One day at a time!!

Bit disappointed this morning only 2.2lbs down... was hoping to hit & go over my stone today but I'm hoping that its down to ToTM that my weight hasn't moved since sunday! Anyway Hubby is going to hide the scales so that I don't keep scale hopping!

How was the rehearsal Abz? Did you have a good result Bren? x

Having just found my other Atkins books it would appear that I am having too much veg... I've been measuring it in grams but am going to do handfuls & tablespoons like my other book suggests... maybe thats why I've had such a slow weight loss this week!

Treated myself to a lovely glass of red wine last night... just needed it after the day I had yesterday & BOY did it taste lush! I was out like a light too... now I know I'm not allowed it on induction but I'm back on it today... took fresh measurements & have got myself a planner so I can accurately record everything as fitday is great but I'm not sure about the US-UK conversions!

So hopefully this week I'll have a better downwards move!!

Still struggling to deal with the fact my weight hasn't moved for over a week!
Still got ToTM so thats not helping at all!!!! :(

Went onto an Atkins forum & maybe I'm eating too much processed foods, ham, pepperami, babybel... so need to re-think my snacks etc as I maybe be holding onto water weight thru the sodium! :confused:

I am finding breakfasts a struggle as I just don't fancy eggs, meat, fish or cheese for breakfast... am going to order some low carb shakes so I can have one for breakfast.

Just a bit confused as to wether its ToTM thats doing this or something else... didn't expect to stall so early on! :cry:

Aaaarrrgggghhhh!!!!!

hey hon. don't fret. you always stall when you low carb around your second and third weeks. and then you suddenly get a whoosh. if you are following it then it can't fail. just make sure you're drinking gallons of water. and i used to have hard boiled eggs for brekkie. it always did it for me!!

good luck hon. love the photo :D

abz xx

You are welcome!
I know you will get back on track because you want it so much, its easy to slip back into bad habits but i know you wont, i know you will stay positive!
I was going to slimming world a couple of years back and was fed up with losing 1 or 2 lbs a week, so i decided for one week i was going to do atkins (had successfully lost 3stones a couple of years before on it)
At the end of that week i had lost 2lbs!!! I was SO peed off that i had only lost 2lbs!
I think it may have been because of what i was eating, i think peperamis contain glucose? I dont think you are allowed anything with a "ose" at the end of it (something to do with sugar?)
And i was eating smoked sausages from the chippy, i think they have glucose too. For it to really work i think its best if you eat completely natural foods, avoid processed foods as they do contain some nasties that interfere with the lovely fat burning process. I know its extremely difficult to stay off the scales (as when you see it go down it keeps you on track) but rest assured that if you are doing it properly, you cant go wrong.........you must make sure you do the induction phase properly too. We always want what we cant have.........so we need to be happy and satisfied with what we can.
I know you can do this Linzi, and i will be with you every step of the way! :hug99:

hi linzi. i never had a problem with peperamis. other supermarket sausages are a killer though. peperamis have less than 1gram of carbs in i think. also a life saver for me was the cauliflower mash. you can use it instead of pasta, rice or potato in just about everything. you can use it to make a killer cottage pie, but bolognaise sauce (with less tomato than usual) over the top of it. just about anything... you are doing fabulously well. a milky way or two is a minor indiscretion, just keep going and you will get there...

i am at the end of my day one of cd after the wedding and it has been hard. i'm seeing my cdc tomorrow night and i'm going to have gained weight without a doubt so i might ask to not be weighed, just measured tomorrow. will see what she says.

abz xx

Thanks Abz will look into the cauli mash!

I've managed to kick myself out of ketosis but I'm back on it today & think I'm only going to weigh myself once a month... none of this 'pants' weight loss due to totm getting me down!

Hows your day going Abz? Is day two better than day one?
I think your right not to get weighed wait until next time so you get a good result! xx

hi ladies!

Linz it's so great to put a face to you.

What have you all bee up to? Abz how was the wedding?

Bren
X

Hi Linzi,

Do you mind if I join this discussion? I have lost over 40 pounds since April but I have a week long totm plateau every month. Don't worry to much, if your calories are still low then the weight has to come off eventually. :)

Good couple of days so far... just made my first minute muffin it was lush!! Gonna have one for breakfast with some cream cheese have had a bit of a dicky tummy so the last thing I've been fancying in the morning is eggs!!

Got some shakes & some sero bars to get me thru if I need them but won't use them as a matter of course.

Looking forward to trying out some other recipes now too... I'm on course again & it feels fabulous! Think I shall weigh & measure on the 1st of each month so I don't lose my focus if my scales don't move... what do you think??

sounds like a plan if you can carry it off hon. i'm a scale hopper and i know it. i just don't let the numbers 'count' until my weigh in day on a tuesday morning.

are you still juddding as well or are you going for the low carb thing full time?

abz xx

Back