O/T Why do I waste my breath!!!

I have to admit that I never give a cheque option. PP or nothing.
Cheques are pain.

There again, I have to admit that as a buyer, I do tend to 'forget' to read all the fine details:eek:

As for snipers. I've used a few, but now settled on the one on goofbay as I love goofbay :D

Starlight my starting prices are low I agree but even if I get just the starting price I still make a profit (I'm great at searching out the really good wholesale items!).
This latest woman (the one I'm ranting about) just got the deal of a lifetime...when was the last time you got a brand new bennaton (I can't spell) top for £0.99? I've sent her an e-mail stating that she will have to pay within 24hrs or I will report her as a non payer, so she will get a strike showing on her account which as far as I'm concerned is worse than any negitive feedback she can leave me. Don't ebay have the power to remove neg feedback if it is unjust (think I read it somewhere)? What can she neg feedback me for...telling her to read properly next time before bidding?:D

Starlight my starting prices are low I agree but even if I get just the starting price I still make a profit (I'm great at searching out the really good wholesale items!).
This latest woman (the one I'm ranting about) just got the deal of a lifetime...when was the last time you got a brand new bennaton (I can't spell) top for £0.99? I've sent her an e-mail stating that she will have to pay within 24hrs or I will report her as a non payer, so she will get a strike showing on her account which as far as I'm concerned is worse than any negitive feedback she can leave me. Don't ebay have the power to remove neg feedback if it is unjust (think I read it somewhere)? What can she neg feedback me for...telling her to read properly next time before bidding?:D

Your stuff is fabulous, wish I could bid for some of it. Glad youre making a profit I was just amazed at your starting prices - some brilliant bargains

Ebay can remove a neg but they very very rarely do. I think the rules have changed a wee bit now sellers cant neg, dont quote me but I think if someone does get a strike any neg they leave would be removed... course I might be making that up :giggle:

Cant believe some people dont pay for a 99p item immediately its mad!!!

i am on the forums :)

in my buyer id, i gave up my selling when all these changes started..

I never liked the fact that sellers weren't made to leave feedback first as the buyers bit of the transaction was completed first surely the speed that they pay is all that they can be judged on, no?
I won't be impressed if she negs me for repeating what was clearly stated in my ad! What would impress me even less is the fact that I also state that there is no need for neg feedback as everything can be sorted if there is communication (shouldn't this include reading the ad first!...I'm not bitter...honest!:D).

I've been selling on Ebay since 2001. Yes, it is infuriating that people don't read your aucion terms, or choose to ignore them, but the power is all in the buyer's hands these days, as the others have said.

I've given up chasing late payers, really... it causes me more stress and annoyance than it's worth. Most people pay within 3 days, which is what I request. I don't think you're at all unreasonable asking for checkout/contact withn 24 hours but whether or not people *should* respect your rule, most people *won't* and I'm afraid I've given up trying to enforce it - it causes me more headaches than having a few *outstanding* tags on my spreadsheet. 3 days is pretty standard as an Ebay request for contact, in any case.

Like a lot of other people, I ditched the payment by cheque option years ago and I now add a tag asking for no echeques, either - complete pain in the neck! Paypal/instant payment is the way to go for a quiet life. And also in the interest of a quiet life, I never end auctions in the week before payday for most people - you don't get as good a price and payments are always slower.

Some people do need some manners and more consideration but me getting upset with stress (which I can remember doing) over things I can't control isn't going to change them. Ebay really put the nail in the coffin for seller's rights with their 'no negative feedback' policy and it's a buyer's world. My feedback dropped from a straight 100% for 7 years to 99.5% recently over ONE neutral left 10 months ago by a buyer who hadn't read the description properly...not fair is it?

But hey ho ... money's money. Best feeling is making money out of those old bigger clothes, isn't it? How fabulous does it feel to be buying somethng fabulous in a smaller size out of the profits of our old gear? :):):)

i know :(

and me as a buyer now dotn worry about paying for an item ive won, i mean i can easily just say i dont want it now etc.. (i wouldnt) but so many buyers are doing this, and i have read buyers asking for a partial refund or they will leave neg feedback etc even though nothing wrong with the item.. its gone terrible on there, and also the fact ebay hides bidders id's so any seller can bid on their own item with another id to push the price up, so thats stopped me from bidding aswell as many others, i just stick to bin now.

Ah but you need to remember if you buy and dont pay youll still get a strike on your account and 3 strikes and youre out. The new rules do certainly mean people can, as kelly is finding out, ignore the T&C laid out by a seller and just pay when they can be bothered.

And you cant file a NPB claim until 7 days after the auction ends and most buyers will be well aware of that :(

Best feeling is making money out of those old bigger clothes, isn't it? How fabulous does it feel to be buying somethng fabulous in a smaller size out of the profits of our old gear? :):):)
They aren't my old clothes that I'm selling, I bought them wholesale from another ebayer who couldn't be bothered to break up the black sacks of clothes they had. All the clothes I'm selling are in sizes I hope to get into one day soon and I actually really like most of them but I have to remember I bought them to sell for profit and not to pad my new wardrobe with!:D

Be carefull kelly ebay are kicking private sellers off that sells over a certain amount as they are classed as business :(

Be carefull kelly ebay are kicking private sellers off that sells over a certain amount as they are classed as business :(
Does anyone else get the impression that ebay has gone a bit power mad?
Maybe I should do what that guy in Australia did and just sell everything I own in one shot just to stop myself get penalised! LOL

I would state in all my ads that payment must be made within 24hrs ...I've made myself very clear that I will report anyone as a non payer if they don't abide by this rule, [\quote]

I thought you had to wait 7 days before reporting a non paying bidder anyway. TBH 24 hours seems a bit strict BUT if they've been able to email you in that time they should be able to pay. Not everyone is around at the end of an auction to pay immediately, though.

Try ebay community for more advice.

oh and have you seen the new search? lol what a disaster, we got an option to opt out for the time being but its taking over soon :( its horrid!

oh and have you seen the new search? lol what a disaster, we got an option to opt out for the time being but its taking over soon :( its horrid!
God is that an actual ebay thing??? I thought it was my computer playing up! LOL.
I just got an e-mail back from her full of apologies...guess what...she didn't read it properly!:sigh:

Back