Omg, stoopid dress shopping!

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
eurgh, well. OH's brother is getting married next month and the colour scheme is ivory and teal.. well. Today i realised that having stupid 34 FF boobs and a size 10-12 waist means that any nice dresses do not fit, eurgh, i found a beautiful dress in phase eight, down from £200 to £65 (i almost died) it was the right cut for me and a lovley teal colour that would have just been perfect. Well.. could i get my boobs in it? not a chance, not even if i crammed em under my armpits, i had to leave it behind and i was bloomin gutted. I am still morning it now. All i can get my boobs in is a size 14, yet all are too baggy round the waist, so i have settled with a beautiful dress from jane norman for £50, which is a very pale cream yellow, with silver stiching and sequinned flowers, its fitted and fits me well, but of corse being jane norman with my boobs its a size 14.. which im a tad pissed about, although i know size is nothin i would have loved to come home with that p.e dress as it was a size 10. grr LOL

anyways, i thought id share my frustration.. the dress i do have is beautiful and fits me like a glove.. however i found a beautiful cluth bag and set of earing, but can i find shoes?! no. Argh!!!!! LOL

and on top of that, the bank rang me today to inform em theyv cancelled my gym membership payment because i obvs forgot and got too carried away shopping this montha dn there wasnt enuf money in my account to pay the direct debit, but when i went to pay it the gym told me i'd have to pay double.. and after spending about £300 all together in the last few days, .. for mty best friends birthday yday.. ( i took her to the zoo, took her out for a meal, and her presenst included night at a spa etc ) and then the dresses today.. im officially poor! .. and membershipless...

and its too friggin hot!!! LOL

Anyways, its just a big rant, so ta for listening! :p

phew missus, let it out ;-)

and you'll love gorge in your new dress !

Image039.jpg

well.. heres me in the changing rooms, so you can see what it looks like! .. weddings not till august 22nd, so i promise il show you the pickys once iv actually been to the wedding and im not wearing socks with it haha

i think the heats making me cranky! LOL

Aww Huni!! At least you have a new dress! Lol
Have you thought about buying a dress (maybe for future reference now), in the larger size, but have it tailored to fit you. There are some dress makers around that could do this for you and most dont cost the earth.

That dress is gorgeous! Check you out you skinny thing you!!...wow!

that is lush, it's dead nice - you look fabbo

( I know this bit is sad) but Rachel in Friends wore one v.similar and I loved it on her too

LOL, i actually thought about that dress that she wore when i bought it. I usually like to buy my dresses from monsoon or debenhams for really special occasions.. but i ahve 3 dresses all orginally £80 quid in my wardrobe and they'r all size 18's. i'v only worn them once! Its so irratating because i abbsoloutly love them and now i really dont know what to do with them! x

*hugs* thanks everyone.. im in such a fould mood.. really must cheer up before OH gets home lol

the woman in monsoon was really rude to me, i tried on a beautiful purple dress ina 14, but it was far too big round the boobs (shockingly?) and baggy round the waist, i asked her to get me a 12, and when i tried it on it fit perfect round the waist but again, my boobs were having none of it.. when i handed them to her she was like ' 12 too small? '

I was a bit shocked and didnt really take in what she'd said untill after i'd left the store. I thought, cheeky *****! mind you she must have been a size 6, and despite fitting comfortably in a size 10 bottoms myself, she made me look massive compared to her, but still :O

and again, that with the heat = a grumpy bum fern LOL

Your dress is lurvely! Don't worry too much about the size thing. I always have the same prob with dresses. Used to be a 34DD. These days (post-babies) they are only a D cup, with size 10 waist, but I usually have to get a size 12 dress.

Good idea from Mrs V about getting a size to fit your boobs, then getting it altered, though. I might do that myself!

And I've just noticed you're only 3lbs from target - well done!!!! xx

Last edited:
Your dress is lurvely! Don't worry too much about the size thing. I always have the same prob with dresses. Used to be a 34DD. These days (post-babies) they are only a D cup, with size 10 waist, but I usually have to get a size 12 dress.

Good idea from Mrs V about getting a size to fit your boobs, then getting it altered, though. I might do that myself! xx

it is yeah, i wish i could get my other dresses taken inbut i dont think i'd be able too as they both have a funny material over them which i think might scag or rip as soon as it were touched?

x

The dress you have is absoloutlely gorgeous, perfect for a wedding! It looks stuuning, as do you in it i must say!

Believe me any good tailor would be able to do it! I had my wedding dress altered from a size 26 to a 16 by a tailor and it cost me £25. I can alter simple things myself, but Im not much of a dress maker. Im now a size 18..my problem isnt my boobs (sadly), its my thighs! I have to buy things to accomodate my thighs and then take the waist in.

sell your size 18's - eBay, or there is a dress swappy thing on here :)

that dress looks fab hon, the first time i slimmed down about 10 years ago i had a gorgous suit from evans (not an elasticated waist in sight) but was a size 22 i paid approx 25 to get it made a lot smaller so it is worth it to get them taken in if you love the dresses

ooo thank you girlies. You lot really do pick me up on days when im feeling a bit poo. i may well look into having those dresses done cause i really do love em.. and they are ones i could wear again. i think i may hold on to them and source a good taylor in the future.. thanks for the advise girlies!

now, im sorry to keep rambleing, but its one of those days.

Stupid oh's come home. his stupid car is gunna cost another £900 on top of the £1200 he paid about 2 weeks ago.. im fuming. Thats my holiday shifted back another few months.. AND then, i wanted to go to morrisons so i could get a chiken and eat a nice salad and somehow he coaxed me into having a late afternoon nap and now its half 7 and he wants to go and get a bloody curry!!!! ... morrisons will be out of cooked chicken and im so hungry i could eat a hoarse.. what the hell do i do :eek: :(

I have bought some fab dresses and also had them taken in by a professional cost £20 per dress well worth the money.

Your dress looks perfect for a summer wedding

LOL, i actually thought about that dress that she wore when i bought it. I usually like to buy my dresses from monsoon or debenhams for really special occasions.. but i ahve 3 dresses all orginally £80 quid in my wardrobe and they'r all size 18's. i'v only worn them once! Its so irratating because i abbsoloutly love them and now i really dont know what to do with them! x

give them to me????!!!! lol

Back