Oat so Simple - No longer a HE!?

NeenZee

Hey guys,

I'm seriously panicking. I saw on another SW forum that Oat so Simple is no longer a healthy Extra.

Can someone please confirm? I'll be a bit gutted seeing as I've just bought 40 sachets! :cry:

Hi hun

I have just had a look on the official sw website for you under healthy extras and it does list some branded porridges but not the Oat So Simple ones.

It also states you can have 35g porridge oats (unflavoured) as 1 healthy extra B choice.
If you have the plain sachets and they are no more than 35g then I don't see why you can't have them (maybe someone else may be able to explain).

I also noticed there is a list of new added healthy extras as well as ones which have been removed and it does not mention Oat So Simple.

Here are the porridges which have been removed:

• Dorset Cereals Fruity Porridge, Cranberry & Raspberry
  • Dorset Cereals Simply Porridge
  • Ready Brek, any variety
I hope this information helps.

Love Stacey xxx

Last edited:
The sachets are only 27g and do not have enough fibre to count on their own. That's why you were supposed to have a ryvita or scan bran with it.

The Oat so Simple is definitely not a HExB any more - our C highlighted this at group on Tuesday.

She mentioned that "Scots" is now a HExB though, or like Mrs W said you can have 35g plain porridge oats.

Last edited:
Hi hun

I have just had a look on the official sw website for you under healthy extras and it does list some branded porridges but not the Oat So Simple ones.

It also states you can have 35g porridge oats (unflavoured) as 1 healthy extra B choice.
If you have the plain sachets and they are no more than 35g then I don't see why you can't have them (maybe someone else may be able to explain).

I also noticed there is a list of new added healthy extras as well as ones which have been removed and it does not mention Oat So Simple.

Here are the porridges which have been removed:

[*]Dorset Cereals Fruity Porridge, Cranberry & Raspberry
[*]Dorset Cereals Simply Porridge
[*]Ready Brek, any variety

I hope this information helps.

Love Stacey xxx

Hi there I noticed you said you looked at the healthy extra list on sw website, I can't see it so can you let me no what section its in please? Thanks

Hi there I noticed you said you looked at the healthy extra list on sw website, I can't see it so can you let me no what section its in please? Thanks

Go into the food diary and open it up for today. Then using the tabs along the top, select "Healthy Extra's". Select either A or B, the type of food (i.e. cheese, milk, cereals, bread, cereal bars, etc.) and you will be given a box with a drop down list containing all of the options for that food group that are classed as a Healthy Extra.

It's actually a lot cheaper to buy a bag of oats. Then weigh them into 35g bags.

Probably depends of the type of oats, some are more volumous than others. I know from past experience that my enthusiasm for weighing stuff does not last, so I find using the measuring cups a great help with portion control.

Back