Other diet bars

I half mine and kid myself on Im having 2 lol

oh yes it will taste fab! I don't normally like mint stuff but it is delicious.

Just tried my first BL Berry Fudge and it was absolutely gorgeous! That's it now I have officially tried all the bars BL, Tesco and Asda .... what a great choice to choose from!! :D

I think I prefer the fruit type ones as opposed to the chocolate type ones, no matter who makes them :)
Each to their own eh ?:)

Have you tried the BL breakfast bar?

No, I haven't yet.
I like the BL berry one, but not the other 2, too much.
I couldn't see the breakfast one when I was in Tesco's the other day, otherwise I would have got one.
Are they any good ?

I like the BL Breakfast bars .... very fruity and moist and taste like an ordinary breakfast bar (not Exante!!) x

You won't regret it! x

Just like other posters I also think this is excellent detective work from Starlight. However, is the whole world on the biggest loser bars? At £1.20 I am struggling to find them at Tesco. Asda stocked up again at £1.50 after being out last week. Need to stock up.

hi everyone, just a quick post and i am sure this has been covered in some capacity. but what about atkins bars? or the general low carb bars you can get in holland & barret etc? can we have them instead of exante bars? xx

I'm a bit suspicious of the Atkins bars so i stay away from them. They use "net carbs" and show just a few grams but the reality is that they have a LOT more carbs in them, which they tell us doesn't effect ketosis because these other carbs don't get absorbed. However, i've seen too many people have ketosis effected by these bars (myself included) i just don't believe them, lol. I'd probably only use them in an emergency myself.

thats great to know. thanks losingit! So really its biggest loser bars, or asda as the best alternatives to the exante bars? xx

I do get this other bar from asda sometimes and it's just called "protein bar" - it has similar carbs & protein & calories to the biggest loser bars and tastes really yummy. However, it's not sold as a meal replacement bar as such and so the vitamins/other nutrients might not be 100% and it's not really meant for replacing meals. I do have it every now and again though and like i said the nutritional figures are very similar to biggest loser bars, very slightly less calories (around 190 instead of 200).

Whatever you do stay well away from slimfast bars... these are the worst ever and are loaded with sugar and will make you totally screw up your diet as they'll leave you starving.

Brill advice - thanks so much! Aiming for a 100% week this week rather than doing WS. So will head to asda after work I think! xx

Back