Not sure if its helped but thought id share :)

lemons on my list for tomorrow and diet lemonade!!!!

i'm on night shifts and due to the heat I have jugs full of shop bought lemonade, squeezed and chopped a lemon into it and added loads of ice, usually I would be on Diet coke to sustain me on a night shift so this has got to be better than that and hopefully the lemon will help my weight loss, I could do with a 3.5lb loss this week to get to the 3stone mark before my hol. Doubtfull, but you never know! x

I will be adding lemons to the shopping list and freezing them as someone suggested (cant remember who but thanks :)). I would be vary of drinking that much lemonade, would it not just bag you up? It must be just as bad as drinking tonnes of diet coke, loads of sweeteners etc in them. I think I would stick to soda water and lemon? Will try this and see how goes and also with hot water :)

Well i am totally baffled today, i had to go visit my parent yesterday evening as they are off on holiday for a while and got caught short and hungry afterwards so my wife and i agreed to allow ourselves a flexible syn evening and went to KFC.

I had a BBQ Rancher burger (flame grilled breast with no coating but bbq sauce in a roll) and also a Toasted twister. We didnt have any other syns at all yesterday but we did stay on the diet lemonade, and i was at best hoping for a sts, however when i checked this morning i had lost another 1.5lb!!! what the hell is going on?

even my wife who is only 12st 8lb stayed the same and didnt have a gain! and she had 2 twisters too lol

Anyway i was somewhat suprised as im sure you can imagine and that now puts this weeks loss (by my scales) at 6.5lb!! god i hope it isnt just my scales going wrong lol

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
Well i am totally baffled today, i had to go visit my parent yesterday evening as they are off on holiday for a while and got caught short and hungry afterwards so my wife and i agreed to allow ourselves a flexible syn evening and went to KFC.

I had a BBQ Rancher burger (flame grilled breast with no coating but bbq sauce in a roll) and also a Toasted twister. We didnt have any other syns at all yesterday but we did stay on the diet lemonade, and i was at best hoping for a sts, however when i checked this morning i had lost another 1.5lb!!! what the hell is going on?

even my wife who is only 12st 8lb stayed the same and didnt have a gain! and she had 2 twisters too lol

Anyway i was somewhat suprised as im sure you can imagine and that now puts this weeks loss (by my scales) at 6.5lb!! god i hope it isnt just my scales going wrong lol

It takes 10 days for excess calories to be converted into fat, sorry but I don't think you can count on this being a true reading.
I think this is a danger of over frequent weighing, you assume that meals haven't affected you and two weeks later are stunned by a gain.

Hope that's not true for you though :)

Paul_Farnham_uk said:

6.5 lbs loss in a week???? Paul :bliss: can I swap my losses with you? :giggle:

Well the first few weeks of slimming world i was consisitently losing 4.5lb+ and so i wonder if this is possibly some water retention thats been lurking in my body that maybe the lemonade is helping release but either way i started at 26.5sst and im verging on 23 now so even if it is water retention the losses speak for themselves really.

I will continue doing what im doing and see how it goes over the next few weeks but as i have said before my recent losses were only 1-2lbs so i have either broken through a semi plateau and its just a coincidence or the lemonade is helping.

Fingers crossed its the latter.
6.5 lbs loss in a week???? Paul :bliss: can I swap my losses with you? :giggle:

Whatever you're doing Paul is working so congratulations on your weight loss so far :) as long as you're not harming your body then go for it :) well done you.

Thats incorrect by the way as the weight gain is essentially based on excess calories and you gain 1lb of weight for every 3500 excess calories, and seeing as the meal i had came to less than 1500 calories the absolute maximum weight gain i would have would be 1/2 lb.

Besides the actually weight of the food in your belly immeadiately shows any gain you would have as not only do you get the actual physical weight of the food prior to digestion but also any additional water retention you may have from eating a salty meal.

People who have 2-3lb gain after a binge are generally holding water as to gain 3b you would have to eat an excess of 10500 calories which tbh is almost impossible in one day.

