Not sure if its helped but thought id share :)

Roziee said:
Oh so next question- with the bottled lemon juice- how many tablespoons do u use in a cup?

I suppose it depend on your taste! I normally just put an squirt in everything I drink!

Ive put bottled lemon juice in my green tea this morning. Not convinced on the taste but will keep it up to see if it has any effect!

I'm having it in robinsons sugar free tropical squash and it's lovely! I couldn't stomach it hot x

thanks! this is very interesting! deffo going to give this a try! i already drink green tea with lemon, but i think im going to make a conscious effort to add lemon to things now! x

Day one down! I had an entire lemon in my hot water to start the day and then i had a further 4 cups of green tea to which i added lemon juice. I used 2 lemons in total. I've been to the loo at lot mind! Okay when your at home but when your at work and in meetings it starts to get annoying!

Just made my self some sugar free orange squash and squeezed half a lemon into it and threw the peel in too - tastes amazing, boring orange juice is now zingy and has a kick to it - even if I don't see any difference in my weight I will continue with the lemon for this drink alone.
Tried some and it was lovely. I've heard on other posts that it keeps you regular.. might counteract the speed soup a bit then :giggle: It was also nice in my camomile honey and vanilla Twinings

Bought me some lemons today. Going to make syn free lemon curd and also drink hot water and lemon each morning

Put the lemon into the microwave for 10 seconds before using - no need to prick it - and you will get far more juice out of it.

If you don't have a MW roll it round the work surface a few times to soften it. (if you have clean feet you can put it under the sole of your foot and roll it round whilst watching tv - extra exercise as well.:D )

I'm going to give this a go. I stock piled on lemons when I went to the supermarket. I hope it makes a difference!

Well I've only used the lemons for 3 days (3 a day) and after only half a lb loss last week I've just weighed myself to find I've lost 3lb!!

Wow- 3 a day? That's great that you've lost weight in 3 days but I would wait until official WI day and then celebrate :) (unless it is your WI today, which if it is :bliss: brilliant!) xx

Yea weigh in day today. Thankyou :) it could just be because I didn't lose much last week, but I'm still going to keep having the lemons because If nothing else they're good for my health lol x

Have just bought some lemon juice after reading this!!!!

Well am trying as recommended 3 tablespoons in a wine glass of water. No sweetener in and its quite nice (very tart!). And it sure takes any sweet cravings away!!!

lemon juice experiment :)

Following the thread http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/276561-not-sure-if-its-helped-but-thought-id-share.html which talks about how the juice of lemons have improved one members weight loss I had a bit of a google to see if there is any science behind it and found plenty articles which back this theory up.

So, I plan on having some hot water with 3 slices of lemon added to it each morning and will report back as to whether it has given my weight loss a boost or not :).

I'd be interested to see whether this will work so if anyone else out there would like to join the experiment that would be great.

Well am trying as recommended 3 tablespoons in a wine glass of water. No sweetener in and its quite nice (very tart!). And it sure takes any sweet cravings away!!!

It's surprisingly nice, isn't it! Mind you, I did put 4 tbsps in once by mistake, and that nearly made my eyes water, lol, so it's obviously a fine line between sour but pleasant and sour and nasty! :D

Day three of my new lemon craze. I switched from fresh lemons to bottled lemon juice this morning and i'm not sure i like it.... I also wonder if whatever they put in it to keep it fresh will affect weight loss? It's just such a pain having to fins somewhere to sort the lemons. Mind you, its a right pain to get the juice out of the actual bottle. You can't just hold it upside down. You actually have to either shake it or smack the bottle which made trying to measure it on a tablespoon impossible with just two hands. I gave up and just shook it into the cup in the end. And then thanks to the hassle i managed to make myself two drinks; a green tea with lemon and my cup of hot water with lemon! I'm feeling a bit daft this morning!

Made Asian tomato and rice soup last night recipe called for lemongrass which I don't like so I juiced and zested a fresh lemon instead!

Back