Ok here goes, my journey

just catching up with you - hope your feeling better lots of bugs around at the moment so take care and keep on eating all good dukan stuff ;) xxx

What a bloomin miserable day !!!!

The cats are driving me mad, going in & out with their muddy paws arrrrggghhhh !

Well last night I admit I really really wanted some "crap" food. Don't know why last night I struggled as I didn't succumb last weekend so why did I want to last night. I didn't but I think it was only because TDM was there, if he'd gone out as planned I'm sure I would have had a slip up.

PP day today

B 2 poached duck eggs, 3 rashers of bacon & some Dukan bread. 2 cups of tea Not keen on the bread, wished id not had it & saved my bran for muffins.
L sf jelly, not hungry
D rest of the mince flan

No water yet !!!! Best get some down me.

I have been sorting out my clothes this morning. Packing up my size 20's to either go on eBay or charity shop. Got my size 16's ready, hopefully in a month or so I'll be fitting into some of them.

TDM asked me what my goal is today & although my TW is my ultimate goal I have 2 short term ones.

1 to get to be 14 something which I'm hoping in the next 2 weeks I'll achieve that.

2 too be under 200lbs. That might be a few weeks + away yet.

I'm off to fuss Bailey, he's sitting beside me nudging me :)

love your mini goals looks more achievable in small chunks, think ill set myself them for the next 1 1/2 stone, thanks will use that idea x

Pauline, I don't think we are allowed duck eggs BUT it's all we had in so as I didn't blow it last night eating rubbish I allowed myself a little treat. Got to be better than binging on crips & chocolate I reckon :)

Found this table - slightly higher in protein but 30% higher in fat. Boo hiss :(

P x

Duck Eggs
Chicken Eggs
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Nutrients[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Units[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Per 100 Grams[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Nutrients[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Units[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Per 100 Grams[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Proximates[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Water[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]70.83[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Water[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]75.33[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Energy[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]kcal[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]185[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Energy[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]kcal[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]149[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Energy[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]kj[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]776[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Energy[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]kj[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]623[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Protein[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]12.81[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Protein[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12.49[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Total lipid (fat)[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]13.77[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Total lipid (fat)[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10.02[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Ash[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]1.14[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Ash[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.94[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Carbohydrate, by difference[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]1.45[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Carbohydrate, by difference[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.22[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Fiber, total dietary[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]0.0[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]Fiber, total dietary[/FONT][FONT=verdana,sans-serif]g[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.0[/FONT]

Just catching up on yesterdays menu, didn't eat an awful lot as I was busy busy busy, felt like i was going to have a panic attack yesterday morning as it's sooooo busy at work 7 i just don't know how I'm going to get it all done.

PP day

B Muffins 2 x cup of tea
L Roast beef & a SF jelly
D yoghurt

3 cups of tea, 1 litre of water, 1 glass of diet coke

Better food day today, eaten more but I've not been feeling great the last few days. Not sure if it's because I'm sooooo stressed at work or whether it's because I've loads going on with friends being in messes & I'm trying to support them & it's all just becoming too much. Work is just crazy at the moment & they just seem to be dumping more & more on me. Today HR told me my team will have to reapply for their jobs, so it means I'll have to interview at least 25 people for 16 jobs :( PANTS !!!!!

PP day as I'm doing PV the next couple of days

B FF yogurt & a cup of tea
L cottage cheese & a sf jelly
S boiled egg
D chicken breast, tofu creme
S muffins

2 litres of water

Hope you are all having a better week than me !

Jojo you need to chill, easier said than done, your wearing yourself thinly you've got a lot on your plate, its not easy to decide who goes and who stays, the matrix/appraisals will decide no wonder you feel a little ill x keep munching on protein don't sway x

Thanks girls, it helps I can vent off on here. I had an appraisal with my boss today & told him I was starting to feel stressed & felt like I was having a panic attack the other day. He admitted he is feeling it to but feels unable to change it. he just said knuckle down, do what you can & rant as much as you like.

I do need to look after myself a bit more though, food wise I have been a bit pants this week. I have had a few dizzy spells too, but I've put that down to me getting up too quickly.

Thankfully we have a long weekend this week :) But I have to get up early Saturday to help a mate who is a WW leader run her class, she is desperate so I said I'd lend her a hand. 8.30am kick off though !!!! I used to help her before when I did WW.

