No longer the FAT friend..Blowing off the cobwebs! Contains Food Talk.

I can't give you any extra advice on the hairloss other than what has already been said (although I didn't know about sea kelp and am curious to know if it would work alongside VLCD)

Just wanted to pop on and say how well you're doing. Yay you. Also, maybe WS is the way to go for you

xxx

Thats pants that you have just lost an inch. Still gives me more of a chance to catch up with you. ;)

WS sounds like a plan. I know my hair has greatly improved with food so might well be worth a try.

And no you definitely dont have to be in ketosis to lose weight on a vlcd - Im the proof of that.

I dnt know if its different but Im on meal replacement (measure up) and inbetween morning shake and lunch u can have a 100cal snack, inbetween lunch and dinner 100cal snack and after dinner 100 cal snack. It breaks up the day nicely so its only ever a coupe of hours inbetween haveing something.

Goodluck to u on ur journey :)

I think I read somewhere that doing the working solution u can lose 10 pounds a month so it's not a big difference really if u can stick to it! At least then it might help with the hair situation but only u can decide what's best for you Hun.
I lost loads of hair when I done lipotrim thankfully I had no bald patches, but when I started eating (ok I did eat like a pig) my hair stopped falling out and the hair dresser said it's now really healthy :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's gutting to find you're an inch shorter and that it bumps you out of overweight! (I'm scared to measure my height now - I'm the same, always known my height is 5ft10... maybe it's actually 5ft 9... I don't want to find that my bmi is any higher!)

With the adding food, it sounds like it's worth experimenting a bit and seeing what works for you. I think according to the booklet simple solution is a normal meal with a variety of food groups. At the end of the day it's a calorie equation, so if you eat too many you'll gain weight, and if you don't eat enough, you'll lose. Sticking to packs keeps you at the lowest possible, but adding meals and being sensible, you should still see some good losses.

I understand with the hair, that must be really infuriating. I do hope the extra calories help, and that the bald bits stop being bald very soon.
Take care xx

Week 5 Weigh In...

Thank you for all your supportive posts! For some reason it will not let me thank posts :( I do read them all and take them on board, seeing supportive posts in my lil diary really does mean so much x

Week 5 Weigh In

So this week I have had a small, basic meal every day and I have enjoyed every second of it!

I have lost 4lbs!

Very happy with this because I am now in the 12's!:D:D I feel very clever lol ;)

I am in two minds whether to keep up the small meal or I am also considering doing 2 packs and a balanced meal each day which yes will include carbs...Gasp! :eek: I am thinking a lot about this, mainly because as I said before, I want to exercise as despite the scales being fab, I am still bigger at this weight when I have lost weight in the past with exercise. I also am not feeling to healthy haha....bald patches, teeth suffering and can't go for a poo without help (laxative) No one can tell me that is a healthy way to be....

BUT...

I like the losses! Hmmm need to make a choice soon...arrrrghhhh! :confused::confused:

Gorgeous day today...I may venture out for a little walk whilst I think what to do...lol! Will most likely still be undecided..haha!

Wow that's excellent! 4lbs is bloomin' amazing hon! Chuffed for ya! What was your starting weight? I can't see on the phone.
I can only dream of being in the 12's! It's windy here, enjoy your walk :)

Blooming well done on your loss! :D Think you still need to have 3 packs a day plus your small meal though, all advice says 3 packs as then you know you are covered nutritionally.

ps what small meals have you been eating, may want to copy you! ;)

Wow that's excellent! 4lbs is bloomin' amazing hon! Chuffed for ya! What was your starting weight? I can't see on the phone.
I can only dream of being in the 12's! It's windy here, enjoy your walk :)

Thank you xxx I started exante at 14st 4lbs but at my highest I was 15stone.

Blooming well done on your loss! :D Think you still need to have 3 packs a day plus your small meal though, all advice says 3 packs as then you know you are covered nutritionally.

ps what small meals have you been eating, may want to copy you! ;)

Aww thank you xx I won't do 3 packs and a meal, if I do change, it will be 2 packs and a meal of all the food groups as I won't be losing weight the ketosis way so will be soley on the lower cal way BUT I will be doing this with the help of my GP and the practice dietitian so all my nutrients are covered, a lot healthier to what I was eating a couple of months ago :eek::eek: lol This is not ideal for everyone but for me, it may be the right thing.

My average day this week was:

Shake in the morning about 10ish..

