one step at a time

it did@knitter, there's some eating in it! lol

thanks harrysmum! try it, it's different! it kind of takes on a milky texture so it you like those wee frozen milk lollies you should enjoy! think i will try again but i'll def unpeel first! lol

I don’t watch much linear TV, if there’s a TV programme I want to watch I tend to Sky+ it and watch at a time and date that suits me. It also means I can skip through any adverts and not get enticed by any nice pretty ones... today I saw an ad for a new Milky Bar with raisin and biscuit... and I’ve been fighting with myself all day to not go out and buy one.. but seriously this sounds like the PERFECT snack.. not quite a Twix, which is the perfect chocolate bar, but VERY, very close, lol I may have to treat myself over the weekend!

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana
Snack - a nectarine
Lunch - Parsnip soup and pineapple
Snack – Orange
Dinner – chicken breast with pasta and veg in a tomato sauce and a frozen muller light
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 5 syns

Was trundling along the local farmers/food market today when I noticed a stall selling ‘The Spice Is Right’ curry blends and promoting the fact that they’re only 1.5 syns per portion . Thought I’d give them a go and SOOOOOO glad I did! The spice blends were perfect and the meal was delish! Having gone through the ingredients and modified the cooking instructions to be SW friendly I don’t actually think there were any syns involved so not going to claim any. I used frylight and fat free yogurt so think I can genuinely claim it as syn free! (please correct me though if you think I’m wrong)

What I will say is that after wolfing down a hearty portion I realised that there were no superfree foods involved so had to force down a peach and an orange in the hopes that they did some good... next time I think I’ll make a veggie curry!

Breakfast – 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb), scrambled egg, ham and a nectarine
Lunch - Parsnip soup, a plum and an orange
Dinner – Chicken Tikka Masala with saffron rice, an orange and a peach
Banana muffin (10 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 15 syns

Feeling awful tonight! Looking like I’ve a UTI but never know about such things until they’re in full grip so feeling totally bloated and if it wasn’t for the paracetamol I’d have a temp that was rocking the very late 30s! Will have to call the out of hours in the morning. It’s also weigh in tomorrow so not holding out much hope..

Breakfast – Crepe (6 syns) with egg, ham, cheese (1/2 HEa), tomato and onions
Snack – nectarine
Lunch – tomato and pepper soup, a peach
Dinner – more soup, Chicken Tikka Masala with saffron rice, a frozen muller light and a pear
Snack – slice of sponge (8 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 14 syns

So weigh in was a bit disappointing. Didn’t lose anything, but still feeling a bit ruff and bloated so maybe it wasn’t really the true picture. I knew there would be weeks of not losing but I suppose after last week being so good I should have expected it but was really hoping for something similar again. I know, was just setting myself up for the downfall. But nevermind. I’m sticking with it. Hopefully next week will be an improvement and I may even have a look at trying a few green days.. if I can get my head around them...

Still a bit gutted about WI but I suppose the body has to get used to the loss it’s already had.

Snack – nectarine
Lunch – potato shells with bacon, onion and tomato 4 chicken wings (4 syns)
Snack - pear
Dinner – steak with mushroom sauce (from SW mag), baked potato ½ a baked sweet potato (not convinced about these) carrots, and orange and a nectarine
Snack - some frozen grapes (10st10lbs you’re right frozen grapes are great)

Total 9 syns

aiming for a green day today

Today I tried for a green day. Not sure how successful it was. Not sure how to add up the syns tbh so any advice would be great!

Snack – grapes
Lunch – potato shells with spring onion, cheese (1/2 HEa), tomato and pepper soup, fruit salad of grapes, strawberries and pineapple
Snack – 2 plums
Dinner – breaded haddock (either HEb and 5 syns for the bread or 11 syns for the whole thing – how should I count it?) pasta and ratatouille
Snack – frozen muller light
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns or HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 10/11 syns depending on how I count it.

Another green day.
Snack – grapes/strawberries
Lunch – Tomato and pepper soup and pineapple
Snack – Nectarine
Dinner – Spicy root and lentil casserole (onion, potato, carrot, parsnip, swede and lentils), a fruit salad of strawberries, grapes, pineapple and FF natural yogurt
Snack – berry crumble (6 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 6

Third green day in a row and like the carnivore that I am I’m really ready to eat LOTS of flesh tomorrow I may have to eat an entire cow! I’ve found that over the years my craving for cow has gotten greater and greater. For years I didn’t eat it, then when I did start it had to be well done.. then medium well, then.. the other week I actually caught myself sending a medium steak back because it wasn’t pink enough.. I wonder if I’ll get to the point where I ask for it to be blue...? tomorrow will defiantly be a steak day! Today I had:

Snack – nectarine and a pear
Lunch – Tomato and pepper soup a peach and an orange
Dinner – Baked potato, baked beans and 3 slices of Ham (HEb) pear, nectarine and an orange

Total 5 syns

Also bought some slimming world cookbooks so looking forward to those arriving.

Yes, today was a day for meat

Breakfast – 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb), scrambled egg, bacon and an orange
Lunch – left over lentil stew, 2 slices of ham a pear and an orange
Dinner – steak, carrots, parsnips, swede and a frozen muller light
Snack – some chocolate covered cornflakes (8 syns? how do you even begin to work out the syns for this?)

Total 13? syns

Lunch – 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns), bacon and baked beans, a pear and an orange
Dinner – Chicken tikka masala, saffron rice, a nectarine and a frozen muller light – last week I talked about not getting enough superfree foods with this meal, but then I realised that as the majority is made up with onions and tomatoes that it’s actually quite a good choice

Total 10 syns

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a nectarine
Lunch – Chicken tikka masala, saffron rice
Snack – Nectarine
Dinner – Chilli con carne, baked potato and 2 plums
Snack – fruit muffin (10 syns)

Total 15 syns

So weigh in was a bit disappointing. Didn’t lose anything, but still feeling a bit ruff and bloated so maybe it wasn’t really the true picture. I knew there would be weeks of not losing but I suppose after last week being so good I should have expected it but was really hoping for something similar again. I know, was just setting myself up for the downfall. But nevermind. I’m sticking with it. Hopefully next week will be an improvement and I may even have a look at trying a few green days.. if I can get my head around them...

don't be so disheartened, after such a massive week1 weight loss, its hard to come to terms with a STS, just think it took me 5 weeks to drop 18lbs!

Many thanks Donna!

Just a pound this week but still going in the right direction!

Back