one step at a time

whats the wall of fame? had no idea you had to sign up i just assumed consultant based it on biggest loss/staying to class

i think each class has its own sotw/sotm but because i dont go to a class but use their website they have the wall of fame that you have to opt into (i think it's because it names you for all members to read and some people may be private about such things - i'd originally not opted in for that reason but at that point didnt know what it was for)

quicky flicky through all diaries i am subscribed to (well, the first couple of pages anyway! not enough time to do this properly before xfactor starts!)

if you want, if you would like to, please join in the october flabfighters challenge! i know some of you have done it already and it's been lovely talking to you on the thread! anyone else who wants to join up for a teeny bit of extra support, please feel free :) link below, just pick a colour, add your name and the amount you wish to lose, and update weekly with any changes! good luck to everyone, and hope you're having a brilliant weekend :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/170932-flabfighters-october-challenge.html#post2868579

quicky flicky through all diaries i am subscribed to (well, the first couple of pages anyway! not enough time to do this properly before xfactor starts!)

if you want, if you would like to, please join in the october flabfighters challenge! i know some of you have done it already and it's been lovely talking to you on the thread! anyone else who wants to join up for a teeny bit of extra support, please feel free :) link below, just pick a colour, add your name and the amount you wish to lose, and update weekly with any changes! good luck to everyone, and hope you're having a brilliant weekend :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/170932-flabfighters-october-challenge.html#post2868579

i feel like i've been spammed!:eek:

I had a good week last week and a busy week this week. Out for a few meals and I’ve allowed myself to choose anything I want off the menu and not feel guilty knowing that as long as I’m sensible 90% of the time then the odd night won’t make much difference in the long term. I have to say though, every time I’ve been out I’ve been sensible with my choices. Not once have I ordered an extra portion of chips (although I may have nicked the odd one of someone else’s plate). Not once have I chosen the deep fried breaded wotnot. I’m enjoying this diet and the food options it offers!

I’m not expecting any huge loss in the morning, my body needs time to adjust after a big drop, but I’m not expecting too much damage either!

Breakfast – bacon and scrambled egg and mushrooms
Snack – a banana
Lunch – leftover risotto (1/2 HEa) and a pear
Dinner – Starter: curried organic parsnip soup – I only say organic as it was stressed to me a number of times! To be honest, my own home version is much better! The main though was amazing! Pork chop with a honey paprika glaze with mash potato and a cannellini bean stew (with peppers, onions and cabbage). When it came I didn’t think there was enough veg so got some roasted root veg. Only ate half the portion. No cake!

No time or room for my nimble

Total – not sure but most likely under 15 syns

As hoped, a STS for me this week!

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana
Snack – some strawberries
Lunch – risotto and a pear
Dinner – ribeye with peppered mushroom sauce (quark), roast carrots, parsnips and potatoes, muffin (10 syns)
Snack – nectarine and some strawberries
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 15 syns

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana
Lunch – mugshot, pear and a nectarine and a curly wurly (6 syns)
Dinner – chicken and mushroom pie (from mag, 1 syn), SW chips and 2 plums
Snack – frozen muller light and frozen grapes
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 12 syns

lol, no, those mugshots are actually a good filler...

the pie is great! def something i'll make again and again! this was one i had in the freezer from last time i made a batch and def suited being frozen, lol

hi why_d, sorry to hear you STS but as you said you had a stonking loss the week before and i imagine you will be getting a good one again this week. Do you find your mobility has improved slightly since you've lost weight? Any bad days health wise? Cos you really seem on top of your game (and long may that continue!)

Hey Donna, expected a STS so not a big issue, i've noticed a bit of a pattern these past number of weeks, if it's anything to go by i'm really only expecting a small loss this weekend also, but only need one pound for my club 10 so would like to get that this week.

as for mobility, my immobility isnt due to size, it's a spinal injury so the weight loss wont really make much difference in that respect. the only real difference is that i have to be strong enough to lift myself up with my arms to move. i can do it, but as i get lighter it'll obviously become that bit easier.

health wise, i've found that the diet has really helped level my blood sugars and although i originally started taking nimble at night to help regulate the sugars i've found that it's not actually needed anymore, that it's really only habit and a way to get my other half of the HEa's.

in other respects, some things have had to be adjusted to suit but all going well so far. actually saw my consultant on fri, we've always clashed on a number of issues, but i think she was actually quite happy (and suprised) with how i'm getting on now that i'm not in hospital. and although weight is always an issue, she didnt spend much time on it, tho i know she noticed i'd lost weight she'd never acknowledged it (tho would have been the first to say if she'd have thought i'd put on, lol). i'd always told her my priority was to get home and back to real life before worrying about weight as it was a much longer term goal. i think she maybe realised, that as with everything i've ever told her, and she disbelieved, that i'm good to my word and do as i say i will

i know much of that ramble made actually no sense without the back story and i'll prob get to that at some point, but to be honest it was more of a wee rant to myself

Today was my first write off day. Could try and claim a flexi syn day but it really wasn’t. It was just a bad day with a bad choice of restaurant. Even have a sore tummy now. Not going to bother listing what I had. There’s no point. I’m just writing it off and starting anew tomorrow.

Last edited:
Today went a bit better.

Breakfast – bacon and scrambled egg and mushrooms
Snack – a banana
Lunch – chicken thighs, a pear and a nectarine and a muller light
Dinner – chicken and veg curry (from last month’s mag, see pic) and saffron rice, a nectarine
Snack – banana bread (10 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 10 syns

38471-albums2721-picture16472.jpg

Yum that curry looks good.
Hope you had a fab time on your meal out - don't worry that you went over, you've been able to start afresh and get right back on track

hehe it is lovely but synarific for all the size of one slice, lol

i like to toast mine as the sugars go all caramelised and you get a bit of a crunch before the nice smooth, soft centre

bahhhh my mouth is watering and i cannot be doing with this!

lol i'm feeling bad now... to be honest, it's disgusting, you'd hate it, lol

Back