O/T Renewal of Wedding vows?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LizzMB, 14 July 2009 Social URL.

1. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    my DH and i have been married 5 years in october...and i hated my original wedding day (apart from the service obviously)....but its always been something i have wanted to do...

So i just wondered what your opinions are?

I was thinking about just have something on a friday night with DH, me and possibly DD involved....just us and a vicar, and then a couple of snaps and then a intimate meal out afterwards....

I also wondered about whether its wrong to do this as a surprise for DH...we have both discussed it before so i know he would be equally as happy as i would be....i can just mentally see him coming home to an outfit layed out as if just for dinner....then lots of candles at the church, quick blessing, and then out for dinner somewhere quiet...

I'm wabbling now....lol....can you tell i'm confused about what to do? lol

Gut tells me to go for it, it wont exactly cost much, just a donation to the church and then the meal really....

ooohhh, HELP!!!

I've always wanted to look slim and pretty on my wedding photo's...and it feels like this could be a way of erasing the fat bride that was 5 years ago!

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Me and DH got married in a registry office, but we weren't really happy with this once we joined a church, so after 3 years we went ahead and had a marriage blessing. We bought new rings because we had rushed out and bought our other rings as we arranged our wedding in 10 days, so this time we picked rings we really wanted and had our blessing in church with vows that we mean, and it was really nice, we did invite family and I was 6 months pregnant with our number 2, but it really did mean more to us than our original wedding 3 years earlier. I say go for it, but make it what you want it as you cannot keep going back and doing it again... (well I guess you can, but it would mean less).

4. Nellyphant

Nellyphant Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.93%)
    Go for it! I'd love to do it with my DH, I was overweight but not like now but for me it's just another way to show how much I love him and what he means to me (slushy enough! LOL!)

5. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Its our 7th Anniversary on Sunday and for our 10th we're gonna have our vows read again, as quite simply i loved the day :D and wanna do it all again and LOVED saying the vows

Go for it!!!

Your hubby will be happy you're happy ;)

6. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I was (funnily enough) the same weight when I was married as I am today. It was a lovely day and I really enjoyed it but I wish I had felt a bit more attractive; I like the photos, but wasn't a stunning bride. Had to work hard at other elements to make it 'stunning' (like having a red velvet dress!)

I have every intention of renewing our vows barefoot on the beach, in a tiny thin strappy dress.

So yes, I'd say go for it....I'm not sure I'd surprise husband with it though; would he not enjoy being involved in the planning, the whole event?

7. EllieMellie

EllieMellie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.65%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    You know your husband! Would he like the surprise? I like it's a lovely idea and you will be a beautiful (born again) bride! xx

8. Julie Williams

Julie Williams Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Aw sounds lovely and dead romantic bet your hubby would love getting married to a slimmer and more confident version of the woman he fell in love with and married the first time. Listen to me being an old romantic!!! Go for it you only live once xxx

9. Scottishmum

Scottishmum Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(29.67%)
    I want to do this too!!!! :sigh:

We're going to Las Vegas next year and will be 10 years married in October. When I mentioned it to DH he said "I married you once didn't I". Huh swine! I'm organising it anyway, he'll love it once we're there.:rolleyes:

10. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    seems the church need us both there to discuss it so wont be able to be the surprise i wanted :(
    But think we're still gonna do it!
    x

11. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I think thats a wonderful idea.. Go for it!!!!
    I have been married 10 years next year..... would love to do something like that with my boys there too!!!
    xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.