No particular plan

Maffie

I've followed WW before, but have decided this time to cut out/down on the bad things and try to increase my exercise. Is this a totally crazy plan?

I currently have some bad stuff at work which includes weekly treats of 1 bacon sandwich, a subway, chips and curry and too many biscuits, also having takeaway and a fast food place at least once a week. Im hoping cutting these out and reducingt the amount of coke I drink will start my weight loss journey.

Would people recommend following a diet plan rather than just cut out the rubbish??

Sam x

Hi Sam and welcome.

Dieting is mre about lifestyle so cutting out the bad foods as you stated is a good start. I find keeping a fod diary of everything I eat is a good plan as I can see exactly what I am eating and it helps me to keep on track.

Once your head is in the right place the rest comes easier.

Good Luck xx

The only downside to not following a definite plan is you can end up cutting back too much and not eating enough. Dont feel you have to give up all the goodies, low fat bacon tastes just as good and loads of Subway sandwiches are very low cal

I know I need to keep up my food intake as I cycle between 35 to 50 miles a week minimum and i'm hoping to double that over the next few months.

It's just strange I exercise loads but still want to lose 3-4 stone

maybe changing the foods you eat rather than reducing the food will hopefully make a difference. If you are exercising you will need to make sure that you are eating enough to fuel it.

xx

I did make the same plan as you when i started my weight loss journey and it worked although i did cut down on what i ate because i was over eating, and i did do a bit of excersise to speed the weight loss, now im making the same plan to see if i can get to target, im not cutting down though, and i will maintain it hopefully.

The only downside to not following a definite plan is you can end up cutting back too much and not eating enough. Dont feel you have to give up all the goodies, low fat bacon tastes just as good and loads of Subway sandwiches are very low cal

yeah thats so true, i tried to miss out meals!!

oh subway..., well i heard that the meat is fatty! also beware of bought sandwiches...

i did some coursework on subway and most of their stuff is actually really low in fat...of course if you dont have salad then its not as good as it could be but compared to some ready made stuff its pretty good... :)

yeah..definitely select healthier foods to eat...and exercise...my weight loss goal is 45 lbs and have lost 23 so far...i've found this new way of eating and exercising regularly is the secret to my weight loss

hi there,

i think you can lose weight without following a plan - I did it about 2.5 years ago. However its more easy to fall off the wagon, you have no fear of the weekly weigh in and weight loss can be slower. But if you are determined and stick to your exercise then I don't see why you can't do it! Good luck

Back