Oooooo how weird is this? (sorry boring wedding stuff)

I will succeed!!!
Ok, so I have bored you all to death with wedding talk and when we got flooded...but this is weird!

I was walking down Main Street in Cockermouth on Saturday with my Mum and as we walked past the wedding shop, the owner came out. We stopped to chat and ask her how the shop was doing and she invited us upstairs to their second 'shop dressing area' (luckily they had it so can keep trading).

There were about 20 new gowns already sent from one designer...but she then pointed to one gown hanging alone on a rail.

MY DRESS. The ONLY dress that's survived the floods!

Sounds silly but I felt emotional - didn't think I'd see it again until my dress was made in over a year!

Mum said it's a sign!

:D

P.S I thought I better clarify...it's not some magical gown or anything - she had it hung separately from the others as she'd been fixing it (hope my fat bum didn't break it lol). It was right away from the others...which all got ruined...but I'm still impressed it's survived lol ;) xxx

Last edited:
AH that is lovely!

I picked up my wedding dress last week and my bridesmaid dresses on Saturday. I don't get married until May!! It is horrible to think MY wedding dress is at my mum and dads and I am not allowed to put it on!!

That is really wonderful news, and a real magical sign.

AH that is lovely!

I picked up my wedding dress last week and my bridesmaid dresses on Saturday. I don't get married until May!! It is horrible to think MY wedding dress is at my mum and dads and I am not allowed to put it on!!

Awww how exciting!!!! When in May? I get married May 2011 (I've picked dress but it isn't being made until May 2010 - I am a bit ahead lol).

I hope all your plans are coming together...I'd be soo giddy if it was me...heck! I am giddy and mine is ages away lol!

Make sure you send us a piccy after the big day hun...yay!

Thanks everyone - I am just pleased I can try it on again in the shop. I heart my dress. :D xxx

Thats amazing that it survived. The sorta tale you will tell your kids and grandkids etc.

That gave me goosebumps Sticky! How lovely. xxx

Me too! It was so weird to see it all pristine and lovely. I actually got teary eyed in the shop.

Plus, I can try it on again in April when they take my measurements to have it made and pick the right veil and shoes out to match (like I need any excuse to wear it lol).

xxx

Wow that's great! Magicallyness dress!! :eek:

Everyone's getting married!! Not fair! *sulk* lol. I would say I'm just being impatient, but 6 years, C'MON!!! Xx

Your time will come honey don't you worry...and when it does have fun. It's a great feeling. Oh, and don't go too mad buying wedding magazines. OH's threatening to make me wear a dress made of pages of pictures of dresses lol x

Back