one step at a time

actually, just had a look and think i'll go for:

Bang Bang Chicken (N) £6
Wok tossed, lightly battered chicken breast,
with stir fried vegetables and mixed leaves.

Fillet 8oz £22
Beef tenderloin. Tender and fat free.
Grilled with flat mushroom and plum tomato.

Mashed Root Vegetables £3

i know the bang bang chicken isn't the best choice but, it's wok fried, which is something and as i'm having soup for lunch i wont want it again in the evening... i may get someone to half this with me.. prob wont tho, lol

Last edited:
Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana
Snack – nectarine
Lunch – tomato and pepper soup, some ham, a pear and a plum
Dinner – haddock (7 syns), Patatas bravas (thanks Ali) and carrots
Snack – frozen grapes and an apple
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 12 syns

actually, just had a look and think i'll go for:

Bang Bang Chicken (N) £6
Wok tossed, lightly battered chicken breast,
with stir fried vegetables and mixed leaves.

Fillet 8oz £22
Beef tenderloin. Tender and fat free.
Grilled with flat mushroom and plum tomato.

Mashed Root Vegetables £3

i know the bang bang chicken isn't the best choice but, it's wok fried, which is something and as i'm having soup for lunch i wont want it again in the evening... i may get someone to half this with me.. prob wont tho, lol

I think thats a good choice, i am booking a flight and joining you all for dinner lol!

Have a fantastic time tomorrow, let your hair down, have some fun but don't go too mad, dangerously close to WI!

I think thats a good choice, i am booking a flight and joining you all for dinner lol!

Have a fantastic time tomorrow, let your hair down, have some fun but don't go too mad, dangerously close to WI!

you're more than welcome to join us, the table's booked for 7pm, lol

yeah not looking forward to WI, dont feel as though i've lost anything this week and with a few good weeks there i think i'm due a slow down, which will be fine, but at the same time it's nice to lose a nice amount each week, lol

It all sounds lovely, they're good choices for the meal. We're out tomorrow night on a meal and we thought maybe chinese, but I'm not sure.

It all sounds lovely, they're good choices for the meal. We're out tomorrow night on a meal and we thought maybe chinese, but I'm not sure.

really looking forward to it now! had been dreading it all week as it'll be the first big night out with lots of people since starting SW but i know what i'll be eating so that's one of the main hurdles sorted!

think there are quite a few Chinese dishes that are relatively syn friendly. i'm a big peking chicken fan but i'd say that that would be off the scale syn wise so gonna avoid the chinese a but longer, lol hope you have a great night!

Breakfast – bacon and scrambled egg and mushrooms and a nectarine
Snack – grapes and strawberries
Lunch – mugshot, nectarine and a pear
Dinner – as planned.. Bang Bang Chicken, Wok tossed, lightly battered chicken breast, with stir fried vegetables and mixed leaves.
Fillet 8oz Beef tenderloin. Grilled with flat mushroom and plum tomato.
Mashed Root Vegetables

All good, but then I had half a banoffee! Oops! Hehe

No time or room for my nimble but did have a glass of milk (HEa) – YUK!!!!

Total well flexi syned, lol

oh it was a great night by the way... not only were we celebrating Sinead's birthday but she also got engaged this morning! yeay!

Snack – strawberries
Lunch – my local farmers/food market actually has a stall selling SW curries, so had a half jalfrezi half madras curry with rice. Slice of sponge cake (8 syns)
Dinner – the chicken and mushroom pie from the current magazine – very nice! (1 syn), some leftover patatas bravas
Snack – frozen grapes and a nectarine
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 13 syns

your whole day today sounds lovely! and congrats to sinead, must have been a wonderful birthday :) its nice that you can now pick up the food when you don't feel up to cooking, no excuses to come off track! x

thanks Ali, it was, lol

So as suspected i stayed the same this week, but i'd had a few good weeks there and a few nights out this week so am more than happy to take the hit. but i will be expecting a good result next week if im to make any headway in the September challenge

Snack – frozen grapes
Lunch – mugshot, pineapple, strawberries pomegranate and muller light
Dinner – steak (my dad showed up with it, it would have been a crime not to cook it), SW mushroom sauce, mashed potato, cabbage, berry and apple crumble (9 syns)
Snack – plum

Total 14 syns

st georges market on a sat is a farmers/food market, nice food indeed! great wee spice stall, some really lovely organic fruits, veg and meats etc as well as..

Last edited:
Snack – strawberries pomegranate and muller light
Lunch – chicken and veg soup from this month’s mag and some pineapple
Dinner – more of the chicken and mushroom pie (1 syn), cabbage, berry and apple crumble (9 syns)

Total 15 syns

for food to eat there, there's a great SW friendly curry stall or the french crepe guy is great. on a sat there's also a SW friendly butcher with syn free sausages and burgers etc to take home. def worth a visit. there's also about 100 lovely cupcake and cake stalls all v tempting but if managed correctly worth a try every now and then

Snack – pear
Lunch – chicken and veg soup, some pineapple and muller light
Dinner – chicken tikka masala and saffron rice
Snack – nectarine

Total 5 syns

thanks. im more savoury than sweet so cupcakes dont appeal to me. i love crepes tho. how many syns are in the ones in georges market?

it would really depend what ya get on it and how it fits into your day. i would usually get a crepe (6 syns) with egg, onion, tomato, ham (all free on EE) and cheese (either as HEa or syn). sometimes i get chorizo (2.5 syns per 28g) and chilli instead of the ham.

i found that most foods are accessible as long as you plan ahead and know how they count up against each other.. that said i'd stay away from the sweet crepes syns would add up v easily there...

i love crepes with banana and nutella. banana good- nutella not so good lol

if the banana is mushed up then you have to syn it

tho 1 tbs of nutella is only 4 syns... tho i suppose you'd really want 2/3 tbs to make it enjoyable

i think id rather have a chicken chowmein instead of a measly crepe. thats all i keep thinking every time i want to indulge ha ha

lol think it's all about finding the balance ;)

Back