one step at a time

WOW!!! Only just seen this!!! 12lbs! amazing!

AMAZING!!!! Well done.

So today I had some bananas that weren’t going to last another day. Wasn’t for wolfing them down so instead made a very SW unfriendly banana loaf.. have worked it out at 10 syns per slice, but I’m so gonna enjoy each slice.. that is, if I get any once the family come visit and steal most. The kitchen also smells wonderful!!

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana
Lunch – Veg and barley broth, a nectarine and a pear
Dinner – Quorn peppered steak, peppered mushroom sauce (made with quark that really needs used up, lol), chips and ratatouille
Snack – some frozen grapes and a slice of banana bread (10 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 10 syns

Dinner – Chicken Kiev (2.5 syns), chips and ratatouille (see pic)
Total 7.5 syns

38471-albums2721-picture16388.jpg

yum! is the recipe from the recipe board, i have printed but haven't tried it but i think i will now, also how did you make your ratatouille? have tried a couple times and its just tasted like tinned toms!

it's a recipe adapted from this months mag, basically the filling is garlic, quark and parsley (tho i think the mag called for thyme or dill or something), but for the breaded coating i adopted one of the kfc recipes, paxo golden breadcrumbs, oxo cube, lots of black pepper, paprika, cumin, ground corriander and mustard powder. coat the chicken in egg before the bread etc

for the ratatouille its easy to get really good flavours, sweat off your onion, carrot and butternut squash, add garlic and chilli cook them off a bit, add your peppers, courgette and mushrooms stir in then add the tinned tomatoes and sprinkle over a chicken or veg oxo cube (i get through lots of oxo cubes) bring to a boil the turn down the heat and simmer for a good 30-40 mins, stirring every now and then - that's how i do it anyway, i usually have to add 2 tins of toms as there's so much veg, but it freezes really well and can be used as a side dish, pasta sauce or even a soup if you add some chicken stock and blend (or not if you like it chunky)

yes got a slice of the loaf and worth all 10 syns. the family didnt call round in the end but it means it's still sitting on my kitchen bench and i can smell the bread from my bedroom and it's so yummy! i know my dad's calling round in the morning and he's already claimed some so it's prob a good thing as i'd really love a slice for breakfast but have to resist!

I am REALLY looking forward to the first (of two) birthday dinner(s) tomorrow night. Need meat! I’ve come to the conclusion that although Quorn is great for helping lose the weight it’s just not very fulfilling. Maybe it’s just that I’ve had it three days in a row but at this moment in time I could kill for a cow, lol

Lunch – Veg and barley broth, a frozen muller light and a pear
Dinner – Quorn sausages, potato and butternut squash mash with carrots and a balsamic onion gravy.
Snack – a nectarine and a slice of banana bread (10 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 10 syns

the cheese and toast at night really works for me as it's an easy way to regulate by blood sugar over night but it's also something that's actually quite tasty and i never get bored with it as long as i've had a decent meal. it also stops me silly snacking in the evening as i know it's something i can look forward to before bed :)

it's also a great way of getting my HEa quota for the day as i'm also not a milk/dairy fan (one of the reasons i've been naggin you about your HEa's lol)

it's a recipe adapted from this months mag, basically the filling is garlic, quark and parsley (tho i think the mag called for thyme or dill or something), but for the breaded coating i adopted one of the kfc recipes, paxo golden breadcrumbs, oxo cube, lots of black pepper, paprika, cumin, ground corriander and mustard powder. coat the chicken in egg before the bread etc

for the ratatouille its easy to get really good flavours, sweat off your onion, carrot and butternut squash, add garlic and chilli cook them off a bit, add your peppers, courgette and mushrooms stir in then add the tinned tomatoes and sprinkle over a chicken or veg oxo cube (i get through lots of oxo cubes) bring to a boil the turn down the heat and simmer for a good 30-40 mins, stirring every now and then - that's how i do it anyway, i usually have to add 2 tins of toms as there's so much veg, but it freezes really well and can be used as a side dish, pasta sauce or even a soup if you add some chicken stock and blend (or not if you like it chunky)

yes got a slice of the loaf and worth all 10 syns. the family didnt call round in the end but it means it's still sitting on my kitchen bench and i can smell the bread from my bedroom and it's so yummy! i know my dad's calling round in the morning and he's already claimed some so it's prob a good thing as i'd really love a slice for breakfast but have to resist!

Sounds like you're an excellent cook! Yummy! x

far from excellent Dawn, but i do enjoy cooking :)

Had a really nice night out and given the choices available had a rather sensible night.

Breakfast – bacon and scrambled egg and mushrooms and a pear
Lunch – pepper and tomato soup and some pineapple
Dinner – Starter: Chicken skewers (grilled chicken strips with some sweet chilli sauce), Main: grilled chicken breast with mediterranean veg, crushed new potatoes and a tomato sauce. Some onion rings and 2 chips. Dessert: 1/3 of a portion of sticky toffee pudding

No time or room for my nimble but did have a glass of milk (HEa) – YUK!!!!

Flexi syn evening as planned.. Sat will be something similar I fear, lol

yum thanks, have stolen!

:) :D

Had a great night last night and a busy day today so when it came to dinner I couldn’t face any more quorn and as that’s what I’d planned I’d no meat defrosted. All I had in the fridge was some bacon and some rather old and mushy cherry tomatoes so decided to go with a bacon and cherry tomato risotto. So glad I did as it really hit the spot! not only that but it also worked out that I can count today as a Green day!

Snack – nectarine and some pineapple
Lunch – pepper and tomato soup and some pineapple and strawberries and a muffin (10 syns)
Dinner – bacon (Heb) and cherry tomato risotto, parmesan (1/2 HEa), some strawberries and a frozen Muller light
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 15 syns
38471-albums2721-picture16424.jpg

I love risotto, might have to try and squeeze one in for dinner one night this week...I am dying to see how you get on at wi on sunday, i reckon I might be seeing a "I've lost 50lbs"

if only! think i'll be seeing a gain this week! out for dinner again tomorrow night (and again on tues night, but trying not to think about that one)

plus, so far anyway, after a big drop i seem to STS for a week or two, so not holding out much hope for Sunday, lol but you never know..

1lb would give me my Club 10 so fingers crossed!

Last edited:
oh guess who got slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month on the bodyoptimise site?! shame i dont get any sort of hamper prize, lol

well done - you must be a contender for sotw every week? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you - just noticed you have more or less lost 10% of your bmi, big pat on the back!

didnt know you had to sign up for the 'hall of fame' section to be named sotw until the other week so missed out on a few 'awards' lol

yip, 1lb away from club 10.. fingers crossed for sunday

Back