Oh-Amy's Diary

Well, I lost 1lb! It's better than nothing, I know, but I was hoping for slightly more. I've got a funny feeling it's my star week coming up and last time I gained 2lb the week before so here's hoping.

:)

Had a mixed up day, mix2match maybe?! I'm not sure.

B: Beans on toast (HexB)
L: Pasta 'n' sauce, bowl of yoghurt with raspberries & pineapple
D: Homemade burgers with sprinkling of cheese (HexA), SW chips, salad.
Syns:
4 x 1tsp sugar in tea = 4.0
1 x digestive = 3.5
Freddo = 4.5
Total: 12 :D

I'm going out for a chinese meal tomorrow evening and plan on ahem, flexi synning it. Generally, me and my friends go out drinking over the weekend - both nights so I'm guessing that whatever I eat can't possibly be as much damage as that. I'm also intending on having chicken chow mein which is 1 syn on a green day if I use the chicken as one of my HexB? I'd probably actually syn it as 2 as they probably will use a fair bit of oil.

Any ideas as to how many syns in chicken satay? Nyom nyom. :p;)

Well done on your loss especially with it being near to your * week. Enjoy your Chinese Amy ~ I always go for the chicken chow mein too, doesnt feel like your on a diet does it? lol xx

*head brick wall*

Will I ever learn?

In the past 24 hours, I've managed to consume 2 pieces of white toast, a McDonalds meal and a chinese. :(:(:(

I'm going out pubbing/clubbing this evening so not much hope. It's almost like because I know I've lost a lb, my brain thinks 'ah you can do whatever you want now.' which is rubbish. Does anyone else do stupid things like this?

All the fuffing time hun, I've learnt to control it in the week but "it" still tests me massively at weekends!

Enjoy your night out tonight, but get your ass back on plan tomorrow - or else. Hehe xx

Once again, I am utterly disgusted by my... eating/alcohol habits this weekend.

New beginning begins tomorrow. I'm really rubbish, seriously. No wonder I only lose a lb if I'm going to eat rubbish for 4/7 days a week. Meh.

Back on the bandwagon... I've decided to accept that I'm only human and stop beating myself up over something that has already happened. Onwards and downwards!

I'm planning on helping my Mum sort out the garden today, woop. :)

15/4/2009 - Green day

Milk used as 1/2 of HexA in tea throughout day.

B: Beans on toast (1/2 HexB) and bowl of raspberries with fat free yoghurt.
L: Pasta and homemade tomato and onion sauce, sprinkling of cheese. (HexA)
T: Turkey breast (1/2 HexB), loads of new potatoes and a mound of green beans. Bowl of raspberries, a chopped up apple and fat free yogurt with a drizzle of honey.

Syns:
Freddo 4.5
Digestive 3.5
Bag of french fries 4.5
Sugars in tea 3.0

Total: 15.5

Not an awful day but room for improvement! I'm planning on doing atleast half an hour on the Wii Fit today - will let you all know how I get on later!

Last edited:
Well, 1/2lb gain this week but I totally deserve it. :(

I've been eating rubbish and drinking alcohol far too much this week/end so it stops today. It's also been hard as I've been off work for 2 weeks as it's Easter holidays and so I'm a lot less active than usual.

So no more excuses, back to work on Sunday 11am-7pm and hopefully that will help. I also think my body isn't responding well to doing green days, I don't think I've done a red day in over a week so I think it could be time to shake things up a bit. And also remember to measure my HexA out in the morning!

Today's a lazy day as I went out with friends to karaoke last night after WI and it turned into a very drunken affair. Having my last green day today as just eaten beans on toast (ahem, again!) and tomorrow is a new start, officially.

1/2lb gain is brilliant considering you've had two weeks off work. I use holidays as an excuse to eat what I want, so looks like you've done good!!

Today has been pretty good - my first ever Extra Easy day! Any feedback as to if this looks okay would be brilliant as it almost seems too easy... :)

B: Beans on 2 slices wholemeal nimble (HexB) with 3 tsps of spread (3 syns)
L: Chopped up chicken breast with a mixture of salad leaves, 2 Pagan crackerbreads (4 syns) with a small amount of reduced fat peanut butter (3.5 syns)
T: Homemade shepherds pie with baked beans in, yum yum! With lots of peas and green beans. Just eating pudding now; a bowl of fat free yogurt with a swirl of honey.

HexA: Milk in tea
HexB: 2 slices of wholemeal Nimble
Syn total: 14.5 syns (4 of those 1 x tsp sugar in tea.)

Syns left for rest of the week: 90.5

Staying in tonight which makes a change for a Friday night, it'll do me good though to have a good sleep and wake up feeling refreshed on a Saturday morning rather than waking up with mascara sticking my eyelashes together 'n' a hangover from hell! ;):D

Last edited:
LMAO!!!!! Sexy fruit, I love it... hahaha.

I'll try that... I was once driving home from supermarket and ended up eating it out the jar with my finger whilst driving!! Thats how much I love it!!!

(goes to hang head in shame....) x

Lol, that just demonstrates pure dedication to the peanut butter - nothing to be ashamed of, maybe SW could create a syn friendly peanut butter?! :D

Well, the past 2 days haven't been exactly virtuous but meh, I'm going to be honest.

Saturday - Extra Easy day

B: Beans on toast (2 syns spread)
L: Pizza Hut :sigh::eek: 2 slices from large pizza and 2 slices of garlic bread with cheese. :( (30 syns?!)
T: M&S tinned chicken curry (5 syns) with rice.
Drinks: Far too many Archers and lemonades, 1 glass bucks fizz.
HexA: Milk
HexB: Bread

Sunday - Extra Easy day

B: 2 Alpen light bars (HexB)
L: Bowl of supernoodles (3.5 syns), wotsits (5.5 syns), banana, Freddo (4.5 syns)
T: Chicken Kiev, mashed potato, green beans and peas.

It's almost as if the weekend comes and I think 'let's go crazy' when I need to accept that I'm never going to get very far if this carries on being a routine. :cry:

I can't always start again on a Monday which seems to be the case. I sometimes feel it's particularly hard at my age, as my social life revolves around going out, drinking alcohol, clubbing, etc.

It's no excuse though. I need to do this for me.

Well you'll all be pleased to know that it appears *touch wood* that I'm back on the straight and narrow(er)!

Red day - Tuesday 21st April

B: 2 x toast (HexB)with jam & spread (3 syns) tea (2 syns = sugar)
Sn: Banana and an apple, 2 cocktail sausages (2 syns)
L: 4 chicken kebabas, green beans. Mullerlight.
Sn: A digestive biscuit (3.5), cup of tea (2 syns)
T: 2 homemade burgers - possibly (HexA) cheese on top, SW wedges (HexB) with some salad, chopped up red onion, peppers, etc. :)

I'm going to the cinema with a friend this evening so going to buy a big bottle of water and aim to drink lots of that rather than nibbling. :D

Thanks for the support Weemo - you're a star! ;)

Red day - 22/04/09

B: 2 x Nimble (HexB), 3 pieces of bacon with visible fat removed. Bowl of pineapple & mullerlight yogurt.

L: Baked chicken breast and salad, bag of french fries, Mullerlight and apple.

Sn: Banana

T: Something with mince... Any ideas, guys?!x

Syns:
6 sugars = 6syns
3 cocktail sausages = 3syns
5 Quorn dippers = 2.5syns
French fries = 4.5syns
Total: 16.0syns :D Not bad.

Any ideas as to what to make with this beef mince? I had burgers last night but not sure if I fancy them again! Thanks, in anticipation... :)

Last edited:
Back