No need to ask to join - if you really mean it this time you ARE a WeMITT!

well done on keeping up with your exercise x

Hello everyone. I lost some weight about six years ago, but put it all back on plus some more. I am now on Exante and it's going okay. I've lost 12 pounds, but have (gulp)another 80lbs to go. I really really mean it this time, not just to lose it but to keep it off, which has often been my downfall.

Hi, I have dabbled with this forum on and off for years, but I really really really really mean it this time. I am so tired of slowly losing the same stone and then quickly gaining it back, which I've been doing for about 7 years. I have 5 or 6 stone to lose in order for my BMI to be in a healthy category, though at this point I'd be really thrilled just to move out of the obese category and be classed as overweight...it's going to happen!!!

You can do it, Cassiopeia! I spent 30 years faffing around losing the same weight over and over! It was when I discovered this forum and MFP, back in 2011, that things finally seemed to click (fingers crossed!). All the best. :) xx

Last edited:
Hi, I have dabbled with this forum on and off for years, but I really really really really mean it this time. I am so tired of slowly losing the same stone and then quickly gaining it back, which I've been doing for about 7 years. I have 5 or 6 stone to lose in order for my BMI to be in a healthy category, though at this point I'd be really thrilled just to move out of the obese category and be classed as overweight...it's going to happen!!!

I feel exactly the same as you. I have about the same amount of weight to lose to get into a healthy BMI but from where I am now, I'd be delighted if I made it in the overweight category. I am going to lose it, and more importantly for me, I will maintain the weight loss.

I feel exactly the same as you. I have about the same amount of weight to lose to get into a healthy BMI but from where I am now, I'd be delighted if I made it in the overweight category. I am going to lose it, and more importantly for me, I will maintain the weight loss.

Good luck, Julie! :) xx

Thanks Tracy - wow, your statistics are so impressive. Thank you for sticking around this forum as it's so inspiring to see that real people have achieved what I haven't been able to and sometimes think might never happen for me. I read once that most people who successfully lose weight don't do so on their first try - I like to think that my previous attempts were warm-ups rather than failures!

Come on Julie - we can do it!! XX

You can do it, Cassiopeia! I spent 30 years faffing around losing the same weight over and over! It was when I discovered this forum and MFP, back in 2011, that things finally seemed to click (fingers crossed!). All the best. :) xx

Thanks Tracy. Your weight loss is an inspiration. I am determined to be equally successful. Ladies (and any gents) we can do it!!

Thanks, Cassiopeia and Julie, and hi there Susie! This forum played such a big part in my finally (I hope!!) addressing my lifelong weight issues, and I will always think of myself as part of the WEMITTS community, as I know this has to be a lifetime commitment. You really, really can do it! I just plodded on (literally, as I have bad mobility problems, lol), one day at a time, and somehow those days have added up to five years now, hard to believe. I'm so glad Minimins is back, I was gutted when it closed as it had been so important to me. I really wish you all the very best on your journeys. :) xx

I meant it last time. But I didn't get it. Always a minimins lurker and a faffer.
Hello all. I really mean it this time! I'm in the zone and I need to zip up that duffle coat come the chilly weather.
You are all brilliant xxx

I really do mean it this time need to stick with it I could kick myself I was doing so well

I’ve 12 stone to lose altogether. My mind is set, I’m on week four and with fantastic support on here we can all do it!

newbie to this site, have been lurking but now in the WEMITT frame of mind. Have lost a few stone here and there with SW, WW and low GI...And then put it back on with another few for good measure, then I would lose again, I was the definition of a yoyo dieter. At my heaviest I was 308lbs, that was a few years ago... Now I am down to 272 This time I am doing a combination of SW and low GI.. works best for me... Since I restarted I have lost 24lbs in 7 weeks... only 110lbs to go but every journey starts somewhere...

Hi Orla, welcome 😊. Sounds like you’re doing great. I look forward to reading your journey. I started at 315 and I’m 290 now. 115 to go. We can do it!

Back