o my god! o my god!

J D Wetherspoon Five Bean Chilli with Yellow Basmati Rice & Tortilla Chips per serving

extraeasy.gif
4½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 25½ Syns
green.gif
Green 4½ Syns

Its this one thats low syns, also includes the Tortillas

As for emailing them if they reply let me know, I emailed & wrote snail mail to the spoons HQ 6 weeks ago re JPs and how they were cooked and havent had a response

Since the classic burger is 60.5 syns at 1200 cals and 61g of fat i'd hate to think how many are in the gourmet burger with 1800 cals and nearly 105g of fat!

J D Wetherspoon Five Bean Chilli with Yellow Basmati Rice & Tortilla Chips per serving

extraeasy.gif
4½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 25½ Syns
green.gif
Green 4½ Syns

Its this one thats low syns, also includes the Tortillas

As for emailing them if they reply let me know, I emailed & wrote snail mail to the spoons HQ 6 weeks ago re JPs and how they were cooked and havent had a response

yep that is the one. All of it is free apart from the tortillas I believe, which is where the 4.5 syns are.

But my lord what are they putting in the burgers? Lard??????

I have a friend who is a manager at Wetherspoons, going to ask her why the food is so high and how its all cooked.

I'm pretty sure its cooked off site, sent in and then microwaved though!

I have a friend who is a manager at Wetherspoons, going to ask her why the food is so high and how its all cooked.

I'm pretty sure its cooked off site, sent in and then microwaved though!

Mmmmmm re-heated microwave poop! :8855:

A jacket with beans comes out at a whopping 624kcals per portion
since there isnt much they can do with the beans and you get one large serving spoon full its must be the spuds !

Yep quite a lot of spoons stuff is reheated brought in cooked

OMG that is terrible. I know their meals were always loads of WW points & I used to wonder why - Why would you deep fry a jacket pot?????

I cannot see how they are deep fried or injected with oil, as there is zero oil/fat on your plate when you have one? I mean none at all, unlike the chips which leave that oily film behind.

well a 180g potato is approx 250 calories. I am presuming it is quite a large potato, so possibly slightly more calories than that.

then half a tin of baked beans is about 240 calories. If I bump the jacket potato up to 300 calories that takes you to 540 calories. Any salad it comes with will also have calories, probably no more than 70 calories. Which then take you up to 610 calories.

So going by that, It doesnt look like it is cooked in oil. But doesnt explain why it is so high in syns. :S

There has to be something that they do to food which is reverse fat reducing!!!!

I thought Jacket potatoes were free on EE i always have aJacket potatoe with beans as a quick tea on EE....:confused:

Am i wrong?????

If you cook your jacket potato in the microwave or the oven without adding oil as Wetherspoons apparently do - then it is indeed Syn Free on Green & EE.

I thought Jacket potatoes were free on EE i always have aJacket potatoe with beans as a quick tea on EE....:confused:

Am i wrong?????

no no no.. when oven/microwaved cooked by ourselfs there 100% free dont worry x

I have now decided Wetherspoons are evil!

:D Oh Thank god ..... Panicked because I was eating one with beans ham and a spoonful of coleslaw as i read it lol ...... Thank you :D

Good grief, I'm so glad I read this thread. If I ever end up eating there I know I'll have the 4.5syn chilli. We rarely eat there now though. Used to feel righteous when I was a student eating a JP there.

I am going to miss Wetherspoon though - their chocloate fudge cake is divine (well to me anyway) but is a whopping 41 syns...

Never again - Weight Watchers desserts for me...

Back