No longer the FAT friend..Blowing off the cobwebs! Contains Food Talk.

morning mrs , ive just had a read thru your posts and i cant believe how rough you have had it !! seriously, you have sum strength gal, over the past 4 wks youve had evry emotion and side effect and still you stick at it ! your amazing pls dont give up your doing sooo well.
the scales mite suprise you tmz on you official wi day , if they dont lob em thru the window !!!! mite make ya feel betta lol ,
keep smiling mrs xxx

It is disheartening when you're working hard, you still are getting great results overall. If the scales are dominating how you feel about the weight loss can you get someone to hide them and only weigh once a week? How about giving it another week TS or WS and if it doesn't work go onto something else? I hear you on that hunger feeling, ketosis doesn't do it for me either, which sucks ass a bit.

Awww thank you both so much, I was worried about posting how I really felt because I don't want to bring anyone else down :(

I think I am going to be strict and not daily weigh next week, a little step in the right direction. I have read that Vlcd and some people just don't get on. Due to the way certain metabolisms work etc.. I'm worried I am one of them. I'm also scared at what I may have done to myself :( :(

I would be the first to say don't let the scales dominate you, so I know I'm being all moany.. But I would be happy with anything more then 2lb! Even 2 & 1/4! lol! I can lose 2lb other ways without starving...

I won't give up, more so because I won't waste the money I have spent on the packs.. Sheer determination and stubbornness will get me to my last 6 week goal of TS. But.... &:£&??@@%%!!! (edited for delicate ears haha!)

lol!

Hey mrs moany ;) just kidding

Aw I know how u must be feeling I'd feel exactly the same, here come the but..... But try get throo it! Wait and see what ur loss is before thinking f@*k it.
And keep off them bloody scales ;) xx

Hey mrs moany ;) just kidding

Aw I know how u must be feeling I'd feel exactly the same, here come the but..... But try get throo it! Wait and see what ur loss is before thinking f@*k it.
And keep off them bloody scales ;) xx

I'm with Clair-G on this. I know how you feel but you can see it through. You've done so well please for your sake if you can wait & see before throwing in the towel.

hang in there hun.. it is desheartening but look how far you have come... in those 6 weeks it will all add up and it'll be worth it :)

hugs x x

Hey, don't worry about ranting, we're here to support you. I don't know what to say, sometimes it's time for a change and sometimes it's better to stick with it which doesn't mean you've failed. Only you know when it's enough. Really haven't got any good advice but just wanted to send hugs as I can totally get how you feel.

Im exactly the same Summer. Im hoping that coz its only for the 6 weeks my metabolism wont have time to realise Im starving it and I will lose.

Id try doing WS for a couple of days if WI isnt what it should be. It will give your metabolism a boost and wont affect your losses much either.

Im with Joanne on this one. Try WS even just for a couple of days and give your metabolism a boost. I would be vey dishartened with a 1lb loss too. Like you say, this diet is far too drastic to be having little weight losses like that too often!!...x

Week 7 Rant lol!

Thank you all, you lovely people for your very supportive posts, I was very :( yesterday but am pleased to report I did not throw in the towel and had a 100% ts day.

I won't throw in the towel until I have used up my packs anyway, that is not me being "good" lol that is down to pure stubbornness! ;)

Week 7 Weigh In

*Rant coming up*

As predicted it is cr!p!

- 1.5lbs

I know, I know any off is better then on...and I am very pleased it is coming off. I just can't help feeling a bit miffed, I have been 100%...I cant help feeling if I had had a "blip" at some point maybe I would of boosted things lol!

I was looking over an old journal (a paper one offline lol) that I had wrote in when I calorie counted my way down, I wish I had never stopped but my gall bladder burst and things went a bit crazy for a while and hospital food for weeks on end is no fun lol! Anyway, I was losing 2lb a week, some weeks, I even managed 2.5lb. That's pretty gutting.

I also have a pair of primark size 16 jeans and in my world primark do the smallest sizing ever! Even my hubby feels fat in there and he is soooooo not fat! He is all fitness and slim! Grrrr! Anyway, I tried on these size 16 jeans the other evening....and I can only just yank them over my bum, no chance of doing them up as the top button does not even meet to do up...haha! In my journal from a couple of years back...I was wearing them out and about at 12st 12...(I am in size 16 now in everything else..its just the elusive primark jeans lol!) I think its because I was exercising to. Doing lots of resistance training to "lean out" That to is gutting as no one else knows what the scales say but they see us in clothes everyday...if the inches are less and clothes fit and you feel good...that is much more important then what the scales say.

