One meal.

Bethyi

I have been 100% for almost three weeks and by now I'm really into the swing of things. I'm worried because at the end of April I have a big do to go to with a sit down meal. I don't want anyone knowing I'm not eating and I'd look a right knob if I was the only one without a plate. I know I will knock myself out of ketosis by doing this and I'll have the pain of hunger once more by eating at the event but I don't want to refeed for a week just for one meal.

I was hoping I could have my shakes up until the day then have one shake on the morning of the event, then have the starter and main (trying to avoid as many carbs as possible) then go back to having my shakes the next day.

I know I will probably put on a bit on that week and I know I'll be making it difficult for myself by doing this, but I can't not go and not eating at all would make me look so vain and silly. I was thinking I could just have the protein and then say I'm full?

Someone please help me through this.

I think the only thing you can do is like you say have some of the meal and say you are full and then get back on the diet the next day. Hopefully by eating a little and mostly protein you won't put on a huge amount, maybe not anything at all if you are lucky ;)
Try not to stress about it and be strong after the event. Enjoy the day :)

I'd say stick to protein, don't give in to temptation on anything else and get straight back on it the next day. Good luck! xx

Will you be drinking???

If you are your best just eating then you come out of ketosis.... If your not..... Use your re-feed sheet and stick to day 1-3 and you'll prob stay in ketosis anyway!!!

I did this a couple of times while on LT..... Just got right back at it the day after!! It is very tough to get back on though!!!!

: ) X

I wont be drinking. Just water. Thank you guys for this. I'm feeling a little better about it now.

Just make good choices and you'll be just fine!!! : )

CHeck out the Atkins allowed list for a bit more variety.... Can you get the menu in advance??

X

You will be fine, I had a meal for Mum's day last Sunday and although Mon was tough it wasn't that bad. Its a mindset and when you are in the right one you will have no prob. Just as you say enjoy the day, you will eat lightly as your appetite will have seriously diminished, I ordered a steak and could only eat a tiny amount, but like the others say, stick to protein. But make sure you enjoy yourself and no guilt trips. Life is too short, its one day and one meal. You will be back 100% the next day so relax and enjoy...

Hi Bethyi

If you read my diary you'll see I did the same. Checked the menu out in advance. Avioded the carbs, drank sparkling water. Nobody at the meal noticed and even better, I still lost that week!!

Back