Out of pure wonderment and curiosity how long...

Yes, agree re: BlondeLogic, I used to read minimins as a 'lurker' and came across her inspiring posts. More proof that the weight can be kept off post any type of diet, including the VLCD's.

8 months straight. Not one blip, not one cheat till it sent me to the hospital. It looks/"sounds" harder than it really is once you get into a groove. If anyone has more weight to lose I would advise having their gallbladder out first and then there is no reason not to keep to CD for ages, as many months as need be.

Hi MissAma,

Congrats on your fantastic weightloss! You look great!

So sorry to hear you encountered such problems whilst doing CD, I hope all that is in the past for you now though.

Do you mind me asking what symptoms you had before your gallbladder started causing you trouble?

I plan on being on a VLCD for the next 6 months at least and reading your post has me worried.

What is it about VLCD's that can lead to gallbladder and pancreas problems?

I want to lose weight but certainly not in a way that could possibly endanger my health.

Hope you're all better now! :)

Hello Trixie, cheers for the compliments, I would have answered anyhow, you didn't have to LOL

Here's an older thread I think you should read

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/127380-health-question.html

As for me none, I had no clue it was connected -and to be fair I didn't want to dwelve into anything that would potentially be between me and my beloved shakes! or I would have found the bits where they take it out at weight loss surgery and I would have made the connection!- but while it was not fun and those few days of acute bladder and pancreas pain were horrendous and I wish them on no one, it was the fact that I found out too late -and was treated badly in a country where medicine could do better- that made it life endangering otherwise it would have been routine.

In other words if I had been forewarned I would have done something about it and it would have been fine, afterall, having a gallbladder out is a small price to pay to lose the weight! It's only when we burry our head in the sand that it gets bad. If you have it checked and your doc says it's fine, 6 months will fly by! Loads of good luck to you!

Kerry - im also losing the motivation..im DETERMINED.....very determined....but motivation wise..thats kinda gone??? im almost at goal and cant see why im losing another stone for except to see '9' something... hmmmm i need more than that to get the last stone off!

Me too i feel the same :(

really struggling at the mo!

Back