Old Clothes

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Yambabe, 16 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    Right, as mentioned elsewhere I am having a wardrobe clearout this weekend.

I'm just after opinions really.

Where are you planning to get your "in-between" clothes from whilst you are still dieting?

It's not worth spending loads on new stuff when you are losing weight fairly quickly (well not in my opinion anyway) so I'm trying to decide what to do with my current castoffs.

Some of them have already been set aside for friends/family to have a pick-through.

I'm thinking about ebay for some of it rather than just taking it to the charity shop, but the thing is although it's reasonable quality and in mostly good condition a lot of my wardrobe is fairly basic supermarket-type stuff.

So I suppose what I'm asking is would you buy cheap 2nd-hand clothes from ebay even if they were cheap in the first place? I'm talking maybe a pound or two per item, plus postage (which is also likely to be around a pound ot two)

It would be nice to get a little bit of cash back, but as there are going to be so many items I don't want to be bothered photographing them and listing them if there isn't going to be a market for them at the end of the day.

Your opinions would be helpful.......

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    I ebay my better stuff, the pile is down to some of the 'cheap' stuff in rather good nick. A quid is a quid, innit, but it is a bit of a punt. May be worth limiting your self to that which you paid decent money or new. I have bought 'cheap' stuff from ebay, if it was something I liked, or something I missed out on in the shop the first time round. But I really won't pay much for it.

It's really odd what sells and what doesn't though. Had one practically new top listed twice so far, but some of the other stuff has gone for daft money. it's really quite unpredictable. Although my frocks and velvet seem to be going down a treat.

Inbetween clothes? Bon Marche (don't laugh) for trousers, as I get through so many pairs on the bike I'm replacing them quite often anyway (Actually got a really nice casual collarless shirt in there too last trip - but you really do have to avoid the crap though), and sizeup (online shop) for tops and bits and pieces. And random stuff from ebay.

I really am not paying proper money for specifically sized clothes at the mo. I'll make do with what I've got, or go cheap.

4. Markyboy

Markyboy Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.43%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Primark for cheap gear ;)

and best way to sell old clothes is probably at a car boot sale

5. joyo

joyo Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I cant fit into Primark clothes yet! QS are cheap or else I dont think you can beat Asda & Tesco for cheapy bits.

As for Ebay - maybe it would be worth selling things in small bundles as opposed to single items.

6. millux

millux Slim for Summer!

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    VLCD/TFR
    I go to New Look for inbetweenies since it's the closest shop to me & it's aaaaalways got a sale on so everything is dirt cheap. I think I'll be altering my really nice clothes (dresses & stuff) to make them smaller, & I'll probably give the rest away, most of my bigger clothes are rubbish/super basic anyway.

7. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    Me neither ;)

8. Maia

Maia Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(25.47%)
    Diet:
    VLCD - TFR
    I just got into them this week.:cool: Had to replace my suit trousers as the crotches on my old ones were getting close to my knees. Everything else will just have to wait - luckily I have some size 16's about (I'm a bit of a squirrel) which will fit very soon.

9. amelia23

amelia23 1lb at a time

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.85%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    you'll probly make more if you bundle your items up!! get some good pics on and don't set too high a reserve (if any at all) things with no or low reserves tend to be bid on more!! listed a dress not so long ago for £40 buy it now and no one wanted it, re listed with no reserve and it sold for £69 plus £5 p&p...seems crazy doesnt it!!!

10. Mrs R

Mrs R Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    09st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.97%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I buy cheap clothes all the time from charity shops - usually the ones in rich areas like Lewes because they are much better quality, also ebay. I certainly can't afford to buy new clothes all the time. There is also a really good second hand shop in my town that sells second hand designer clothes for next to nothing and a shop that sells Indian tops and skirts very cheap.

11. Magggie

Magggie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(30.39%)
    I don't know whats gone on in the last couple of years, but charity shops have slim pickings, worn out stuff that is more expensive 2nd hand !! (primark tops for example)

but then it is Hull :rolleyes:

Maybe I need to go to Ilkley, or Harrogate ;)

12. CHARLEYSANGEL

CHARLEYSANGEL Silver Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim,now maintaining!
    Asda currently have a half price clothes sale, I think it started today.

Clair x

13. Mrs R

Mrs R Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    09st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.97%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Oh yes, the area is everything, if I shopped in Seaford I'd mostly be wearing polyester old lady suits :) Lewes and Brighton are the places to go down here.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.