Operation size 10 jeans!

Oops, didn't check the next page to see that this was answered.

I just think this is how Dukan works in 'remodeling' your body. I'm a daily weigher and i've definitely noticed that the loss is not even: sometimes i get stalled for up to a week, and then start dropping on a daily basis the week after. i try not to worry about it - especially if i know i haven't been cheating (much).

sometimes you can 'kickstart' the loss again with an extra PP day, and i also find that veggies that are natural diuretics help to get rid of excess water that might be the problem (asparagus, cabbage, celery, cucumbers...)

and TOTM is a big factor...

Last edited:
It's my time of the month, so that may have had an effect? Not sure really!

Don't worry Ceri, I've heard alot about those TOTM weigh-ins.

This week will be better I'm sure.

I've been weighing everyday since I've started.

2 days I've never lost anything and on one day (TOTM) I went up by 300g.

I might try doing longer stints of exercise and see how that affects the pounds dropping off :)

Oops, didn't check the next page to see that this was answered.

I just think this is how Dukan works in 'remodeling' your body. I'm a daily weigher and i've definitely noticed that the loss is not even: sometimes i get stalled for up to a week, and then start dropping on a daily basis the week after. i try not to worry about it - especially if i know i haven't been cheating (much).

sometimes you can 'kickstart' the loss again with an extra PP day, and i also find that veggies that are natural diuretics help to get rid of excess water that might be the problem (asparagus, cabbage, celery, cucumbers...)

and TOTM is a big factor...

I think I'm going to carry on as normal for now, I find it so depressing having to complete two PP days in a row. I'll definitely use your tip with vegetables that are natural diuretics, I'm praying it's mostly water weight!!! :D

Don't worry Ceri, I've heard alot about those TOTM weigh-ins.

This week will be better I'm sure.

I've been weighing everyday since I've started.

2 days I've never lost anything and on one day (TOTM) I went up by 300g.

I might try doing longer stints of exercise and see how that affects the pounds dropping off :)

Thanks! I think I need to push myself harder at the gym. It's quite hard though when you have no carbs inside you!!! :eek:

Another way to look at it is that in 4 weeks you've lost 11 lbs which is just a touch under 3 lbs a week, which is an incredibly good rate. Go you!

Just keep doing what you're doing. And keep half an eye on those jeans of yours!!

Jx

photo-2.jpg

Woo hoo! I've managed to find the rather elusive Tesco fat reduced cocoa powder. Only £1.29 for 200g, and it now means I can taste chocolate again. Thank god! :D

I just need to find some nice recipes now!

Today is a PV day, and this is the menu:
B - vanilla muffins
L - chicken salad
D - fillet steak, mushrooms, tomatoes and salad, dessert - stewed rhubarb with sweetened quark
Exercise - just walking (and clapping)

Unfortunately I didn't get to go the gym this morning as I had to work :(. It was a bit of a shock to the system on a Saturday morning, but was actually quite enjoyable in the end. I'd volunteered to help out at a graduation ceremony, so I had to stand there greeting students and guests, and then had to clap a lot. Not too much effort really! :D

Oh, and I'm back down to 10.3 again, literally one day after my 'official' weekly weigh-in!!! Typical! :rolleyes:xx

Last edited:
I suspect you'll find that next week will be a pleasing loss for you, as yesterday would have just been down to TOTM disguising your true weight. But I know it's annoying to feel that you've put in all that effort and not seen the scales move. Hang in there!

And where the heck did you find the tesco reduced fat cocoa powder? I was starting to think it was a myth!!

Jx

I suspect you'll find that next week will be a pleasing loss for you, as yesterday would have just been down to TOTM disguising your true weight. But I know it's annoying to feel that you've put in all that effort and not seen the scales move. Hang in there!

And where the heck did you find the tesco reduced fat cocoa powder? I was starting to think it was a myth!!

Jx

They sell it at their Oxford branch on Magdalen Street! Maybe we should start a thread listing all the Tesco branches that stock it? lol :)x

maybe years from now, Dukan will be so big that there will be whole supermarket aisles devoted to zero / low fat products, and we won't have to go hunting around town for liquid stevia, oat bran and fat reduced cocoa.

by then of course we'll all be super skinny and saying things like 'back we WE did dukan we had to walk five miles for a box of oat bran...' :D

Ceri even though you've not shown a loss on the scales this week you could have lost inches, have you tried the jeans on this week ?

It looks like the reason there could be a shortage of the elusive coco powder is they've repackaged it. I got mine a couple of months ago & it was in a red box which yours isn't.

hi there loving the fit into my jeans idea. hows that going for you lately?
also i'm scared to get low fat coco powder as being a newbie i fear that once i again taste the wonders of chocolate my good intentions will all fall to the wayside and i will scoff off all my hard work. xx

also i'm scared to get low fat coco powder as being a newbie i fear that once i again taste the wonders of chocolate my good intentions will all fall to the wayside and i will scoff off all my hard work. xx

I know what you mean! Lol!

I even made a dukan slice (bread) without adding wheatbran the other day, as I'm scared I will put on weight.

i know it is so scary!! i dread to think how i am going to cope when the time actually comes for me to put carbs back into my diet ........ way too scary!!

Ok, so I now have hope that the Tesco stuff will reappear! I mean, it's not that far from London to Oxford, but the £20 return bus fare does bring up the cost of a box somewhat!

Caro, I love the image of us reminiscing about the bad old Dukan days. You know, before they invented carb and fat free wine that still got you tipsy. Sigh.

maybe years from now, Dukan will be so big that there will be whole supermarket aisles devoted to zero / low fat products, and we won't have to go hunting around town for liquid stevia, oat bran and fat reduced cocoa.

by then of course we'll all be super skinny and saying things like 'back we WE did dukan we had to walk five miles for a box of oat bran...' :D

I think there's a gap in the market here that we could be exploiting!! :)x

Ceri even though you've not shown a loss on the scales this week you could have lost inches, have you tried the jeans on this week ?

It looks like the reason there could be a shortage of the elusive coco powder is they've repackaged it. I got mine a couple of months ago & it was in a red box which yours isn't.

I haven't tried the jeans for a while, so will give them a try this evening. :cross:

Hi Charly! I can squeeze into the jeans now, but all my fat still hangs over the sides :(. Hopefully it won't be long before they fit me perfectly!! :D

Hopefully I won't go crazy when I get my chocolate fix :eek:

i think we're due a new picture!

Hi Charly! I can squeeze into the jeans now, but all my fat still hangs over the sides :(. Hopefully it won't be long before they fit me perfectly!! :D

Hopefully I won't go crazy when I get my chocolate fix :eek:

hey i cant talk i went out shopping today and yes i rolled past the hot chocolate in tescos and yes i brought the reduced fat coco powder ... looking forward to it as a little treat tonight.
i'm glad your jeans are fitting you now (even if your rolls are hanging over the top) that must feel so satisfying. i am really pleased for you. xx not too long now

Back