Oh well, I started this and I will finish it. I do know I will never go on the vlcd rollercoaster ever again. The side effects, the worse being the dizziness (its so bad some days) and the hair loss (bald patches) are just not worth putting up with for such pants losses. This is the unhealthiest I have been...but stupid me is addicted to seeing "maybe next week will be better".

This is not to say its not right for some people and it obviously is as some of the losses I have read from others are brilliant and do motivate me and I truly think good luck to them and it shows exante does work for some/most...but for me, this diet has been something I just want to finish and banish to my past and never to reappear again...it will be like a wayward aunt...hahaha, hubby and I will only mention it in hushed voices and with a tinge of regret to our voices! :D

Weirdly I am not upset believe it or not..lol I am just "accepting" and "resigned" I now just want to plod on so this is all over ;)

I wish everyone else a fantastic day! Hopefully the sun is shining in your part of the world because the sun makes everything A.OK!

xx

Oh I love your posts Summer, you have the best way of saying things! I so understand what you mean. Although I'm using exante products I'm more calorie counting with all the stuff I end up picking on. It still works as long as I don't binge and put the whole lot on again.
I so admire you for sticking to it, it's a tough path! Well done hon xxx

Sounds exactly what I went through Summer. And Im totally with you on Primark sizing. Im wearing size 16 jeggings but they are definitely on the tight side. Went out and bought a size 16 and a size 14 jeans from internacionale the other day and the size 14 are a better fit than the primark jeggings which are supposed to have some stretch lol.

Oh crikey!

I have just got into a size 14 pair of trousers and a size 14 top?! They are from next who I do think come up a little bigger...but I dont care....its SAYS 14!!! hahaha! Not sure I would venture out in the trousers yet..but they go up, do up and I can kinda sit down lol!

Primark jeans still a no! lol!

These are the trousers:

Buy Dot Insert Layer Top from the Next UK online shop

They are the wide legged brown ones on that page xx

Long time, no type!

I did not post my usual weigh in results on Thursday just gone as I did not want to put anyone off!

Despite being 100% TS, I had gained 1.5lbs. Seems a bit unfair lol! Not sure how much longer I can go on seeing such poor results. I can't even use the excuse "see how it averages out over the month...e.t.c..." I lost more in this space of time calorie counting with low carbs!

Oh well.

I am determined to use up the packs I have left as I won't waste the money. I can safely say though...once my last pack has gone, never again will I go on exante ;)
The side effects and (for me) the poor results are just not worth going through this.

I had my first night off since 3rd Feb on Friday and I loved every second! I ate a 4 course dinner, had lots of lovely drinkies and felt part of the human race again! I was normal for a few hours!

I am back to the grindstone now and am very hopeful that my night off will give my body a little boost into losing more weight. I think the saying "You're not eating enough to lose weight" is something that may be happening to me! On my AAMW I had a great loss! So hopefully the result of my night off will be a positive.

I have though decided to weigh once every TWO weeks...this is mainly to help make the time go faster...stretching out the days I look forward to..Weigh Day! lol

I hope everyone is well and is keeping on keeping on!

xx

Oh my god, your determination is amazing!! I have had crap losses the past 2 weeks but at least they are still losses i suppose. Its totally not right that you should put on weight on this diet is it!! However, I have been told the same as you in the past about not eating enough to lose weight. I am still not quite sure how that works as surely if you eat less calories the weight should come off!!

Still, like I said, you are doing fantastic and you deserve to have fabulous losses so I hope it only gets better and better for you....xx

Thank you Miss Mac :) my determination comes from not wanting to waste what I have spent on the packs and also the thought that it will turn around and I will get these elusive good losses most others experience ;) xx

For the first time since I started Exante this is the FIRST morning that I did not step on the scales! It feels weird! Like I am doing this blind now lol! Trying so hard to only weigh in once every 2 weeks whilst finishing up Exante! Day 1 done :D

Thank you Miss Mac :) my determination comes from not wanting to waste what I have spent on the packs and also the thought that it will turn around and I will get these elusive good losses most others experience ;) xx

For the first time since I started Exante this is the FIRST morning that I did not step on the scales! It feels weird! Like I am doing this blind now lol! Trying so hard to only weigh in once every 2 weeks whilst finishing up Exante! Day 1 done :D

Good luck with not going on the scales for 2 weeks!! I resisted for 1 week after I had an aad weekend but it almost killed me!! I dont weigh every day but normally every other day and I am so pleased I will be able to do that again this week!! I like to know where I am and it seems to give me a bit of incentive to keep going 100%!!

Back