Not another FAT holiday

Hello!

I’ve just completed my first week on exante and lost 7lbs. I am a previous slimming world member and I’m packing that in this week, in favour of a food diary shared here with you guys.

Today I booked a little holiday to Mallorca in September. Last year, on holiday I promised myself; Never to waste another holiday feeling fat, lumpy, unattractive and hiding away.

I’ve got 12 weeks (3 months) to lose 3 stone. According to you ladies fab-u-lous losses I’ve been spying on here this last week I can manage it.
I’ll be following total solution 😇

PLEASE share my journey with me, I find support & supporting others my biggest motivator ❤️

Here’s to a fabulous holiday 🌴🍹

Hi SLI and welcome! Great loss so far and your goal is realistic, you’ll have no problem get that beach body for your holiday!

You might want to move this to the diary section as it seems busier there :)

Look forward to seeing your losses!

Hey - that's just like me! I did Slimming World for a couple of years, and it was great, but I needed an extra push to break through the next barrier.

You can do it!

Hi SLI and welcome! Great loss so far and your goal is realistic, you’ll have no problem get that beach body for your holiday!

You might want to move this to the diary section as it seems busier there :)

Look forward to seeing your losses!
Hello!
Do I have to repost the entire thing or is there a handy way to move it? Advice much appreciated as a newbie!
Thank you, the scales keeping moving are a great motivator, I watched the BBC doc last week on VLCD and made my mind up to follow one through, fingers crossed!

Hey - that's just like me! I did Slimming World for a couple of years, and it was great, but I needed an extra push to break through the next barrier.

You can do it!
I love slimming world, as long as your happy to prep and cook every single day and for me, lose just 1lb a week, I just needed a change to keep me motivated, but did do a good 1 and a half stone from January to May.
I agree on SW I just couldn’t get into the next stone bracket!

Hi sheslosingit! I've got the same initial goal as you - want to lose 3 stone before my holiday in September too 😊 I'm actually doing lipotrim rather than exante (although I've used their products before). There's just not much going on in the lipotrim section at the moment.

Hi Sheslosingit,

I'm also a past SW member and I'm starting Exante tomorrow. How have you found your first week? I'm also going to be doing Total Solution.

I've got a holiday booked for 8 weeks time and, whilst I know I won't be at my goal weight for then, I want to have broken the back of the weight loss.

Good luck to everyone!

Hiiii - belated welcome! I'm sure you can ask one of the mods to move you into the diary section if you like.

I hope your first week on TS has gone well - I feel the first week is probably the hardest, and it's all easier from there (although, of course, it varies - I have good days and bad days, but mainly psychologically speaking, rather than physically). You can definitely lose in the region of 3stone if you stick to plan for the next three months, so I'll be cheering for you!

Err ... and just because I'm apparently the person who rains on people's parades (not intentionally!) I'd just issue my standard warning to be careful when you come off the VLCD and go on holiday: your metabolism will be asleep and your stomach will have shrunk, so an abrupt transition to real food can mess you up a bit. So have the best holiday but just be aware of that!

Hi sheslosingit! I've got the same initial goal as you - want to lose 3 stone before my holiday in September too 😊 I'm actually doing lipotrim rather than exante (although I've used their products before). There's just not much going on in the lipotrim section at the moment.
If it’s the same sort of thing then the more the merrier! You need a lot of support on this diet, I’ve found it really hard, but the results speak for themselves!!

Hi Sheslosingit,

I'm also a past SW member and I'm starting Exante tomorrow. How have you found your first week? I'm also going to be doing Total Solution.

I've got a holiday booked for 8 weeks time and, whilst I know I won't be at my goal weight for then, I want to have broken the back of the weight loss.

Good luck to everyone!
I’m not going to lie, it’s been hard, especially compared to a “real food” diet, and avoiding the ‘caring’ comments at work by pretending it was actually an UNhelathy milkshake (I work in a hospital so there’s lots of health chat!) cause that seemed better 🤷🏽‍♀️
But! The pay off is quick weight loss, I’m hoping it’s sustainable and is real weight, not just water! I’m now in the next stone bracket so that’s keeping me going, and the exante “water enhancers” have been good this week to encourage fluids!

Good luck to you too, we can do this!

Hiiii - belated welcome! I'm sure you can ask one of the mods to move you into the diary section if you like.

I hope your first week on TS has gone well - I feel the first week is probably the hardest, and it's all easier from there (although, of course, it varies - I have good days and bad days, but mainly psychologically speaking, rather than physically). You can definitely lose in the region of 3stone if you stick to plan for the next three months, so I'll be cheering for you!

Err ... and just because I'm apparently the person who rains on people's parades (not intentionally!) I'd just issue my standard warning to be careful when you come off the VLCD and go on holiday: your metabolism will be asleep and your stomach will have shrunk, so an abrupt transition to real food can mess you up a bit. So have the best holiday but just be aware of that!

