Nonna's Food Diary!!

Nonna_edmo

Hi Everyone :wave_cry:

Iv read lots and lots of threads on here saying that a food diary really helps so im going to start one! I have just over 1.5 stone to loose to get to my target weight but have not gave myself a target date.

Im a bit embarassed to start a food diary:ashamed0005: cos im sure no one gives a monkeys what im eating! And wont be interested in me moaning on! lol :blahblah: It feels strange to be putting everything i eat up on here but i am going to be totally honest or there is no point doing it!

Im officially starting my SW journey today, my first weigh day was yesterday and so i will be weighing in again on Wednesay next week. My and a load of my family are doing it (without attending mtgs) so we will all be weighing together. Dont like the thought of them seeing my weight :eek: but never mind!

I will try and post my food diary everyday but if i dont will try and update as much as possible.

If you see im doing anything wrong please do shout up!! :rant2:as i said we are not going to meetings and do not have all of the books so we are winging it a bit!

Its the OH birthday today (he is also doing SW) so im going to try my best to make a low syn meal tonight for us. We are going back home to his parents at the weekend so that will really test us!

Oh an by the way we are doing the EE plan.

So here goes! Wish me luck..................

Thursday (04/11)

Breakfast -
1 slice wholemal toast (1/2 HE B)
2 plums
Apple

Lunch -
Tomato and herb mug shot (Free i hope :eek:)
Grapes
Apple

Snack - Bananna

Dinner
Starter -Smoked Haddock Chowder (1 syn) Made with my HEA
Main - Spag Bog made with Quorn. This had Carrots, Celery, Onion, Mushroom in as my 1/3rd. (Free)
Pud - Lemmon Mouse. (1/2 syn).Yuk i made this from a recipe i found and it was mingin!

Snack - later on a bit more Spag Bol Sauce with some cheese on top. (3 syns)

Total Syns 4.5

Quite Pleased with myself cos i feel like iv eaten loads! this will take some getting used too!

Last edited:
Hi Nonna,

Goodluck with your diary! We do check in on them from time to time :)

I use mine to keep me on track and to see what has worked for me and what hasn't. I tend to fall off the wagon a lot so it helps me see what went right and what went wrong. Plus I get meal ideas from other peoples :)

On the mugshot front I count them as free so hopefully we are both right!

Friday

Breakfast
Wholemeal Toast (HEB)
Plum x2

Lunch
Tomato and Herb Mug Shot - free
Apple
Orange
Grapes

Dinner
Jacket Spud
Syn Free chilli con Carne from SW receipe which was Yummy!!
1 pork Sausage (2.5 syns ish cant find them in the food directory)
1 Chicken Sauseage (2 syns ish i think cant find them either??)
Corn on the cob (1/2) Free i think.
Backed Beans

Didn't manage to fit my 1/3rd superfree in with this meal :( as was a bonfire party

Been dreading Saturday as i thought id go right off track and i did
:( was out for OH birthday Celebrations!.......

Saturday

Breakfast
Pinapple Chunks, Mango Chunks, Orange and Grape mixed fruit.

Lunch
Lettuce, Tomato, 1 slice brown bread (HEB) Light Chedder Cheese (HEA) Slice of Ham/Beef/Turkey.

Dinner
Steak, Pork Chop, Chicken Breast, SW Chips (free) Beans

Night Out
Capriani Cocktail, (2.5 syns ish) ?
10 Bacardi and diet cokes (25 syns)
2 bottles becks (10syns)
Some chicken bits out of OH Chicken Kebab oops! (?? syns)

Had a great night out tho so trying not to beat myself up about it. Took the OH familys dog out for a 20minute walk before hand to try and make myself feel a bit better! :)

Sunday

Breakfast
Bacon, Beans, Scrambeled Egg, 1 round Wholemeal toast (1/2 HEB) 2 sausage (5 syns)

Lunch
Packet of Wotsits (5.5 syns)
Orange
Plum

Dinner
Jacket Potato, Mushrooms, Onion, Red Pepper, Garlic, Tomatos
Salad

Snack - Shape White Choc Delights yoghurt. Not sure how many syns, if anyone knows let me know?? have looked on different threads but cant seem to find anything??

Iv been a little bit bad over the weekend, but starting back at the gym tomorrow and am going to try and be better at getting my healthy extras and getting my 1/3rd superfoods.

Need to give myself a kick up the bum and stop using excuses for why im eating/drinking too much. Im going to try to reduce my Syn intake until Wed when its Weigh in. I think ill try and have about 7 syns a day.

D xx

Sunday

Breakfast
Bacon, Beans, Scrambeled Egg, 1 round Wholemeal toast (1/2 HEB) 2 sausage (5 syns)

Lunch
Packet of Wotsits (5.5 syns)
Orange
Plum

Dinner
Jacket Potato, Mushrooms, Onion, Red Pepper, Garlic, Tomatos
Salad

Snack - Shape White Choc Delights yoghurt. Not sure how many syns, if anyone knows let me know?? have looked on different threads but cant seem to find anything??[/QUOTE]

Shape White Choc delights are 5 syns each, the caramel ones are lovely too and also 5 syns.

Shape White Choc delights are 5 syns each, the caramel ones are lovely too and also 5 syns.

Thanks, not made my mind up if they are worth 5 yet, will have to try the caramel ones and find out! :eek:

Hi Donna

Is that just dry toast for breakfast? That tasty enough for you? I would be tempted to put a banana on it.