The 10 day rule you are talking about has no basis in science unless you have a source you can link?

It takes 10 days for excess calories to be converted into fat, sorry but I don't think you can count on this being a true reading.
I think this is a danger of over frequent weighing, you assume that meals haven't affected you and two weeks later are stunned by a gain.

Hope that's not true for you though :)

Sorry I heard this from a nutritionist, I didn't make it up. Obviously you know differently.
Oh and I don't have a source as I didn't get my info from the net.

Well i would never claim to know everything, so would certainly be interested in knowing if thats true, is there any website you know of that discusses it? i am always open to new information that will help me manage my weight better.

I know the 3500 calorie rule is a scientific fact and as far as i can tell water retention normally shows within a day or 2 which is why i drink so much water to purge my body of any retention i have.

but like i said if you can find any information on this i would appreciate it as i have never come accross it anywhere.

Sorry I heard this from a nutritionist, I didn't make it up. Obviously you know differently.

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
Thats incorrect by the way as the weight gain is essentially based on excess calories and you gain 1lb of weight for every 3500 excess calories, and seeing as the meal i had came to less than 1500 calories the absolute maximum weight gain i would have would be 1/2 lb.

Besides the actually weight of the food in your belly immeadiately shows any gain you would have as not only do you get the actual physical weight of the food prior to digestion but also any additional water retention you may have from eating a salty meal.

People who have 2-3lb gain after a binge are generally holding water as to gain 3b you would have to eat an excess of 10500 calories which tbh is almost impossible in one day.

The 10 day rule you are talking about has no basis in science unless you have a source you can link?

Further to this, I never said you would gain! I said you couldn't take the reading as accurate, and that over frequent weighing causes people to think they're 'safe' to eat badly because the meal didn't show on the scales the next day.

I appreciate that Shirl and i wasnt being nasty, i hope it didnt come accross as such, but as i said above i would certainly be interested in learning more about this as i am always keen to learn more about how the body processes calories, hence how i have learned what i already know.

Further to this, I never said you would gain! I said you couldn't take the reading as accurate, and that over frequent weighing causes people to think they're 'safe' to eat badly because the meal didn't show on the scales the next day.

I appreciate that Shirl and i wasnt being nasty, i hope it didnt come accross as such, but as i said above i would certainly be interested in learning more about this as i am always keen to learn more about how the body processes calories, hence how i have learned what i already know.

A little bit of info on how you use calories....

Time Frame

Once food is consumed, your body either uses calories as energy to fuel your body, or stores these calories in fat cells to be called upon at a later time. Dr. David Katz, reports in "O, the Oprah Magazine," that the body begins to store consumed calories as fat within four to eight hours from the beginning of the meal. As you consume these calories, the body automatically stores the first 1,000 calories within the liver and muscles for immediate energy reserves. This calorie storage is known as glycogen. Once the glycogen calories are utilized for energy, the body then activates stored calories within fat cells, known as triglycerides, to replenish the depletion of glycogen calories.

Read more: How Long Does It Take For Excess Calories To Turn To Body Fat? | LIVESTRONG.COM
A

So it is pretty much immeadiate then, or in the first 8-10 hours at least?

A little bit of info on how you use calories....

Time Frame

Once food is consumed, your body either uses calories as energy to fuel your body, or stores these calories in fat cells to be called upon at a later time. Dr. David Katz, reports in "O, the Oprah Magazine," that the body begins to store consumed calories as fat within four to eight hours from the beginning of the meal. As you consume these calories, the body automatically stores the first 1,000 calories within the liver and muscles for immediate energy reserves. This calorie storage is known as glycogen. Once the glycogen calories are utilized for energy, the body then activates stored calories within fat cells, known as triglycerides, to replenish the depletion of glycogen calories.

Read more: How Long Does It Take For Excess Calories To Turn To Body Fat? | LIVESTRONG.COM
A

Bought some lemons at the shop this morning. Going to give it a try over the weekend. I'm a bit worried that it might give me a sore tummy though lol.

Paul_Farnham_uk said:

Lol sounds great :D

Back