• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Out of pure wonderment and curiosity how long...

fitz

Lovin it !!! :)
When I did Lighter Life , I did 7 months straight through with no add a meal weeks or anything. SS 100% the whole time.

fitz

Lovin it !!! :)
Nah, once I get into a routine I'm pretty focused - tbh I was more concerned with the end result

I did SS from 18th May to 20th July straight no breaks...then went to Florida LOL :D

That was my longest straight run but keep breaking off for breaks (its the only way i keep sane!)

When I first started I did 6 weeks straight, then Xmas happened! I have started another 6 week run which will take me to just before my cousins wedding, I am having the weekend off for that.

doubledebra

Back 2 finish my journey
I did about 200 days on either ss ss+ or 810 no cheating but struggling now since xmas no gain as yet but got to get some motivation back!

I did the 1st 7 months SS 100% with the normal 12 week breaks but since xmas I am struggling still SSing 100% but its not as easy as i was before or I am just not as focused now my weight is lower ???

I think its time for me to either SS+ or go up to 810

Trash

Still fighting
I did the 1st 7 months SS 100% with the normal 12 week breaks but since xmas I am struggling still SSing 100% but its not as easy as i was before or I am just not as focused now my weight is lower ???

I think its time for me to either SS+ or go up to 810

Krikey Kerry

Thats amazing and to be honest your looking great in your last couple of photo's - maybe its time for you to change too 810 or even to SS+ for few weeks first see how you get on! Your so near to goal now you've done so brill and mayb you can go a little easy on ur self for the last part of your journey :) x

I have been so focused on getting to the end now that I am getting closer I need to look at the bigger picture.

8 months straight. Not one blip, not one cheat till it sent me to the hospital. It looks/"sounds" harder than it really is once you get into a groove. If anyone has more weight to lose I would advise having their gallbladder out first and then there is no reason not to keep to CD for ages, as many months as need be.

If anything I think losing on other plans and maintenance are far harder than the months on SS. For example, KD finishing 4 full years of maintenance is far more impressive than her finishing 6 full months of SS in my opinion.

If anything I think losing on other plans and maintenance are far harder than the months on SS. For example, KD finishing 4 full years of maintenance is far more impressive than her finishing 6 full months of SS in my opinion.

Thats what I have been telling my friends I think SSing it the easy part the hard part is what comes after

Ive always said SS is a piece of pish.... however

Not sure what all this talk of gall bladders is all about..think ive seen this type of post before ???

Kerry - im also losing the motivation..im DETERMINED.....very determined....but motivation wise..thats kinda gone??? im almost at goal and cant see why im losing another stone for except to see '9' something... hmmmm i need more than that to get the last stone off!

doubledebra

Back 2 finish my journey
Thats what I have been telling my friends I think SSing it the easy part the hard part is what comes after

i completely agree keeping it off is going to be far harder!

Hi Ladies --

I SS'd without cheating for the 12 weeks of Foundation when I did LL in 2008. Then, I started doing the management (as I was within a 1/2 stone of my goal weight).

I got to my goal weight --stayed there for about three months -- then stopped exercising and started to gain back. It took me about seven months to put back on 2 stone. And, then I got panicky. So, I tried LL life, but wasn't feeling. Went back on Minimins and started reading the various diet threads -- and decided that the CD diet seemed like a good option for me.

So, I SS'd for the first week when I started back (trying to lose the 2 stone regain with CD). Then I moved up a plan -- because I want to lose weight and learn how to manage my food at the same time. I do think not doing the whole Management program was a mistake. And, this time I waited to add in exercise and I am going to try to not overdo it. I want my exercise to be at a level I can maintain: so I learn how much I can eat and still maintain my weight.

I also think KD's managing for four years is much more impressive - than the SSing.

But, as far as long-term SS goes -- there is woman who is on the Lighter Life forum called BlondeLogic who SS'd for well over a year and has been maintaining for about one year. She lost an amazing amount of weight and has been very inspirational and supportive of other dieters.

MM