Out of Ketosis

NewBody

I seem to have knocked myself out of ketosis!!?? :eek:

My pee is no longer smelly, BUT i'm still feelin cold, BUT I'm feelin a bit more hungry ! :confused:

ARRRRHHH!!!! Another 3 or 4 days again waiting to get bk into it!!! :mad:

I'm finding this second week ok, quite easy really, missing my carbs less, drinking tap water now with a squeeze of lemon in with no bother.

Would love some porridge tho with a drizzle of golden syrup :D ha ha

Ner mind I have no choice but to carry on and try to get bk into 'k' as quickly as possible so I'm not throwing gud money away on these VERY exspensive flippin shakes!!!!

anyone else experienced this? How long to get bk into it ?? and is there any quick way?

xx

about 3 days, i knocked myself out drinking diet coke!

Im a bit confused as to why your worrying about ketosis, Celebrity Slim does not have anything to do with ketosis.

I'm glad you said that not me :D It's always confused me when I see talk of ketosis on this forum. I know that CS is supposed to be about 110 grams of carbs which is about the level that is considered close to minimum for making sure you don't go into ketosis :confused:

Now I'm confused...I thought you had to go into ketosis to get your body to use up the fat stores...if CS doesn't work on the principle of ketosis how does it work, sorry if question sounds daft but I'm confused :confused:

Now I'm confused...I thought you had to go into ketosis to get your body to use up the fat stores...if CS doesn't work on the principle of ketosis how does it work, sorry if question sounds daft but I'm confused :confused:

Not daft at all. Lots of people think this, but it isn't true, otherwise non-ketogenic diets such as calorie counting, WW and SW wouldn't work.

Reduce calories and the fat burns. That's all. Why some people use ketogenic diets is because it reduces hunger which makes reducing calories easier.

Lots of people feel really good on ketogenic diets, some feel rubbish and so should keep carbs above 100g to stop ketosis happening.

Either way. Reduce calories, you lose weight.

Two CS food packs a day equate to around 54g of carbs and as long as you don't eat more than 100g of carbs a day you will go into ketosis........a milder sutble form.
If you look in the book the possible side effects of CS are similar to those on Atkins/low carb.
Hope this helps :)

Thanks for that KD, I'm doing good anyway, apart from slip up last week due to my birthday!!! Not feeling hungry but weekends are hard !

Thanks NewDawn...I know its different for everyone...so far I'm really enjoying it hope it continues til I reach target :D

Two CS food packs a day equate to around 54g of carbs and as long as you don't eat more than 100g of carbs a day you will go into ketosis........a milder sutble form.
If you look in the book the possible side effects of CS are similar to those on Atkins/low carb.
Hope this helps :)

True, but a tweaked version of CS. I contacted CS some time ago about (for someone else) whether the diet was ketogenic, and if 110g of carbs was the aim for CSers. This is the reply I got.

Celeb Slim said:
"110 grams of carbs is correct. You get 50 grams from 2 shakes and the balance from snacks and meals. You should not go into ketosis with that level of carbs."

This is in no way a criticism of the diet. Keto and nonketo diets both work, and it's just finding the right one for each person.

I know I feel really rough when in ketosis, so if I had weight to lose and wasn't a CDC (LOL), for a meal replacement diet, CS would suit better.

Thanks for that KD, I'm doing good anyway, apart from slip up last week due to my birthday!!! Not feeling hungry but weekends are hard !

Happy birthday for last week! Weekends are tough aren't they. Hang in there :hug99:

You are welcome.............if you stick to the principles of the diet......you will continue to lose weight. I think because people are doing their own things....which are not strictly CS things can get a bit confusing.
You seem to be doing alright......:)

I'm glad you said that not me :D It's always confused me when I see talk of ketosis on this forum. I know that CS is supposed to be about 110 grams of carbs which is about the level that is considered close to minimum for making sure you don't go into ketosis :confused:

the reccommended intake of carbs on this diet is only between 50-60 g. you avoid all carby food such as pasta, bread etc

then you eat a low carb/carb free meal.

it is possible to go into ketosis on this diet, and with the carb intake many people do so/

only got half way fown the thread when i answered.

sorry :p

the reccommended intake of carbs on this diet is only between 50-60 g. you avoid all carby food such as pasta, bread etc

Umm. weird. The quote above about 110g came from celebrity slim themselves :confused:

Oh well :D Whatever works eh.

its strange, im just going of the products but they tell you to avoid certain fruits and like i mentioned about bread etc.

it seems a bit contradictory in my opinion.

but i got into ketosis by following there rules and its still a great diet :)

I don't think it is as low as 50-60g a day....it's more nearer to 100g because they include fruit on the diet and there are 11 carbs in an apple...and two shakes is 54g.
But you can still go into Ketosis if you don't go over 100g of carbs a day.

i guess really it just depends on what you eat :p

My heads done in..................I just want to lose the flippin weight..LOL

lol, tell me about it

im so bloody impatient.

Back