Other diet bars

I wonder if this could be coke zero making this diet harder for me, and the sweeteners in my teas, as it has no calories but has the sweet taste and the body then wonders where all the energy is and then makes you hungry......

So although coke zero is allowed on the plan as it has no citric acid in it, I wonder if we are giving people advice that is going to throw them off plan and I have been so so hungry on this. Maybe this plan should be kept pure? Adding sweentners to shakes, should we really be doing this because of the above reason? Should we be telling new people that this is ok?

I wonder if this could be coke zero making this diet harder for me, and the sweeteners in my teas, as it has no calories but has the sweet taste and the body then wonders where all the energy is and then makes you hungry......

So although coke zero is allowed on the plan as it has no citric acid in it, I wonder if we are giving people advice that is going to throw them off plan and I have been so so hungry on this. Maybe this plan should be kept pure? Adding sweentners to shakes, should we really be doing this because of the above reason? Should we be telling new people that this is ok?

You've got it in one Divster!!
It's not all about things not having citric acid in as proved by the fact that the bars have a small amount in.
People say they have it and it doesn't make a difference but how do they know that!!? How do they know what they may have lost if they didn't have it??
I agree, it's about what works for you but I'm afraid I'm one for following rules ( where diets are concerned!!) I want max results and this plan has been tried and tested, who am I to tweak it!! Infact, choosing other bars from other plans is not even tweaking......it substituting and in my opinion, is wrong.

I like a glass of coke zero, I see it as my treat but I have to agree that I may not be doing myself any favours at all as I to have had more very hungry days then not....I may see what happens for a few days without the coke zero (fake sugar)..It does get so boring with just water but I have to keep telling myself this is not forever. But then for some people that glass of coke zero is the difference between following the plan or munching through the fridge, so surely the zero would be better?...its a dilemma for sure!

I am though going to give it a try x

I am going to try and get rid of the sweetners in my tea, as I did used to have sugar when I was slim, then started dieting and trying to cut calories down, then got fat! Proof dieting makes you fat! Wonder if this is one of the big reasons why!

Continuation of "other diet products" thread with Update!

Hi all well as there were varying opinions on the use of other diet shakes/bars I thought u may want to know this....

My Dh has been 100% LT and Exante. Yest we bought some Asda shakes and biggest loser bars believing them to b Tfr, he had a "fruit and nut" bar and vanilla ready made shake - which when I tasted it realised was exact same taste as SF and read about the sugar in it! This morn he woke with tummy rumbling (he's had suppressed appetite in K) so I told him to poas and low and behold NO KETONES!

Myself on the other hand had a choc crisp bar and having v small amount of salad cream/reduced sugar ketchup on my small low-carb meals in eve and still showed being in K all be it a weak reading. Now Im not sure if mine is down to the bar or the sauces I'm having with dinner....want to tell myself itsbthe sauces cos I LOVED that choc crisp bar :( !

So I think this is proof that other diet products shouldn't really b used, despite my previous misconceptions about them!

The only other thing I will say is, as someone who's always struggled to drink water, I've found the gassiness of coke zero actually fills me up and makes me feel less hungry! Tho limiting how much I hav and still havin lots of water too!

H x

I had the BL chocolate and nut bars. Hmmm, they're not bad but they're not great.
I much prefer the Exante bars. But I guess they'll do until my package gets here

On reflection i totally agree with you lentil. Its good to have an option if your out and about and stuck.....but with the possible sgars and the slightly higher carbs its prob not a good idea to make it a regular thing x

The Asda and biggest loser bars are actually the same carb wise as Exante bars and have LESS sugar. They are NOT the same as Slimfast bars.

At the end of the day its a personal decision. My original post said I personally was going to try them, like I said I spent ages checking the values and they are absolutely comparible with Exante bars so where the sugar rush is going to come from I dont know

I was a little surprised at the Biggest Loser bars. They're only 132 calories. That's almost half of Exante bars, no?
Does that mean you can have 2, or is that a too high carb count?

The Asda and biggest loser bars are actually the same carb wise as Exante bars and have LESS sugar. They are NOT the same as Slimfast bars.

At the end of the day its a personal decision. My original post said I personally was going to try them, like I said I spent ages checking the values and they are absolutely comparible with Exante bars so where the sugar rush is going to come from I dont know

The tetras packs, we went off on a tangent! :D

Continuation of "other diet products" thread - results!!

Hi all, forgive me if you've read this somewhere already as I posted it this morn but can't see it on here so maybe it didn't send or something so just gonna retype it!!

As we all know there is a lot of varied opinions on whether we should be able to use other diet products or not - well thought you might want to hear this:

My dh has been 100% LT/Exante for 2wks now and is losing really well (about 1st7lb!) but yesterday I told him about these other Asda/Biggest Loser products I'd read about on here so we bought some to try out... he had a vanilla, ready made Asda 'Measure Up' shake so I asked for a taster and recognised it tasting exactly like the Slimfast one - very sweet so checked ingrediants again and sure enough, Sugar featured high up the list!!! Now he really has been 100% apart from this shake and this morning his tummy was rumbling and according to first wee on ketostix, he wasn't in K!!!!

I on the other hand am still showing as being in K (on stix) - but yesterday I did have one of the Biggest Loser bars (choc crisp and absolutely LOVELY!!) and have also been having a very small amount of salad cream/reduced sugar ketchup with my small low-carb evening meal....

Dh was back on Exante 100% today and started the day with a Exante bar - which did fill him so the effects on K won't hopefully be toooo bad but still, it does go to show that the shakes are def full of sugar and this is likely to knock you out K.... at the moment, it appears to me that the BL bars are ok....

I'm certainly not advocating anything to anyone or saying what is right or wrong on these diets but just thought you'd want to know the results on K with shakes and bars - as i see it, these forums are for people to put out all kinds of ideas/advice/tips - it is up to the reader to make up their mind!!

H x

How are they different from the slimfast ones?

How are they different from the slimfast ones?

Slimfast have a greater amount of sugar (not good) the others such as biggest loser/asda/tesco have very similar nutritional makeup as the exante bars - therfore your body should process them the same way - so in theory they can be used in conjunctin with exante products and not affect weigh loss.

Back