now, I exist on the bare minimum of cals yet on paper I have a "healthier bmi" hmmmmm makes no sense at all!

The exercise thing is why Im not coming back to Exante for another 3 weeks as well and then only for 3 weeks. My stomach isnt going anywhere so I am absolutely determined to finish this 30 days of shred before I even consider it and it really is far too tough on TS.

I need to check properly but I think I have about 4 weeks of packs left...and
I have ordered the 30 day shred and plan to start it on the 3rd April, whilst doing it, I plan to eat a balanced meal along with exante OR just go right into calorie counting with an emphasis on low carb. There is NO way I could do an intense workout on just 3 packs a day, I think that is just downright dangerous personally. The calorie deficit is low as it is without adding exercise on top fighting for the those minimum cals we are having on 3 packs just to stay alive!

I am going to see how the next couple of weeks go with the supply I have right now, I just know I am desperate to exercise as its nagging at my thoughts about just being a smaller looking fat person, if that makes sense.

Thanks for all your support, means a LOT!

I managed 6 days of shred while on Exante and every day of it was complete and utter hell. It really is so much easier when youre eating although Im still not losing any weight, lol.

And the support is why Im here. :)

I am on my phone just now so I can't thank or quote :(

But I agree Jo, also the cals we are having on Exante are worked out to keep us healthy whilst being on the bare minimum, when you start adding exercise to that our bodies have to look for more energy and we are at risk of our bodies starting to break down muscle for fast bursts of energy....our heart is a muscle....! Besides that, we need as much muscle as poss because the more dense muscle we have the better our metabolism etc..

Well yesterday I ate chicken breast with roasted broccoli and mushrooms with a glug of balsamic vinegar and oh my...was lush! So simple yet so yummy! It felt sooooo strange feeling full! Not felt that feeling for four weeks! I also had my 3 packs and went to bed really contented lol!

Jumped on the scales this morning and I have dropped a lb! I was expecting to see a slight gain because of how stuffed I felt...I think my body is saying thank you for the food so is being nice for me on the scales! Haha! Seriously though it really has given me confidence regarding food, I was getting to the point that food was the devil and not for the likes of me :D

Have a great day all xxx

You do feel so incredibly guilty when you do eat on Exante even when you know its something thats good for you. Sometimes it is just what your body needs though as you have seen by the scales today.

Thats the only thing that concerns me abot this diet,the fear of food.Ive been eating a meal every evening and having jst 2 exante mealsat work.It worksreally wellfor me and ive really appreciated the food.Im not cheating,im making healthy choices and hopefully this willstopme binging when ive reached my goal

Glad the meal worked for you summer, you're sounding a lot more positive. Overweight! That's brilliant, a great achievement :) I hope you see some more lbs start to drop off in the coming days /weeks.
Good luck xx

Blast...Cr!P...Grrrr....GAH.....BAH!! :(

Cue Victor Meldrew voice...

"I don't believe it....."

For about 20 years...well all of my adult life really, I have always thought I was 5ft 6! I don't even know why?! Someone must of told me that at some point!

I am actually and officially confirmed by Dr's measuring thingy....: 5ft 5!! And only just 5ft 5!

SO back to obese for me :cry::cry:

What an idiot I am! lol! Or maybe I am just shrinking with age haha!

Yesterday was another good day, I had my concoction again of, chicken, broccoli & mushrooms with balsamic vinegar and again went to bed with a full tum! Love it!

On the scales this morning...baddddd I know....but I have dropped another 1lb! This eating lark suits me! :p I know it can't last forever like this, but it really is nice feeling full.

I am still soooo concerned about my hair, I really do not know what to do there, I am taking supplements not drying or straightening to often etc...but I have now very fine, straggly hair with a couple of bald patches. I use to have very thick hair but my hair now looks like what my aunts did just before she died of alcohol related illnesses :(

I have a very, very, posh "do" coming up in about 4 weeks, ball gowns and everything...I don't have the confidence to go with my hair how it is...I wonder if its time to include a meal with all food groups, yet healthy and balanced and having 2 packs of exante a day, kinda like a re-feed...route to maintenance but for as long as possible to lose weight? Of course accepting I won't be losing weight the ketosis way...but I know I don't have to be in ketosis to lose weight on a VLCD...(have read up like mad on it..lol)

I am not exaggerating, I am losing my hair. its a dilemma for sure.:confused:

Last edited:
Back