Not sure if its helped but thought id share :)

and drink it through a straw! limits the contact with your teeth.

rjg123 said:
and drink it through a straw! limits the contact with your teeth.

Ha ha my bests friends mum is a dentist so her house is FULL of straws. My friend is always telling me off for not having them x

thought id share this recipe, its my absolute fave rice recipe and it has lots of :) lemon in.
Hope im ok to share it, its actually a jamie oliver recipe, and we all know what hes like with his olive oil, so its slightly adapted so that its ok for SW...

Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
250 g mixed long grain and wild rice
A few sprigs of fresh basil & mint & parsley
1 roasted red pepper
1/2 a fresh red chilli optional
1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil optional 6syns

Roast your red peppers. Cook rice according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, pick all the herb leaves off the stalks. Finely chop the roasted peppers. Halve, deseed and finely chop your chilli.
Put your rice into a big serving bowl. Finely chop your herb leaves and add them to the bowl, together with the peppers and chilli. Zest over your lemon, and add olive oil. Taste, add salt and pepper if you think it needs it, and serve.

Jamie_Oliver_s_Rice_Salad-0-l.jpg

Fresh herbs work best, and the more the better in my opinion. also the lemon in it is lovely and i always end up adding loads more.
The olive oil is 6syns, and i think it is worth it, i normally eat about a quater of the rice on top of a dish of lettuce - it goes lovely - so thats then only 1.5 syns. you could also bulk it up by adding more pepper/chilli or anything else really.

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh im defo going to try lemon and water as i have been struggling with my stomach and feeling bloated all time. Im defo going to try as i am a very slow loser of weight with anything between 0.5 and 1.5lbs a week with biggest lost 4lbs which was in first week.
Thanks for this tip
xx

Had a break from the lemons last week and started again this week. Another 2.5lbs off! Will be carrying on with a week with and then a week without. Anyone else noticing any other benefits from lemons? My skin is alot clearer! Also my eczema that had flared up has improved. xx

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
I have been having rough week this week too dusty, i started cycling this weekend just gone and was also naughty on Saturday as i tend to allow myself a treat day then but come monday i had a gain of 5lb since my weigh in on Saturday and to say the least was shocked so have been fighting with it all week and am pleased to say finally this morning i am back to my weigh in weight so hoping for some sort of loss by saturday morning!

So i get the feeling that the benefits of the lemon / lemonade may be limited and so it might only encorage a good loss every couple / few weeks so i have decided to balance the books so to speak and will be having water at work and lemonade at home in the evenings so i get the benefit of both.

I fear this too :( oh well it was nice while it lasted lol might give it another week see how it goes, see how everyone else finds week 2 :)

I dont think we should rely on one particular thing for our weight loss so Paul continue being good with sw and with or without lemons you will continue to have amazing losses :)

Roziee said:
I dont think we should rely on one particular thing for our weight loss so Paul continue being good with sw and with or without lemons you will continue to have amazing losses :)

Quite. I'm a big believer in variety because it keeps your metabolism on high alert. When I was losing all the time I chopped and changed about as much as I could and did various weeks with a different challenge. They all produced very positive results.

I lost 2.5lb last week! So 6lb in 2 weeks.. carrying on as I'm addicted to lemon in my coke and on salad. But I'm sticking to plan too so maybe its coincidence? Who knows!

fatbgone said:
I lost 2.5lb last week! So 6lb in 2 weeks.. carrying on as I'm addicted to lemon in my coke and on salad. But I'm sticking to plan too so maybe its coincidence? Who knows!

So how many lemons are you having per day?

2lb on *week, so I'm pretty happy! Definitely think the lemons have helped.

MadameLaMinx said:
So far we have people on fresh, people on bottled/jif and people having lemonade. Whatever is most convenient for you!

Thank you ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Roziee said:
Fatbegone drinks lemon juice like its water :giggle:

Lmao...

I have on average 2 fresh lemons a day. I slice it in half and squeeze half over my salad and the other half in my drink that I'm sipping while I eat my dinner.

If I'm out for the day I squeeze a lemon into 2litres of water :)

I'm addicted now.. and its saving me loads of syns on salad cream etc as I use lemon juice instead! Yay!

Don't think anything will help me this week. Spent two days in london for work and didn't have as much access to my lemon water, plus i drank my weight in beer and its my * week. Don't even think getting back on track today and re-adding my usual lemon intake will save me this week!

Hope everyone else is good :)

Back