One Year On.. surgery?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jhooker, 18 April 2009 Social URL.

1. jhooker

jhooker Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    Hi ladies and gents!

It is now 1 year since I came off cambridge and lost a massive 8 Stone!

Since then i've put 1 back on (im blaming my uni disseration, all work and no rugby!)

Since loosing the weight, I gained all my confidence back and more - and met my fiance!!

However, The skin is still there... and i hate it. I need a body lift from the looks of things... anyone have any experience with this operation?

I'll be working from home in front of a computer - will I be able to carry on working like that during recovery?

Do those horrible scars turn white over time?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Congratulations on maintaining a 7 st weight loss!! that is fantastic :)

I have scars from other operations and yes they are white :) but honestly, if you hate the excess skin that much you'll likely be less bothered by the scaring. I'd be tempted to try and think of them as a final show of you determination and success! :D

There are creams etc for scaring now and people heal differently :)

I wish you well no matter what you choose to do :)

4. horseclutter

horseclutter Full Member

I had body lift on the nhs last september after losing 7 stone, he used a new type of surgery, only been done in the north east, anyway it is the best thing I have ever done, I now have a defined stomach and my scar is a thin white line all the way round you can hardley notice it. The pain was bearable and I was up out of bed the next day, walking around the day after, although bent over due to stomach muscles being tightened and was driving after 2 weeks, hope that helps. Going in for my next op after June which is my legs, this will be my third op since weight loss, I also had boob uplift which looks fab too.

5. lisalulu

lisalulu Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Put me down for what you had Horseclutter!

6. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Somewhere on here there is a blog Icemoose did about having loose skin taken away in an op. Very honest & would be good for you to read. Icemoose lost a lot of weight, is now a CDC & morivational weight loss coach, he usually posts & moderates over on the 'bring your head inside' forum I think, if you PMd him he could maybe send you a link to his thread on the op?

Good luck.

xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.