I also have to be up early Sunday, a friend of mine is going through the fostering process & as I am a regualr visitor i am being vetted :) I feel really sorry for her at the moment as she has been working really hard, seeing a social worker once a week, doing homework, divulging personal stuff to a stranger & is nearly there with it all. She is has adate to go in front of the panel next month. Then last week they had a visit with her son & his family & he basically said he wasn't happy about it & intimated that she would have to choose between fostering or seeing her grandkids !!!!!! The social worker said he came across as selfish & arrogrant, he kept making the point that his mother left school with no qualifications & he went to university. Trying to make out his mother had no intelligence & didn't know her own mind ! The social worker said to him "Who put you through university". Arrrrgggghhhhhh I was so angry, she rang me in floods of tears.

Anyway PV day today, rereading my diary i can see I'm not making the most of these days

B Muffins & FF yoghurt
L Chicken breast & tofu creme
S SF jelly
D Out for dinner tonight so will update later

2 cups of tea so far & very little water !!!!

Must try harder :) Hope you are all having a good day x

Update :( My friend has just rang me. They have pulleded the plug on her fostering due to her son not being supportive. So that's 6 months wasted, not only time & effort but money too. such a waste of everyones time

Last edited:
thats terrible :( we thought about fostering but its such a long process

Oh Jojo that's really sad ... for your friend and the kids that need her :cry:

I hope her jealous son is very pleased with himself.

P x

Do you know what Pauline I don't think it's jealousy I think it's snobbery. He has done very well for himself considering my friend was a single parent & had no support from his father. She's raised him, put him through university & now he has a very good job. Both his children go to private school & he has made the children have elocution lessons so they don't have accents.

The thing is I think he forgets where he came from & that it could have been him put into care. He is mixed race, as you all know years ago there was a stigma about colour & my friend was disowned by her family for having him, they made life very difficult for her & wanted her to hand him over to social services.

I am absolutley livid about it, but have to bite my tongue about what i really think to her as at the end of the day it is her son

Jojo what a sad,sad story. Your poor friend. Her son should be totally ashamed of himself, but by the sounds of it mr.selfish won't batter an eye lid, he has just lost a child a safe caring environment. Which are so badly needed. I don't know how i'd react to that if it ws my son. My friend went through the adoption last year and its stressful and intrusive, but she was lucky and adopted three girls. You sound like a good friend and it sounds like she'll need you now x

Ah Jo sorry to hear about all the stress your going through with work and your friend's problems - your friend is very lucky to have you its such a shame for the children she could have loved if only for a short time - take care love and dont forget to look after yourself too :bighug:

Thanks for your messages, that was really nice of you. I just hope her son comes to his senses but I'm guessing he won't.

So update on yesterday's dinner, I had steak & salad. Was dying to nick one, no a dozen of TDM's chips but he was telling me how well I was doing & how proud he was of me that I resisted. I turn to food when I'm upset, stressed, or bored. So as I've been 2 of those this week I have done well not to pig out.

Today I am away with work & have had a nightmare. Got here & we were put on tables of people we didn't know, however the guy I was sitting next to I did know. He & I were once corresponding on a Internet dating site, before I got together with TDM. Anyway this guy I stopped corresponding with once I found out we worked for the same company & we had a mutual friend. Awkward !!!!!! Don't know if he knew who I was but I certainly knew him. We never met face to face but I recognised him from his picture.

So food has been awful, I've done my best with the choices available but not great.

B turkey rashers & muffins 2 cups of tea.
L chicken skewers coated in a hoisin sauce with a weeny bit of salad I stole from the display.
D Thai green chicken curry with broccoli

3 cups of coffee & 6 glasses of water.

The food was all put on for us, I thought there would be a salad bar or something but nope :( everything else was carb ridden, sandwiches, crisps, cheese, cake, fruit for lunch & lasagne, pasta, pizza, potatoes for dinner. I even gave my bread roll away. Oh I forgot pudding, chocolate fudge cake or profiteroles I had neither.

Oh & there were chocolates on our table & biscuits. I've had none of them.

Just hope the scales are kind again this week !

I forgot to add it was a free bar too & I had water !!!!

Back