Operation Miami - Dukan Diet

Hope you had a nice lunch on Old Street. Meeting up is such a great idea, trinimaria! If I was in the UK I would be there in a flash. You have to promise to post lost of pics so the rest of us can feel included :)

It's such a shame we all don't live in the same area.

Do you have an iPad or iPhone? Maybe we can Facetime each other at the same time, so you are still 'there' :)

Lunch was lovely...yum!

Thai Steak Salad and Satay Chicken (didn't touch touch the peanut sauce)

Thai.jpg

Hi Trini. Just popping by to say well done on the stone loss! Fantastic honey. You're going to look great on that Miami beach x

And blimey that lunch looks lovely. Yum yum.

hey there trinni me again i wondered as i thought you would (ive put my book somewhere and cannot find it .... think my mum is secretly reading it now she has seen my results lol) know as your the cooking queen on here is the rule with the cheese just under 7% fat? as i have found some that claims to be 5% fat and i was just curious as some recipies would be soooo much better with some delish cheese if u know what i mean (....seriously i need to find that book)
GRRRRRR

Funnily enough, I only skimmed the book once and usually jump online if I want to find out anything lol!

Will probably only revert back to it when I'm in Conso.

Hi Trini. Just popping by to say well done on the stone loss! Fantastic honey. You're going to look great on that Miami beach x

Thank you x

Still got another 11lbs to go but, I will get there in the end.

I have until Sept 28 :)

That lunch looked YUM YUM piggies bum *wink*

Well done Hun that's good going !!!!!!

How is your dad doing ? Sort of know what you mean I didn't have a bond with my dad either. He died 7 years ago & I felt absolutely nothing.

Up for a meet, have said so on the link.

Apparently he's still vomiting but no further bad news.

It's strange isn't it? I'm the only one of his children who was born out of a marriage and I'm the only one who he doesn't stay in contact with, so I never waste my time. You would have thought that he would make more effort considering I have his granddaughter but, I guess we are not a priority.

I actually went to university to prove to him that I wasn't a failure because I had a child at 18 and when graduation came, he had the cheek to say he was proud even though he never had any faith in me #SomeParents

I will have to go check the meet up link, as I was way to tired to come online last night :)

Hey lady how did lunch go? Let me know if you found a good Dukan friendly spot - my office towers over the Old St roundabout!

Am off to check your post about a meet up. Great idea, although the thought of arranging Christmas events already is freaking me out!!

Jx

No way!!! What a small world :)

I posted a pick of lunch but as you don't eat meat, you can just pretend it's Quorn lol!

I actually picked up some Quorn Steak Strips yesterday, so I will let you know how they taste.

I'm only planning ahead so that if there are quite a few of us, we will be able to get table numbers etc :)

Have any of you bought a George Foreman Grill?

My OH usually grills my food at his house (trying to be supportive) and bought me one last night (from Sainsbury's - gone down from £50 to £24.99). #BlessHim

We had some fresh beef burgers and I was so shocked by the amount of fat that came out :eek:.

The grill takes out 42% of the fat, so I will defo be using mine more often :D.

Have any of you bought a George Foreman Grill?

My OH usually grills my food at his house (trying to be supportive) and bought me one last night (from Sainsbury's - gone down from £50 to £24.99). #BlessHim

We had some fresh beef burgers and I was so shocked by the amount of fat that came out :eek:.

The grill takes out 42% of the fat, so I will defo be using mine more often :D.

omg chicken breast in one of those grills is delish makes it kinda crispy without skin so really good when your missing your crispy skin, but yum yum they are great arent they. i love doing the chicken for a salad and i know its lazy but turkey rashers in them go really crunchy great for dipping in your boiled eggs xx :)

omg chicken breast in one of those grills is delish makes it kinda crispy without skin so really good when your missing your crispy skin, but yum yum they are great arent they. i love doing the chicken for a salad and i know its lazy but turkey rashers in them go really crunchy great for dipping in your boiled eggs xx :)

Thanks Charly...I've got some Turkey Rashers at home, that's a great idea!

I think that's why I avoid making roast chicken, as I always used to eat the crisy skin...yummy! LOL!

Sounds tough with your Dad Trinimaria. Your attitude towards him sounds like it's come from years of disappointment at his lack of interest, I'm sorry about it but glad that you seem to have found a way to cope and move on. I do wish him well though. And your OH sounds absolutely fab and supportive, which is no less than you deserve!

Great work organising a meet up - you're quite right to start the planning early!

Big hug.

Jx

Sounds tough with your Dad Trinimaria. Your attitude towards him sounds like it's come from years of disappointment at his lack of interest, I'm sorry about it but glad that you seem to have found a way to cope and move on. I do wish him well though. And your OH sounds absolutely fab and supportive, which is no less than you deserve!

Great work organising a meet up - you're quite right to start the planning early!

Big hug.

Jx

My mum kicked my dad out when I was 3yrs old...used to see him birthdays and Christmas (if he bothered to show), so I've never been that phased by his lack of appearance funnily enough.

My boyfriend is absolutely lovely and I know if we had a child together, he wouldn't have the atrocious traits of my Dad #ThankGod. He is very good with my daughter and has a lot of time and love for both of us, which I fully appreciate.

I'm quite excited about meeting up as it feels like we've created a secret club with a huge bond :bliss:

Thanks Charly...I've got some Turkey Rashers at home, that's a great idea!

I think that's why I avoid making roast chicken, as I always used to eat the crisy skin...yummy! LOL!

yeah im a lover of the skin too its well nice, i don't do the Sunday roast style chicken either because i cannot be bothered to peel off the skin i just cook a breast now, i am in love with the turkey rashers in boiled eggs tho, i have an addiction to boiled eggs!!

yeah im a lover of the skin too its well nice, i don't do the Sunday roast style chicken either because i cannot be bothered to peel off the skin i just cook a breast now, i am in love with the turkey rashers in boiled eggs tho, i have an addiction to boiled eggs!!

I have boiled eggs very rarely, I've grown very fond of the dry fried egg since being on this diet as you dont get all the nasty brown bits that you get when you use oil.

Think I will do a prawn and noodle dish tonight :) Maybe grill my Turkey rashers to go in some mini quiches for tomorrow.

mmm that looks nice are these the shirtake noodles job thingies?

Back