Hellllo!!
Don’t worry, after losing and gaining (the same) 3 stone on a nearby starvation diet for my wedding last year I’ve promised myself this time it’s fone for good! I’m hoping being in a bikini will stop over eating, and I was thinking of doing alternate very low carb days on holiday, just to save my stomach going through too much !

Moving this would be fabulous if you can get those strings pulled 😉 thank you!

And good luck to you too, we ARE doing this!
I’m just focusing on the next 24 hours each day!

I’m not going to lie, it’s been hard, especially compared to a “real food” diet, and avoiding the ‘caring’ comments at work by pretending it was actually an UNhelathy milkshake (I work in a hospital so there’s lots of health chat!) cause that seemed better 🤷🏽‍♀️
But! The pay off is quick weight loss, I’m hoping it’s sustainable and is real weight, not just water! I’m now in the next stone bracket so that’s keeping me going, and the exante “water enhancers” have been good this week to encourage fluids!

Good luck to you too, we can do this!

I'm sure that it is going to be extremely hard but hopefully the quick weight loss will keep me motivated! I'm hoping that on weigh-in day that I'll be in the 13s. It's a bit annoying that I've seen that weight before fairly recently as I lost 5 stone with SW but then put most of it back on.

Ha! Good advice - I'm planning to steadily increase some carbs/normal food the week before I go away as I don't want to be poorly. I'll also be (a bit) careful on holiday about what I eat.

Quick question - what is everyone doing about hot drinks? I've read on here that some people are having a dash of unsweetened almond milk in a coffee. I've got some in my fridge and have checked and there are no carbs and it's 20 calories for 100ml. I'm guessing that a drop of this won't hurt me once a day as I'm definitely addicted to caffeine as I need a morning hit. I can cope with just one...

I also got on the scales this morning - I think that I need to do this to get through the the next day. Hopefully, once i'm in ketosis the need to do this won't be as strong. I know that it'll be water but there was a loss thankfully!

Last edited:
Sorry for being so late. I didn’t get a notification to your reply so didn’t check back. Unless someone has already answered, I think a mod can move your entire thread if you make the request - assuming you want to of course :)

Quick question - what is everyone doing about hot drinks? I've read on here that some people are having a dash of unsweetened almond milk in a coffee. I've got some in my fridge and have checked and there are no carbs and it's 20 calories for 100ml. I'm guessing that a drop of this won't hurt me once a day as I'm definitely addicted to caffeine as I need a morning hit. I can cope with just one...

I'm not a hot drinker but while almond milk isn't officially "on plan" with Exante I've come round to the view that it's so low on calories that it's fairly safe to have in small-ish amounts (and I am a total stickler for the rules so it takes a lot for me to go off plan, even a teeny bit). Also there's a variation of the CWP which is three products a day plus 200ml of skimmed (cow) milk - so my feeling is (from a position of no expertise) is that it's basically harmless. And you do need to preserve some quality of life while you're on plan otherwise you'll just end up cheating or being unable to stick to it.

The other thing you could do is add a shot of coffee to some of the shakes along with hot water - I don't like coffee all that much but I find these *delicious* in winter. Vanilla plus coffee shot is basically a cappuccino / latte type affair. Chocolate or chocolate-mint plus coffee shot is a mocha or mint mocha. I've never tried with the coconut but I imagine it would be pretty delicious. Ditto the almond vanilla.

The other thing you could do is add a shot of coffee to some of the shakes along with hot water - I don't like coffee all that much but I find these *delicious* in winter. Vanilla plus coffee shot is basically a cappuccino / latte type affair. Chocolate or chocolate-mint plus coffee shot is a mocha or mint mocha. I've never tried with the coconut but I imagine it would be pretty delicious. Ditto the almond vanilla.

Thank you Castingnasturtiums - great ideas! I mixed in a shot of coffee with my coconut shake. It was like an iced coffee and I really enjoyed it!

Day 3 for me and it’s going well - I’ve been 100% on TS.

Oh wow, I'm so glad it was tasty!

And I'm thrilled TS is going well for you!

Hello!

I’ve just completed my first week on exante and lost 7lbs. I am a previous slimming world member and I’m packing that in this week, in favour of a food diary shared here with you guys.

Today I booked a little holiday to Mallorca in September. Last year, on holiday I promised myself; Never to waste another holiday feeling fat, lumpy, unattractive and hiding away.

I’ve got 12 weeks (3 months) to lose 3 stone. According to you ladies fab-u-lous losses I’ve been spying on here this last week I can manage it.
I’ll be following total solution 😇

PLEASE share my journey with me, I find support & supporting others my biggest motivator ❤️

Here’s to a fabulous holiday 🌴🍹
I’m on day 6 of TS for my holiday in 6 weeks. I’m not sure how much I can lose but nothing fits so anything off will help

Back