About 1ish I would have some chicken (never weighed it, just had an average breast) or turkey with some broccoli and mushrooms and I topped it off with a chopped up boiled egg on top! Oh and had a glug of balsamic vinegar over it to!

Sounds odd I know and also the "recommendations" are chicken or egg but I enjoyed having the "extra", made a lovely bowlful and kept me full ALL day! lol

About 5pm, I would have to remind myself (as finally did not feel hunger!) to have a bar or soup.

Then I would have another shake about 7.30pm.

Went to bed every night very contented with no guilt! Been a while since I could say that!

Hope this helps, I am tempted to do another week like this...lol I loved the extra energy and contentment! xxx

Hiya Hun, I just want to put your mind at rest a bit about the hair loss. It is only a temporary thing, it happens because on VLCDs your new hair growth slows right down, meaning that hair that would be shed randomly here and there and gone un-noticed hangs about on your head and falls out in greater numbers at one time.

Generally it works in 3 month cycles for me, I'll lose tons for about 3 months then nothing, during this time new hair grows. My CDC advised me to take a supplement called Pilfood, its available from Boots and is quite pricey about £30 I think. I have lots of hair so it wasnt too noticeable on me, hairdresser just mentioned there wasn't as much. She also put my mind at rest that I wasn't going to end up totally bald. I hope this helps and sorry for butting in on your diary x

Hiya Hun, I just want to put your mind at rest a bit about the hair loss. It is only a temporary thing, it happens because on VLCDs your new hair growth slows right down, meaning that hair that would be shed randomly here and there and gone un-noticed hangs about on your head and falls out in greater numbers at one time.

Generally it works in 3 month cycles for me, I'll lose tons for about 3 months then nothing, during this time new hair grows. My CDC advised me to take a supplement called Pilfood, its available from Boots and is quite pricey about £30 I think. I have lots of hair so it wasnt too noticeable on me, hairdresser just mentioned there wasn't as much. She also put my mind at rest that I wasn't going to end up totally bald. I hope this helps and sorry for butting in on your diary x

How lovely to see you! :D Never apologise!

That really does help a lot! I have been reading loads about it all, mainly in the CD forums and I have taken heart from what I have read its whats keeping me going, so thank you! I don't want to be slim and bald! What a pain in the rear that would be lol xxx

Only you can decide whats best for you Summer. Well done on the loss. Im so jealous - I want to be in the 12s as well!

You will be in the 12's and less in no time now Jo! Just you wait and see! Glad to see you back Jo! :D I love seeing you around posting!! xx

Weigh day tomorrow! Not feeling very confident about it. The last two days have been a nightmare, have been in and out of hosps and Gp's (not for me but my daughter) everything will be ok thankfully but whilst all this had been going on I KNOW I have not drunk enough! What was really scary is that when we came home yesterday I went for a wee and my urine was the colour of a orange! It really was the strangest colour I had seen! I straight away got on to the water and when I went to bed, it was a much nicer and paler colour!

I have also started my totm today! Agggrrrg! I hate how it interferes with weight loss for us girls! So what with lack of water, bloated due to my period, I am not hopeful for the scales in the morning! Oh well, as long as things average out ok over a month or so thats the main thing.

Thank you. :D I always know right away if Ive not drunk enough in exactly the same way. By the time I go to bed I could usually literally be weeing water from the colour of it lol.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow and Im glad to hear your daughter is ok.

Week 6 Weigh In.

As predicted I have not had a mahoosive lost! But I am still very happy :D

Despite lack of water the last few days, despite my period starting yesterday, I have lost.....

2lbs!

This is good, for 2 reasons!

1) My BMI has moved to just "Overweight" and this time I KNOW I am the correct height haha! I will NEVER be obese again!

2) This takes me in to 170's! YAY!

I have ordered one more months worth of exante which means I will have about 6 weeks supply. I think that will be all I will do on exante then for the last bit of weight I will move to calorie counting with an emphasis on low carbing and EXERCISE!

So 6 weeks left of 100%TS ! Who is with me? Oh actually I have a "posh" function coming up at beginning of April but I will make sensible choices then get back to TS the next day.

Of course I reserve the right to change my mind and stay on exante for longer ;) But I think I like the idea of exercising my way down on the final straight.

Happy St Patrick's day everyone!

OMG I'm thrilled for you, well done :)
What a great start to the day :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow Summer that's excellent! So pleased for you :) Im with you from today on the 6 weeks plan!

Back