Not sure if its helped but thought id share :)

I've been drinking lots NAS apple and blackcurrant squash with a 1/4 of a lemon juiced and left in the glass every day. It is soooooo much tastier than normal juice! Lush! Hope it helps.

Am having 1 lemon a day like this so not too sure if that's enough. Someone at work told me you shouldn't have too many lemons a day cos of all the citric acid. What do you guys think?

Going to squeeze some on my fish later as I'm frying it - yummmmmmy :) x

After switching to lemonade instead of cola and adding lemon juice I'm pleased to report a 3.8lb loss.

I generally lose 2-3lb a week but I've had to weigh in a day early due to going away and I'm fairly certain I'd have hit over 4lb loss if I'd weighed tomorrow :)

I have just found this thread, but interestingly, I have added pink grapefruit to my diet this week and I lost 3lb. Maybe it's along the same lines, it's lush with banana and ml yoghurt for breakfast.

3106Catherine said:
After switching to lemonade instead of cola and adding lemon juice I'm pleased to report a 3.8lb loss.

I generally lose 2-3lb a week but I've had to weigh in a day early due to going away and I'm fairly certain I'd have hit over 4lb loss if I'd weighed tomorrow :)

That's great Catherine :) really pleased for you :D

2lb loss for me. very happy with that as ive been 0.5 here and there for wks.
A combination of the lemon juice and purely red days (minus last Friday which was a gone to pot day) me thinks.
Am definately carrying on with project lemon!!!
Rach

Lost 1.5 even with a few off plan days over the weekend! Think it must be all the lemon juice. I'm definitely going to keep it up x

Hey everyone, go to Aldi and buy the everyday diet lemonade...its 18p for a 2 litre bottle!!! I expected it to taste rank but its actually nice, even better with lemon juice in (3 for 55p from aldi!) :)

So hav to try this! lemon water before breakfast n before tea, Even grateing lemon zest on my fruit n yoghurt! Il report bak... If i hav a loss that is :p

Its a lot better for your teeth than Diet coke or any other form of coke btw as they contain Phosphoric Acid which is a lot lot stronger than Citric acid and besides if you are concerned about it brush your teeth after every class of lemon water / lemonade. simples! *squeak*

Too much can damage your teeth.Erodes the tooth enamel.Same as too much fruit juice.
But I don't think having 1 lemon a day will harm you.

I have been having rough week this week too dusty, i started cycling this weekend just gone and was also naughty on Saturday as i tend to allow myself a treat day then but come monday i had a gain of 5lb since my weigh in on Saturday and to say the least was shocked so have been fighting with it all week and am pleased to say finally this morning i am back to my weigh in weight so hoping for some sort of loss by saturday morning!

So i get the feeling that the benefits of the lemon / lemonade may be limited and so it might only encorage a good loss every couple / few weeks so i have decided to balance the books so to speak and will be having water at work and lemonade at home in the evenings so i get the benefit of both.

Boo week 2 completely virtuous and tons of lemon -1/2 *sulk*

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
Its a lot better for your teeth than Diet coke or any other form of coke btw as they contain Phosphoric Acid which is a lot lot stronger than Citric acid and besides if you are concerned about it brush your teeth after every class of lemon water / lemonade. simples! *squeak*

Sorry got to jump in here.
No don't brush your teeth after lemon! That's when you do the damage, you need to change the PH in your mouth first so eat something ( not fruit as its still acidic), try tea (with milk), yogurt or whatever and then brush x

But toothpaste is alkaline isnt it? and therefore wouldnt it neutralise the acid?

Sorry got to jump in here.
No don't brush your teeth after lemon! That's when you do the damage, you need to change the PH in your mouth first so eat something ( not fruit as its still acidic), try tea (with milk), yogurt or whatever and then brush x

Paul_Farnham_uk said:

Brushing your teeth after eating or drinking something acidic is actually the WORST thing you could do to your tooth as it really increases the risk of enamel erosion.

Ok well there you go you learn something new every day!

thanks for the correction Shirl

So having read that page which Shirleen just linked the best thing to do is chew gum and allow your saliva to neutralise the citric acid.

Back