o my god! o my god!

hennyhamster

Silver Member
o my god! o my god! sorry if this should be in sticky but i am absolutely appalled after reading the syns in a jacket potato from wetherspoons! Can't believe you'd be better off having their chips! I've put this here to make sure everyone know this before sabotaging their weight loss! :busted::busted:

what are the syns? and why are they synned?

x

yuck. I can't imagine anyone frying a jacket spud. Sounds revolting.

I do occasionally cook a jacket potato in the microwave, and then roast it with a bit of spray oil, but to be swimming in grease sounds unappetising. Surely they would be rock hard on the outside??

someone should write to wetherspoons and complain if they do cook them like that, is hardly a healthy way to cook a jacket potato.

By using the syns calc and accounting for the free potato content then a jacket with baked beans is

20½ Syns on Extra Easy
20½ Syns on Green
31 Syns on Original
without butter salad dressing it's

15 Syns on Extra Easy
15 Syns on Green
25½ Syns on Original

Ive noticed in the directory almost every thing in Wetherspoons is way over the syns of anywhere else.
Dont have it to hand but seem to remember a burger from there is twice the syns of a Mcdonalds 1/4 pounder with cheese and doesnt even weigh as much!!!

Holy woah that's high!

Their supreme loaded nachos are 85 syns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just trying to work out where i read it lol- they are synned because apparently they fry them!

They not only fry them, they syringe oil into the potatoes as well (to crisp up the skin) they work out to over 30 syns each I believe......Ouch!!!!

Umm, not sure if they have a different 3 bean chilli but...

J D Wetherspoon Five Bean Chilli Nachos per serving[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
70 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 70 Syns
green.gif
Green 70 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Umm, not sure if they have a different 3 bean chilli but...

J D Wetherspoon Five Bean Chilli Nachos per serving[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
70 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 70 Syns
green.gif
Green 70 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

it isnt the chilli nachos, it comes with boiled rice and a couple of tortilla chips. I saw a picture someone posted off it. Was perhaps on facebook.

Back