• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

No need to ask to join - if you really mean it this time you ARE a WeMITT!

Julie2011

Silver Member
S: 15st10lb C: 13st1lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 33.5 Loss: 2st9lb(16.82%)
Hello everyone. I lost some weight about six years ago, but put it all back on plus some more. I am now on Exante and it's going okay. I've lost 12 pounds, but have (gulp)another 80lbs to go. I really really mean it this time, not just to lose it but to keep it off, which has often been my downfall.

cassiopeia

S: 15st9lb C: 15st7lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 37.2 Loss: 0st2lb(0.91%)
Hi, I have dabbled with this forum on and off for years, but I really really really really mean it this time. I am so tired of slowly losing the same stone and then quickly gaining it back, which I've been doing for about 7 years. I have 5 or 6 stone to lose in order for my BMI to be in a healthy category, though at this point I'd be really thrilled just to move out of the obese category and be classed as overweight...it's going to happen!!!

TracyGWill

Gold Member
S: 21st7lb C: 9st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 20.2 Loss: 12st0lb(55.81%)
You can do it, Cassiopeia! I spent 30 years faffing around losing the same weight over and over! It was when I discovered this forum and MFP, back in 2011, that things finally seemed to click (fingers crossed!). All the best. :) xx

Last edited:

Julie2011

Silver Member
Hi, I have dabbled with this forum on and off for years, but I really really really really mean it this time. I am so tired of slowly losing the same stone and then quickly gaining it back, which I've been doing for about 7 years. I have 5 or 6 stone to lose in order for my BMI to be in a healthy category, though at this point I'd be really thrilled just to move out of the obese category and be classed as overweight...it's going to happen!!!
I feel exactly the same as you. I have about the same amount of weight to lose to get into a healthy BMI but from where I am now, I'd be delighted if I made it in the overweight category. I am going to lose it, and more importantly for me, I will maintain the weight loss.

TracyGWill

Gold Member
I feel exactly the same as you. I have about the same amount of weight to lose to get into a healthy BMI but from where I am now, I'd be delighted if I made it in the overweight category. I am going to lose it, and more importantly for me, I will maintain the weight loss.
Good luck, Julie! :) xx

cassiopeia

S: 15st9lb C: 15st7lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 37.2 Loss: 0st2lb(0.91%)
Thanks Tracy - wow, your statistics are so impressive. Thank you for sticking around this forum as it's so inspiring to see that real people have achieved what I haven't been able to and sometimes think might never happen for me. I read once that most people who successfully lose weight don't do so on their first try - I like to think that my previous attempts were warm-ups rather than failures!

Come on Julie - we can do it!! XX

Julie2011

Silver Member
You can do it, Cassiopeia! I spent 30 years faffing around losing the same weight over and over! It was when I discovered this forum and MFP, back in 2011, that things finally seemed to click (fingers crossed!). All the best. :) xx
Thanks Tracy. Your weight loss is an inspiration. I am determined to be equally successful. Ladies (and any gents) we can do it!!

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 24st11lb C: 19st10lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 48.9 Loss: 5st1lb(20.46%)
I read once that most people who successfully lose weight don't do so on their first try - I like to think that my previous attempts were warm-ups rather than failures!
Ooh yes I like your thinking, I'm definitely a member of that club! :D

TracyGWill

Gold Member
Thanks, Cassiopeia and Julie, and hi there Susie! This forum played such a big part in my finally (I hope!!) addressing my lifelong weight issues, and I will always think of myself as part of the WEMITTS community, as I know this has to be a lifetime commitment. You really, really can do it! I just plodded on (literally, as I have bad mobility problems, lol), one day at a time, and somehow those days have added up to five years now, hard to believe. I'm so glad Minimins is back, I was gutted when it closed as it had been so important to me. I really wish you all the very best on your journeys. :) xx

S: 14st02lb C: 11st12lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 28.5 Loss: 2st4lb(16.16%)
I meant it last time. But I didn't get it. Always a minimins lurker and a faffer.
Hello all. I really mean it this time! I'm in the zone and I need to zip up that duffle coat come the chilly weather.
You are all brilliant xxx

S: 16st4.6lb C: 14st12lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 39.3 Loss: 1st6.6lb(9.01%)
I really do mean it this time need to stick with it I could kick myself I was doing so well

S: 22st6lb C: 20st12.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 45.8 Loss: 1st7.5lb(6.85%)
I’ve 12 stone to lose altogether. My mind is set, I’m on week four and with fantastic support on here we can all do it!

Orla_D

getting smaller by the day
S: 23st0lb C: 17st0lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 36.2 Loss: 6st0lb(26.09%)
newbie to this site, have been lurking but now in the WEMITT frame of mind. Have lost a few stone here and there with SW, WW and low GI...And then put it back on with another few for good measure, then I would lose again, I was the definition of a yoyo dieter. At my heaviest I was 308lbs, that was a few years ago... Now I am down to 272 This time I am doing a combination of SW and low GI.. works best for me... Since I restarted I have lost 24lbs in 7 weeks... only 110lbs to go but every journey starts somewhere...

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 24st11lb C: 19st10lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 48.9 Loss: 5st1lb(20.46%)
Hiya Orla and well done for getting back into focus!

I'm doing SW too, with a low carb-ish menu most days.

You will nail this :).

S: 22st6lb C: 20st12.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 45.8 Loss: 1st7.5lb(6.85%)
Hi Orla, welcome 😊. Sounds like you’re doing great. I look forward to reading your journey. I started at 315 and I’m 290 now. 115 to go. We can do it!