Not sure if its helped but thought id share :)

Lol bless you- someone posted earlier that they had used the bottles version and it hadn't affected their weight loss so in using the bottled kind too- its not too much of a pain if you lie the spoon on the table and then shake the bottle x

Day three of my new lemon craze. I switched from fresh lemons to bottled lemon juice this morning and i'm not sure i like it.... I also wonder if whatever they put in it to keep it fresh will affect weight loss? It's just such a pain having to fins somewhere to sort the lemons. Mind you, its a right pain to get the juice out of the actual bottle. You can't just hold it upside down. You actually have to either shake it or smack the bottle which made trying to measure it on a tablespoon impossible with just two hands. I gave up and just shook it into the cup in the end. And then thanks to the hassle i managed to make myself two drinks; a green tea with lemon and my cup of hot water with lemon! I'm feeling a bit daft this morning!

I buy the one in the lemon shaped bottle and it is squeezy, no shaking involved!!!!!

Not the only one feeling daft - I just took a mouthful of hot water as I had forgotten to add the lemon as I was replying to this!!!! Been ill for the past few days - like thats the reason :brainfart:

OMG just did it again *stops typing and adds lemon juice to cup*

So I lost 4lbs at WI last night :D. I've had reasonable losses previous so may not all be down to the lemons, but thanks to the OP :D for the suggestion. I would think I've had about 10 or so over the last week. I'm going to make lemonade today to enjoy in this lovely weather.

I will try this next week i love drinking lemon juice, i used to have it all the time in winter 1st thing in the morning, thanks!!

I think that they are already doing that in the thread you have mentioned. You may want to join that one :)

Hi. I've started doing this over the last week too. I prefer fresh to bottled so for work I squeeze a couple of lemons into a tub / container which doesn't leak and cut up a few bits of flesh too and add those in. Over the day I add it to my water or green tea. It's been working really well that way.

Supergirl1980 said:
Is lemon juice not synned? I assumed that it would be, just as you would syn orange juice?
It's syn free-it doesn't contain a lot of natural sugar and ur not likely to drink a glassful of it anyway so not much chance of overeating :)

My granddad showed me something very clever with lemons which might help you all! when you get your lemons chop them all up into wedges and keep them in the freezer so they last longer. so if you put them in tea they will defrost straight away, and if your having a cheeky G&T then it acts as the lemon and the ice cubes =] sorry if you all knew this but i didnt and thought it was quite clever =]

WOOOHOOOO!!! i have lost 2lbs this week! after 3 weeks of STS i am chuffed! 5.5lbs to go until target! i have been using bottled juice

Hi all,

When i first saw this post i will be honest i thought what a load of codswallop, but since seeing some of you coming in with good losses it got me thinking about my own losses and i made a realisation last night.

When i first started SW about 11 weeks ago i was drinking a lot of diet lemonade and as you will see in my sign i had amazing losses but as time went on i decided to be healthier and have started drinking water instead thinking it would help my weight loss.

But as you can see the last few weeks my weight loss has considerably slowed which i put down simply to my body settling into its new weight but after my epiphany a few days ago i have started drinking lemonade again and i am amazed to say that all of a sudden the scales have started moving again.

I cant say anything official but from my own scales at home i seem to have lost somewhere in the region of 4-5lb this week so far which is astounding considering my recent losses.

Obviously it could swing back the other way so i wont be able to confirm this until saturday when i have my official group weigh in but fingers crossed it seems that diet lemonade which can be bought from most supermarkets for about 50-60p per 2 litre bottle seem to work too!

Keep your fingers crossed for me

Paul

I have WI tonight and i thought i would give them lemon and hot water but with a dash of cayenne! and all i can say is im scared to go out. i can feel my tummy rumbling and firing up im scared lol!

Oh I am definatly goging to try this! Im guessing its not gogin to have the same effect if they are in an ice cold G & T though! ;-)

Lol bless you- someone posted earlier that they had used the bottles version and it hadn't affected their weight loss so in using the bottled kind too- its not too much of a pain if you lie the spoon on the table and then shake the bottle x
Never thought of that! Mind you i seem to be using much more lemon when using the bottles. I made a green tea yesterday that i couldn't drink because it had so much lemon it!

I buy the one in the lemon shaped bottle and it is squeezy, no shaking involved!!!!!

Not the only one feeling daft - I just took a mouthful of hot water as I had forgotten to add the lemon as I was replying to this!!!! Been ill for the past few days - like thats the reason :brainfart:

OMG just did it again *stops typing and adds lemon juice to cup*

You know my local stores only seem to stock the lemon shaped ones in the run up to pancake day. I did it again this morning, plus i tried to add it to the cup of milky coffee i was making. Honestly sometimes i wonder how i manage to get to work in one piece on a morning!

Alycyn1980 said:
I think that they are already doing that in the thread you have mentioned. You may want to join that one :)

Eh??? What post/to whom are you referring?

OOH, I had a bottle of aldi lemon and lime sparkling water kicking about, so I bought some lemons and have just squeezed one into a glass of that, ice cold. I shall do this three times a day and see what effect it has. Its proper nice as a drink in its own right though.

Back