Off track/ill

samjay123

Silver Member
Hi all. Im convinced my immune system has been lowered due to no fruit and little veg (therefore lack of vitamins). I've got a virus, common cold, a bad chest etc. It's been so bad ive had to take two days off work, which is something I never do. I've started taking multivitamins now. Everyone(including myself) keeps telling me to eat plenty of fruit, veg and other good food. So I have, and I've had chocolate and bread and salted butter. Basically LOADS of sugar lol. I do feel a bit better today. So tomorrow I will get back onto dukan and I can't wait to exercise again. Usually going off track like this would cause me to change to a different diet, I don't know why. But I've kept reading all your threads. And its kept me positive. I know that Dukan works for me and in the long run I'll keep the weight off. :)

A multi-vitamin is a good idea anyway. I would say I actually have far more vitamins nowadays as I eat plenty and a variety of vegetables. For example Red peppers are high in Vitamin C and spinach is a rich source of vitamin A (and especially high in lutein), vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, manganese, folate, betaine, iron, vitamin B2, calcium, potassium, vitamin B6, folic acid, copper, protein, phosphorus, zinc, niacin, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids!! Hope you feel better soon and I wish you every sucess with your weight loss.

There's no need to skimp on veg on the diet - and there is no nutritional essential in fruit which can't be found in abundance in veg!

Thanks for you replies. Will stock up on plenty of veg in variety. Sometimes when starting something new, doubts come from.anywhere. Thanks again

Back