One Year On.. surgery?

jhooker

Hi ladies and gents!

It is now 1 year since I came off cambridge and lost a massive 8 Stone!

Since then i've put 1 back on (im blaming my uni disseration, all work and no rugby!)

Since loosing the weight, I gained all my confidence back and more - and met my fiance!!

However, The skin is still there... and i hate it. I need a body lift from the looks of things... anyone have any experience with this operation?

I'll be working from home in front of a computer - will I be able to carry on working like that during recovery?

Do those horrible scars turn white over time?

Congratulations on maintaining a 7 st weight loss!! that is fantastic :)

I have scars from other operations and yes they are white :) but honestly, if you hate the excess skin that much you'll likely be less bothered by the scaring. I'd be tempted to try and think of them as a final show of you determination and success! :D

There are creams etc for scaring now and people heal differently :)

I wish you well no matter what you choose to do :)

I had body lift on the nhs last september after losing 7 stone, he used a new type of surgery, only been done in the north east, anyway it is the best thing I have ever done, I now have a defined stomach and my scar is a thin white line all the way round you can hardley notice it. The pain was bearable and I was up out of bed the next day, walking around the day after, although bent over due to stomach muscles being tightened and was driving after 2 weeks, hope that helps. Going in for my next op after June which is my legs, this will be my third op since weight loss, I also had boob uplift which looks fab too.

Somewhere on here there is a blog Icemoose did about having loose skin taken away in an op. Very honest & would be good for you to read. Icemoose lost a lot of weight, is now a CDC & morivational weight loss coach, he usually posts & moderates over on the 'bring your head inside' forum I think, if you PMd him he could maybe send you a link to his thread on the op?

Good luck.

xxx

Back