If im having just toast i have a tiny bit of light marg on it (which iv been bad and not counted) :ashamed0005: as i dont know how much it is. Still waiting on my book to come!

But if im having the toast with Bacon/Egg etc i dont have any marge. Iv never tried Bananna on toast but im intrigued now so ill have a try! thanxs!! :eek:

Monday

Breakfast
1 slice toast with marge (HE B) didnt manage to eat my 1/3rd superfree

Lunch
2 egg omlette with Tomato, red pepper,1 Quorn Sausage (all free)

Dinner
Roasted Veg Pasta (Mushroom, Corgette, Aubergine, Tomato, Orange Pepper, Onion, Shallotts, Garlic, Basil) with 50g Goats Cheese (8 syns)

Snack
Roast Chicken Hotpot
Plum

Now just watching corrie which i think is going to be really sad and debatting if or not i should have a packet of Low fat super noodles?? decisions, decisions!! :)

well done me! small steps.....

I resisted the super noodles last night!! Whoooo! :clap: Very pleased and proud of myself. Although they would of been free i was only going to eat them out of boredom and i resisted!

I know its a bit sad but i though id stick it on here so that i could look back and remember how it feels good afterwards! :p

Also OH is off to the GP today to get results of his Coeliac Blood tests, if he does have it (fingers well and truly crossed he doesnt!) then i think he will be changing from EE to Red days. And i might be looking for inspiration, advice on the forums :confused: because im a bit clueless about it to be honest.

I will update todays food diary later, Hope everyone has a good day!

Ok here goes, went out for dinner with friends today but think i did ok......

Tuesday

Breakfast
1 round brown toast (1/2 HEB)
Apple

Lunch
Sweet Sour Mug Shot (free)
Apple
Grapes
Orange

Dinner (Went out to a pub for tea with friends)

Steak, Gammon Steak, Fried Egg and Salad. I asked for no chips and double salad with this so will syn it at 2 points for the fat they prob used to fry it and 2 points for Mayo that i had. (4 syns)

I had 3 Lime and Soda's. Was dying for a glass of wine but resisted. Very pleased with myself again! hehe

Snack
1 Chocolate Weetabix (1/2 HE B) (1 synb) with Skimmed (red) milk (HE A) with 1/2 a banana. Would of had the whole banana had it not of been the mouldy manky one left in the fruit bowl!

Iv also realised from reading some other food diaries that i have not been putting down drinks. So my drinks for today were:
5 cups green Tea
1 glass Water

Total syns for the day = 5 syns.

Im getting the urge to have comfort food because how freezing is it all of a sudden! :gen125: Cant seem to find the energy to go to the gym just yet. Its just too dark and cold once i get in from work to drag myself back out agin! need to get myself sorted!

1st weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed!!

good news

Also OH found out that he is not Coeliac as the GP first thought so he can carry on doing EE. Such a relief! :talk017:

OMG I actually did it!

Wednesday

So today was the moment of truth! First SW weigh in and i lost 2lb! I cant beleive it! i feel like iv eaten a shed load!:eatdrink051:

Very pleased as i have not been to the gym this week. Thanks to everyone who has given me advice! And the other food diary i have stolen ideas from :D. This is a great support and im so glad i found this forum. Gush Gush and all that...

OK enough going on, today i had.....

Breakfast
1 slice W/M Toast With Marge (1 Syn)
Apple

Snack
Banana.

Lunch
Creamy Cheese Mug Shot (2 syns)
Apple
Grapes
Orange

Dinner
SW Syn Free Chicken Curry and Rice (cooking as we speak).
Orange

D xx

Last edited:
Hi Donna, found you! Get the kettle on for a virtual brew :)

Your food diaries look great & well done on losing that 2lb, just the start :D

You've reminded me how much I like Wotsits, might have to treat myself to a packet of them over the weekend.

Hope you enjoyed your curry - I made the Chicken Jalfrezi from the curry heaven cookbook last week and it was so nice I'm doing it again tomorrow. I love spicy foods.

Very glad to hear your OH isn't coeliac - we have a girl who works here who has that & it's so restrictive. Must have been a big relief for you.

You did really well on your meal out, I must admit that I nearly always have gammon, too, if we go out to a pub. I ask for new potatoes (no butter) & salad instead of veg (they always seem to put peas with gammon & they're not superfree).

Take care
Claire x

Hey Claire, thanks for visiting! Lol

The curry was ok, but i think ill try a few more receipes yet! or it may just be my cooking! :-S

Looking at your signature you have done so great!! How do you keep so determined? You hardly ever put on or even STS!

D x

Oh no!

Thursday

Had an 'unplanned' shopping trip today so not been as good as i had hoped by a long shot!

Breakfast
1 round WM Toast
(didnt eat my 1/3rd and felt so guilty!)

Lunch
Sweet/Sour Mug Shot
(again didnt eat my 1/3rd :mad: Angry with myself now!)

Dinner
Went to Zizzi in town. Hadnt planned too. I had a black coffee, a small white wine, and the seafood risoto. And 2 or 3 olives. No idea at all how many syns i have had!

Must do better tomorrow. Feel even more naughty now that i have written it down! :cry:
D x

Hi Donna, don't worry about your 'blip' day, it's not as bad as you think I bet and these things happen. I had a day like that myself as we went to Wimpy for dinner which I hadn't planned.

It's just one day / one meal. The main thing is not to let it turn into a whole week :cry:

I bet you'll still be fine come weigh in.

BTW - thanks for the comment about my weightloss, it doesn't seem that good to me! Feels like it's taking forever!

Back